Recent Topics

Ads

Fast Leveling

Let's talk about... everything else
Iacobus666

Re: Fast Leveling

Post#11 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Completely depends on the class - I'm currently levelling one of each destro class using rested XP with the odd bit of going all out on 1 char and I can see quite easily why certain classes that can be seen commonly at T1 aren't there in force by T4. The Choppa is pretty crap to level as its survivability comes from Guard + high parry, but it's hard to get high parry without PVP, which is terrible when playing solo without a competent guard. Te self heal helps a little bit though, and the Moral 1 parry helps tons.

The Sorceress is also nasty due to low defences when closed in on and of course the self damage. On the other hand though, DOK is ridiculously easy, most tanks are solid, the SH is a kiting master and the Marauder takes the piss on how easy to solo level it is with its high damage and self healing!

Really, it comes down to the class being played.
PHALANX

Rank 40s:
Krumpguts - Black Orc
Corpsegrinda - Choppa

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#12 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Iacobus666 wrote:Completely depends on the class - I'm currently levelling one of each destro class using rested XP with the odd bit of going all out on 1 char and I can see quite easily why certain classes that can be seen commonly at T1 aren't there in force by T4. The Choppa is pretty crap to level as its survivability comes from Guard + high parry, but it's hard to get high parry without PVP, which is terrible when playing solo without a competent guard. Te self heal helps a little bit though, and the Moral 1 parry helps tons.

The Sorceress is also nasty due to low defences when closed in on and of course the self damage. On the other hand though, DOK is ridiculously easy, most tanks are solid, the SH is a kiting master and the Marauder takes the piss on how easy to solo level it is with its high damage and self healing!

Really, it comes down to the class being played.
As to the Sorc: its probably the best class to lvl apothecary with, aside from that, pick up BiB (Bathing in Blood) as soon its available to you, and once you hit 31 [Abbd.: You might even want to use certain low lvl sets to get an additional mastery point to earlier access it, don't drop your ST rotation though.] you can pick up AV (Absorb Vitality) and go nuts.
[Abbd.: TB (Triumphant Blasting) is too a blessing as it comes to grinding PvE stuff.]
I've leveled my sorc from 31 onwards by solo grinding the BC champs, your burst and some kiting is enough to kill them - you might have to go a little slower, but if you have scav maxed it'll net you plenty of mats and xp. If thats too slow for you, you might aswell go kill normal mobs whilst keeping one alive to lifetap from.

Abbd.:
Also, if you level up a new char you'll need mayhem/ruin; you'll be invetiably stuck at a PQ, just stick around even after you've completed your set and leech xp. However, make sure to opt out.

But then again, generally speaking your best bet as it comes to leveling is getting into a guild asap. People are generally happy to see new recruits and are willing to help you out, especially if they farm stuff - having someone to chat with whilst genociding some poor breed of pixels is alot more comfortable...

Considering how many people happen to take issue with leveling there should be plenty of people to group and level with ~ its a conundrum of sorts.

Abbd.: Once you hit midtier look for people to either farm mayhem or genocide Gnoblars(destro emp t3, HP); or champ squigs(order dwarf t3, Badlands).

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#13 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:18 am

I start t1 leveling in orvr and scs . If iam high enough i go elven Tier and Make pqs to lev 28. About mayb 8 hours play time. Than i start Lonley tower in Chaos waste to Level and get Ruin Fragments. If i reach lev 35 i start Ruin pqs in praag there are two that you can solo. If iam lev 40 i have full Ruin.

For farming Gold my lovely spot is averlorn in the east there is a spot with about 100 forest Monsters Dyrads and so on on a small place. I aoe farm tham. I have full inventory after 20 minits with stell about 35 Gold. You have to skill aoe for that buy some pots If you need against down Times and put all renown to parry for that If youre char isnt tough enough
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

flintboth

Post#14 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 am

Leveling on PvE side... boring, why are you playing a mmo seriously ?
When my charachters ding level 4 I leveling it on scenario and RvR only, enjoy all Tiers, it's low and playable at certain time only, but it's fun; There is no game/fun to farm mobs for xp grind, waste of time in a mmo concept.
I prefer to leave a mmo game than xp grind on PvE and go play Zelda, Mario...
Last edited by flintboth on Mon May 29, 2017 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

NeverForget

Post#15 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:33 am

Foomy44 wrote:
NeverForget wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Just killing mobs all day? can you tell me what mobs do you hunt, and where? Because I want to try different characters to try every single playstyle and decide on one to go to the max on everything, and its kinda slow and boring because I see the same mobs and maps the whole day :(
On this swordmaster I found it best to find spots with lots of champs. I hit lvl 12 really easy just randomly smacking mobs in PQs, after that I started looking for spots with preferably 2 champs close enough that I could pull them 1 at a time with throw and still enough mobs around that I had stuff to kill while between champ respawns, then just stood in place and spammed my rotation in 1 hand while watching tv. If you just run around spamming tab you should come across champs fairly easily, I never had to look more than 10 minutes to find a spot that I could get a few easy levels at. Champ farming aint always the best tactic, worked on my shammy and chosen but when I leveled my magus I found it much faster to find huge groups of easy melee mobs and just AoE farm them. I'd stay away from PQs, if you cant farm anything while it's resetting thats a lot of time down the drain. Another trick I've used before is using RvR level boost to farm mobs much higher level than you, for example the moment you can get into T4 there are spots with lvl 40 mobs in or near the border of the RvR zone so you can farm mobs a little outta your league with the aid of the level boost. Didn't use it this time but it's worked for me in the past. If you need a particular spot for a certain level lemme know what level or message Zergling in game and I'll help ya out.
Thank you, I think Ill do that ^^ I want to raise 5 chars to lvl 20 at the same time I play scenarios (SC abreviation?) so I can find my style here. Then, Ill focus on one. Im playing a blork called Lubruk, lvl 13 atm rr12. Its a bit frustrating because of the Order power and superiority, but I like too much Destruction side and Ive personality so I wont follow the Order herg xD.
If you let me, Id like to ask something: the 5 chars I wanna play are representants of the different playstyles of the game: tank, melee dps (dmg supporters I call them), solo melee dps (we/wh basically), melee range, magic range and healer. Am I right? Are these the playstyles atm, or am I forgetting something? And, another question, who is the best healer? People say zealot, some dok, and most shammy. And as melee dps, mara seems safe but Choppa reminds me from slayers :) donno what to pick as that style.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#16 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:38 am

flintboth wrote:Leveling on PvE side... boring, why are you playing a mmo seriously ?
When my charachters ding level 4 I leveling it on scenario and RvR only, enjoy all Tiers, it's low and playable et certain time only, but it's fun; There is no game/fun to farm mobs for xp grind, waste of time in a mmo concept.
I prefer to leave a mmo game than xp grind on PvE and go play Zelda, Mario...
Well i Do it because i Just have fun in t1 and 4 . So i play t1 and after 2 days iam at t4 and can play there. I want to play with my guild and with my friends and they all are t4
And what has mmo to do with pvp? There are Tons of mmo where it is 80% pve 20% pvp.
I rly like pvp But i like to play in my grps with friends so have to Hit lev 40. And Level pve is much faster than everything Else. Sure its stupid and no fun to farm two days The Same Mobs and pqs :) But When its done its done
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

lastalien

Post#17 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:50 am

Fast lvl need for twinks and ppl who playing this game before.
I am exp all my twinks on 40 champions, but with one of the last patch it was broken.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

flintboth

Post#18 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 am

I can understand that and this is one of the reason why low Tiers are empty, but for me, it's a mmo and I play with all because it's a game and we are all here to have fun together in a online game approach. Really seriously I have fun with all in a mmo, I don't need to rush the game to be with my brother or school friends... Or speak the same language.
It's so fun to play with players coming from the entire world and who like the same things like you, Greenskin, Dwarves, strawberry syrup... And dislike Elves, Karl Franz...
So when I m joining the RvR T2/T3 it's a new adventure (major part of time at prime time only) with new/old characters/players arround; Who is who ? It's not important and it's even fun...
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 am

flintboth wrote:I can understand that and this is one of the reason why low Tiers are empty, but for me, it's a mmo and I play with all because it's a game and we are all here to have fun together in a online game approach. Really seriously I have fun with all in a mmo, I don't need to rush the game to be with my brother or school friends... Or speak the same language.
It's so fun to play with players coming from the entire world and who like the same things like you, Greenskin, Dwarves, strawberry syrup... And dislike Elves, Karl Franz...
So when I m joining the RvR T2/T3 it's a new adventure (major part of time at prime time only) with new/old characters/players arround; Who is who ? It's not important and it's even fun...
I do very much appreciate that mindset of yours, feel hugged. <3

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#20 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:40 am

flintboth wrote:I can understand that and this is one of the reason why low Tiers are empty, but for me, it's a mmo and I play with all because it's a game and we are all here to have fun together in a online game approach. Really seriously I have fun with all in a mmo, I don't need to rush the game to be with my brother or school friends... Or speak the same language.
Dont forget that ppl have fun on diffrent Things!!
I rly loved The lower Tiers. But after 13 Toons leveled to 40 no ty :) sometimes it gets me and i run about to dwarf t3 and Chill out. Well the years where i can play with my shool friends is 18 years ago :)