Recent Topics

Ads

KABOOM! useless?

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

KABOOM! useless?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi!
Now that KABOOM! isn't bugged anymore, is it really useful?
Any SH know that you have to be quick in order to escape a melee alive.
From my experience, sticky squigz (self punt + snare) is better than KABOOM! to escape melee opponents.
What's your opinion on this guys?
And what's the best combo to escape from a melee opponent?
I think it's disarm + sticky squigz + run away + detaunt.

Or maybe I'm just stupid to think that KABOOM! is an escape ability.

Ads
magter3001

Re: KABOOM! useless?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:31 pm

I haven't used kaboom as an escape ability since mythic changed it to being parry-able. Given that Squig Herders have low strength, the chance of kaboom being parried, especially vs a mdps was pretty high.

Just use run away, detaunt, and pots as your escape from being ganked by whs. Everything else you shouldn't even be attacked by.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Dalgrimar

Post#3 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 pm

lol.
No offence but you must be really bad stating KABOOM! is useless.
(Not aimed at OP as he didnt state but asked.)
I dont play annymore atm but i allways used it when needed and it saved my life multiple times.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

ToXoS

Post#4 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:57 pm

magter3001 wrote:I haven't used kaboom as an escape ability since mythic changed it to being parry-able. Given that Squig Herders have low strength, the chance of kaboom being parried, especially vs a mdps was pretty high.

Just use run away, detaunt, and pots as your escape from being ganked by whs. Everything else you shouldn't even be attacked by.
Kaboom is only usable in squig armor.
And while in the squig armor your BS bonus from items counts also as strength.
So, when you use kaboom, your strength is really not bad at all.

ToXoS

Post#5 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:03 am

In which situation kaboom can be useful?
It's a PBAoE punt, just like the ones that SM and BO have.
But, unlike these two classes, SH can't just rush into the melee and use this ability without dying.

Kopfmotorrad

Post#6 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:48 am

ToXoS wrote:In which situation kaboom can be useful?
But, unlike these two classes, SH can't just rush into the melee and use this ability without dying.

This.
No one should ever run into the enemies and use PbAoE Punt. It just gives the enemies an immunity.

There are some cases in which a PbAoE Punt can be used defensively but when I see people use it in RvR or scenario it is 99% just wasted action points and immunity for multiple enemies.

Teefz

Post#7 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 am

KABOOM! is not useless. KABOOM! around your healer(s)to save them is beautiful. KABOOM! also shoots you up in the air which ultimately can give you more height/distance on your sticky squigz. That's if you can time it when you see that things are starting to go in the wrong direction or use before/while getting zerged. KABOOM! also let's you jump off insanely high places and land with 100% HP. KABOOM! is awesome.

ToXoS

Post#8 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:55 am

Kopfmotorrad wrote:
ToXoS wrote:In which situation kaboom can be useful?

This.
No one should ever run into the enemies and use PbAoE Punt. It just gives the enemies an immunity.

There are some cases in which a PbAoE Punt can be used defensively but when I see people use it in RvR or scenario it is 99% just wasted action points and immunity for multiple enemies.
Hmmm...No?
I play SM too, and the PBAoE punt is great if used offensively.
A punt does not give immunities I think.
Unstoppable gives you immunities to stagger, KD, disarm and silence effects, not knockback.
This PBAoE punt is the perfect tool to break ennemy tanks line and to move the squishies a little closer to your WB.
It SHOULD be used defensively and offensively.

But this thread is not about this.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#9 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:02 am

Teefz wrote:KABOOM! is not useless. KABOOM! around your healer(s)to save them is beautiful. KABOOM! also shoots you up in the air which ultimately can give you more height/distance on your sticky squigz. That's if you can time it when you see that things are starting to go in the wrong direction or use before/while getting zerged. KABOOM! also let's you jump off insanely high places and land with 100% HP. KABOOM! is awesome.
You're right!
I tried KABOOM! + sticky squigz, really impressive!
I have to say, it's really not useless at all actually.

Rowhin

Post#10 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 am

ToXoS wrote:A punt does not give immunities I think.

It most certainly does, at least against other punts.