Recent Topics

Ads

What Prevents players from debolstering?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tifereth

Re: What Prevents players from debolstering?

Post#31 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:27 pm

As mentioned before in this thread, for me and many others I know it's mostly the hassle with the awkward debolstering system
that keeps me from simply jumping into the T3 lake for a change of pace. Not being able to queue into low tier bracket scenarios
doesn't help, either, to bridge eventual downtime.

There's always something going on in T4, at least during the EU time slot, making T3 uninteresting comparatively imo.
Some people like the hunt for cosmetics, but at least personally it doesn't really cut it for me, when I have limited playtime
and the hunt for high RR/conq gear is still fresh.
I think not being able to use talismans etc and being weaker than an actual T3 toon is fair enough a compromise.
However, especially since gearing choice is so limited anyway, maybe streamlining and squishing stats to a certain threshhold immediately on entering the lake without a need to spend gold/time might increase people's willingness on giving debolstering
a try. I also liked the idea of savable specs. That would be a sweet idea not only for debolstering, but generally speaking.

At least, maybe putting a RvR gear vendor/mastery trainer for those that don't use/don't know how to use Anywheretrainer into the respective warcamp might go a long way already. Ease of access is the keyword that might sway people to give it a shot.
Longbeard Runedolf Forgebreaker 40/4X Runepriest
R.I.P. Vokuhila, Zealot RR6X

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#32 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Luth wrote:
freshour wrote: Would it be possible to maybe set it to 2.50? It is still not cheap, but would actually give someone 2x the amount of respects that they currently have available :D (didn't wanna make a new thread so throwing it on here).
I think it would be better to implement a possibility for players to save one spec for t1 and one for mid tier, for instance per chat command (.save lowspec/midspec or something like that). Whenever the player is flagged for PvP in a lower tier and is meeting the gear requirements, the according spec will be loaded. Maybe another command (e.g. .check lowspec/midspec) could be used to see the current specs.
That sounds like an AWESOME idea!

Dresden
Banned

Post#33 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 am

#T3WazDaGoldenAge

#DaProphecyOfDresden
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

th3gatekeeper

Post#34 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:19 am

Dresden wrote:#T3WazDaGoldenAge

#DaProphecyOfDresden
Agreed. Best time in RoR was t3 RvR (for me)...

The answer to this thread is two fold
1) rewards. Now we have this. Which is cool. It'll be interesting to see how this changes once people have their sets. Maybe it's enough of carrot....

2) convenience. It's cumbersome to debolster. It takes quite a bit of time, have ti have a full second set of gear in your bags (or third if you keep 2 sets for 40 rvr as I do) and it costs gold. Also my anywhere trainer doesnt let me do renown for some reason, so I always have to run to iC...

Anyways, for now, the carrot warrants the hassle. Once I have what I need, i can't see myself doing it again due to issue #2.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Dresden
Banned

Post#35 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:00 am

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Dresden wrote:#T3WazDaGoldenAge

#DaProphecyOfDresden
Agreed. Best time in RoR was t3 RvR (for me)...

The answer to this thread is two fold
1) rewards. Now we have this. Which is cool. It'll be interesting to see how this changes once people have their sets. Maybe it's enough of carrot....

2) convenience. It's cumbersome to debolster. It takes quite a bit of time, have ti have a full second set of gear in your bags (or third if you keep 2 sets for 40 rvr as I do) and it costs gold. Also my anywhere trainer doesnt let me do renown for some reason, so I always have to run to iC...

Anyways, for now, the carrot warrants the hassle. Once I have what I need, i can't see myself doing it again due to issue #2.
Agreed on all things.

I'm taking notes on all this new debolstery issue stuff to add some things to the pinned debolster topic so that should help some.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

spikespiegel84

Post#36 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 am

Already made a thread long ago on Respec cost and custom layouts.
Been answered that works as intended, gold sink, the dangers of inflation, you can grind 10 gold in 10 minutes.
I just ask my sugar daddies in the guild, no problem for me :D

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:24 am

spikespiegel84 wrote: you can grind 10 gold in 10 minutes.
When your only char is a healer, this is far from truth for solo farming. :) My friend has a slayer and yes, with the appropriate char it is easy. They can help you but overall they earn less opposed to solo, when you make 50:50.
Dying is no option.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#38 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 am

Well Gold rly isnt a Problem! You rly dont need much time to get it
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
Dresden
Banned

Post#39 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:33 am

spikespiegel84 wrote:Already made a thread long ago on Respec cost and custom layouts.
Been answered that works as intended, gold sink, the dangers of inflation, you can grind 10 gold in 10 minutes.
I just ask my sugar daddies in the guild, no problem for me :D
Not what i meant but noted.

Afterlife92

Post#40 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:11 pm

drmordread wrote:Why take people out of t4 by adding gear and RR gain pots in t2/t3? Why is so much being added to a lower tier that most people just power level out of? It makes absolutely no sense! Killing RvR in t4 because some lowbies want to get t3 inf gear, that they will get rid f as soon as they get into t4.

T2/t3 are boring. Zerg a zone in 10 minutes, fly to another, do it again, and again in a third, rinse and repeat, till bored, log on to other realm, and do it all over again.

I still have no clue why this much attention i being paid to lowbies?
Have to agree 100% on this. I enjoyed playing t3 last year before t4 was released. T1 is not that bad but its boring mostly when ppl start leaving groups (cause of xrealm mostly) sc pops takes ages during day time. T2/T3 even worse same reasons. You don't have organized groups not even one 6man group. With xp nerf its even harder to lvlup in dead tiers. My suggestion is to bring back xp tbh rr isn't that an issue with good group. And NA dudes have hard time lvling up. It's not that I whine but I need to get to t4 quickly to play 6v6 with my guild so pwrlvling only way for me.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi