Recent Topics

Ads

Exploiting Guards and Flag Mechanics

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Exploiting Guards and Flag Mechanics

Post#1 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:03 am

Tonight, I had two scenarios in which Order would take the flag in the Blackfire Basin and then proceed to hold the flag in their spawn without turning it in. They then proceeded to use an engineer to pull players into the guards, running the timer out - the full 15 minutes - and winning by kills, almost all of the kills by SC Spawn Guards.

Is there any way to put a timer on the flag in this SC? Player picks it up and if he doesn't turn it in within 60 seconds it resets?

Seems like a cheap way to win IMO and not in the spirit of the game. IMO it's exploiting both the flag mechanics and the guards.

Ads
Azarael

Re: Exploiting Guards and Flag Mechanics

Post#2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:26 pm

We call this "reverse farming" and I will look into a way to stop it once I have finished making changes to RvR. In the meantime, I would be happy if GMs were to ban groups guilty of reverse farm bullshit. Those who do not wish to play objective-based scenarios should blacklist them.

Penril

Post#3 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Maybe the flag "explodes" after 1-2 minutes, giving points to the other realm?

Olszewski

Post#4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:10 pm

I would also recheck the range of siege in SC's. Some still prevent the pick up of objective. Recheck radius considered to be spawn camping.

Thelen

Post#5 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Penril wrote:Maybe the flag "explodes" after 1-2 minutes, giving points to the other realm?
I like this solution as long as the points to the other realm is significant (same amount as a flag cap?). If you hold flag for that long you should be heavily punished.

Wouldn't be exploitable because most flag turn-ins are instant and can't be interrupted anyways (BF Basin, Phoenix Gate...etc), so there is no excuse for not returning flag.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:19 pm

I also saw some Order players griefing their own team by refusing to turn in the flag and just running out the clock, forcing us all to just sit around and wait. I was on my Order toon at the time, it was quite frustrating. It was another Ironbreaker and an Archmage healing him. Totally lame.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Alex1905

Post#7 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:35 pm

I was there and saw it and it was very unbalanced scenario i think that's the reason why it happened

hogun

Post#8 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:52 pm

hmm funny when we are farm by team if we us stratégique solution to contre farm its bad ? if we put the flag when we are push we give the flag ! is it the only solution ?

can you give the rule for bg , if its not autorised said it plz
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:53 pm

I would rather get the SC moving than run out the clock like that. The SC WAS unbalanced in the sense that Destro was mirking us, but since our only healer was concentrating on healing one dude, it just meant the rest of us got to have fun with the resident firing squad of Sorcs and Magi. What could've been a simple 5-10 minute SC became this max-time slog (which we still lost) because one dude wouldn't just hand in the flag.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#10 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:55 pm

There is also the Magus NPC at Reikland scenario that is far from destro respawn near central BO that make order impossible to kill caster that hide near him (there is no NPC that far on order side in this sc) that makes sc unbalanced too
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer