Recent Topics

Ads

Pug scenario IS LIVE! [Thanks for voting!]

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.

Poll: Would you like the pug scenario to be implemented, or would you like no change to be made?

Yes - Implement a pug scenario
79%
No - I don't want any change
21%
Total votes: 233

Luth

Re: Pug scenario creation yay or nay? [Poll][Final]

Post#71 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:04 am

People seem to forget that pugs often have a portion of new/uninformed players and not only consist of veteran players who want to solo queue for various reasons. There is no reason to throw these players into the meat grinder. The only thing they will learn from it is that it's more safe/rewarding to zerg in RvR.
Last edited by Luth on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Euan
Suspended

Post#72 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:04 am

oRvR is not casual in the least.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#73 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 am

footpatrol2 wrote:ORvR is still very casual. Random Open warbands are casual. So your not removing all forms of casual play from this game.

Let the die hard casuals leave. I bet most players are not die hard casuals. Most players would just get into groups to join SC's then quit this game. You will have some die hard casuals that refuse to join in groups and not make friends but are they really contributing to the community anyway with that mindset?
While I ofc cant speak for people I have not met, all my friends who play this game would fall under casual who will never (due to different circumstances) join a premade and would rather leave if you left them no option to be casuals (Im alkoing about around 10 players here btw).
peterthepan3 wrote:
Natherul wrote:
footpatrol2 wrote:So we have a game that is heavily rooted in organized group play via game mechanics. But we are entertaining the idea to cater to players that follow the path of least resistance. There is nothing wrong with that.

There are better games out there for their casual playstyle if they refuse to interact with other players. There is a ton of games on the market that are free that are looking for those types of players.

I kinda feel that the solo option should just straight be removed. If you don't have a party of 6 then you shouldn't que. Don't knee jerk this suggestion. Think it through. What will happen? This would promote more groups to be formed and likely better group compositions. You wouldn't even have to put in coding for a 2/2/2 situation. Players would self regulate to that. This promotes more interaction happening within the community which is a good thing. More friendships would be started. Ya its a super bold move but it promotes grouping. Which means there will be a lot more people looking to start a group. Which means it will be easier to get into a group. Which also means the quality of SC fights will be better overall because of decent group compositions. Which means the sc fights that you participate in will be more balanced and you'll likely have a lot more fun. You will get a population drop. But what is left will be a lot higher quality and can grow.

Casuals follow the path of least resistance. Elevate the path of least resistance.

Casuals already dominate the ORvR of this game.

If this solo que SC goes through and gains popularity I fear the direction that will follow. RoR will succeed where EA did not. Making AoR a closer clone of WoW. Is that the goal of RoR?
I disagree, I think if you remove all forms of casual playstyle for the game then most casuals will leave, meaning less pop of SCs and less ORvR (unless the casual is a masochist).
I don't think anyone is advocating that; more, that organised PvP in a MMOPVP game ought to take priority and if you want to be casual in a mmopvp game - that's completely cool - provided those who are organised (as per how the game was intended**) don't suffer. i think anyway.
Im of the other mindset, if premades cant survive on their own then they should die out, at least if the game consist of a majority of casuals. I think forcing premades vs. casuals will just inflict harm on the community at large in the long run.

Dont get me wrong, I dont see an issue with premades, I just think they should fight vs premades and not casuals.

peterthepan3

Post#74 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:25 am

On the contrary: I think we should be promoting group play, and not letting it 'die out'.

I agree with you - they should fight against other premades. The issue, however, is that this is not always possible due to low populations/only a handful of premades being online and queuing. During NA hours there are like 1/2 premades queuing on average, not a lot of RvR etc.

So when people say 'punishing premades', they aren't necessarily saying it in the context of 'devs going out of their way to deliberately punish premades!!', but rather changes such as these potentially having an inadvertent adverse effect on organised groups.

(sorry to sidetrack somewhat, was just replying thoroughly to you :) )

saupreusse
Developer

Post#75 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:26 am

It looks like some people believe that there is a way to force all sc players in a premade, but this is just wishful thinking and not achievable.
There will always be solo queuers. Period.
Nothing you can do about that, sorry. And since they are the "many", they have every right for a good game experience, and this right here is their suggestion. That's exactly what this project is about. To try new things and develop this s*cker with the help from the community.

Dalgrimar

Post#76 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:33 am

Kali14 wrote: Yes, I will now special and all the time log in on my AM Skalier and healing our low levels Order Pug players the best how I can. My AOE heal restoring even 3000 heals every 2,5 seconds. This will be very funny watching how our 35 RR Pug players EVERY DAY take revange on destro 60 RR players and how they farming them. Hahaha
The cuteness is real <3
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#77 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 am

peterthepan3 wrote:On the contrary: I think we should be promoting group play, and not letting it 'die out'.

I agree with you - they should fight against other premades. The issue, however, is that this is not always possible due to low populations/only a handful of premades being online and queuing. During NA hours there are like 1/2 premades queuing on average, not a lot of RvR etc.

So when people say 'punishing premades', they aren't necessarily saying it in the context of 'devs going out of their way to deliberately punish premades!!', but rather changes such as these potentially having an inadvertent adverse effect on organised groups.

No no, I was understanding the point your making :D And while yes I also think group play should be promoted, the puggers are many and fighting premade is killing their enjoyment of the game, and if they cant solo join SCs and (if taking the same situation as you, NA times) there is no ORvR, then its either getting farmed or stop playing if you are not willing to try and find a premade t join.

As Sau just said, puggers are many and they have every right to a good experience as well, and the option of a solo SC is too good to not try and see if it does not work out better.

And while in an Ideal situation I myself would find a premade and play with it, I dont see that happening due to the circumstances that it is to have a demanding job and a GM/CM :D
SO a pug SC sounds awesome to me :D

peterthepan3

Post#78 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am

Natherul wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:On the contrary: I think we should be promoting group play, and not letting it 'die out'.

No no, I was understanding the point your making :D And while yes I also think group play should be promoted, the puggers are many and fighting premade is killing their enjoyment of the game, and if they cant solo join SCs and (if taking the same situation as you, NA times) there is no ORvR, then its either getting farmed or stop playing if you are not willing to try and find a premade t join.

As Sau just said, puggers are many and they have every right to a good experience as well, and the option of a solo SC is too good to not try and see if it does not work out better.

And while in an Ideal situation I myself would find a premade and play with it, I dont see that happening due to the circumstances that it is to have a demanding job and a GM/CM :D
SO a pug SC sounds awesome to me :D
Fair points man, and yeah of course not everyone can play in a premade due to time constraints/work/rl - completely understand that. let's try it out and see what happens.

Ads
s3rv0

Post#79 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:38 am

As a grace wp most of premades will want you to roll as 100% healer and I find it boring. That's why I prefer playing in pug vs pug, they are fun and you can play any build you like.

Pulse

Post#80 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:39 am

I voted yes. Don't have regular play schedules atm and generally short session times so solo queue. I find it rather odd though that the organized group only crowd already apparently can't field at least two groups per faction for fast scen pops yet try to sound as if they are the majority of the player base and only their play style is valid. A bit too much elitism in some people.