Permanent Realm Lockouts

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should RoR have permenant realm lockouts?

Yes
41%
No
59%
Total votes: 314

Fractus

Re: Permanent Realm Lockouts

Post#131 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:54 am

All tanks, both destro and order have Raze M2, both sides using morale items can get m2 in 26 secs. Can only get from morale from when you start combat, and that means staying alive for 15-30 secs and then acting together as a team when you are all ready to coordinate your morales, that always takes longer than 15 secs.

As Aurulandaz said, raze is not the main component, flanking, positioning, targeting, guarding, healing, timing pushes tank defensive m4 etc together as a coordinated team are what gets the kills.

This is the rush and what the long term teams know and enjoy, people should join in.

When you have long term teams with plenty of good leaders on both sides, acting well together, having challenging fights because neither side gives in, then the game shines as a team based pvp game, not just FPS press fire and pointing at a target, but having a broad range of abilities, team synergies, positioning to think about in a fight, and a great level engagement with great rewards for coordination.
Last edited by Fractus on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
ragafury

Post#132 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 am

lastalien wrote:
Spoiler:
Fractus wrote: I'd like to add all those wb's i listed, both destro and order use morales well.
Old question. Destro have raze - 15 sek, Order have BW 2nd - same, but tank not a BW. This question not for this topic.
Raze is most of the time not even a tool you want to use. Most of the time you want to save for tank M4. Early razes Vs prepared / organized enemies mostly result in loldmg. Only a powerful tool Vs uncoordinated grps or Vs a grp that enters the fight after you have wiped a first grp.

Raze kills Vs organized groups are most of the time only luck because you get the last hit on an already low hp enemy.

If raze was that powerful it would score dbs, but most of my DBs result from three hit combo or WAAAGH! depending on specc.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

lastalien

Post#133 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:05 am

Fractus wrote:All tanks, both destro and order have Raze M2, both sides using morale items can get m2 in 26 secs. Can only get from morale from when you start combat, and that means staying alive for 15-30 secs and then acting together as a team when you are all ready to coordinate your morales, that always takes longer than 15 secs.

As Aurulandaz said, raze is not the main component, flanking, positioning, targeting, guarding, healing, timing pushes tank defensive m4 etc together as a coordinated team are what gets the kills.

This is the rush and what the long term teams know and enjoy, people should join in.
As diplomatically you described it :) the destro gets tank m2 and m4 is easy and beautiful.
In my opinion, the initiative of local developers to reduce the received crit in the order, violated the balance between the destro and the order in rvr. Previously, the destro rialm had the advantage of quickly obtaining protective morals, but had lesser damage from abilities due to less critical scores. Now the Order has cardinally lost in crit, and the Destro has lost nothing.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Fractus

Post#134 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:10 am

@Lastalien if order vs destro morales is such an issue, why did LMN switch their wb from destro to order side?

Why did TUP, a destro guild make an order 6 man when destro was zerging too hard?

- because challenging fights when your part of a coordinated team with a good leader is the most fun in game and the most rewarding, also the best way to get medals/gear

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#135 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 am

hmm is These the thread about lockout timers iam a bit confused !
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

lastalien

Post#136 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:18 am

Fractus wrote:@Lastalien if order vs destro morales is such an issue, why did LMN switch their wb from destro to order side?

Why did TUP, a destro guild make an order 6 man when destro was zerging too hard?

- because challenging fights when your part of a coordinated team with a good leader is the most fun in game and the most rewarding, also the best way to get medals/gear
And in my opinion, TUP love an easy fight :)
LMN are good fellows :)

I played on the order all the time, and saw both the advantage in patches and flaws (on live). And I continue to play even now, although the number of people has greatly decreased from the summer season.

English is not my native language and I do not want to sit and discuss for a long time on the forum what is right and what is not.

So I just play this, when and while I like it.
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Haojin

Post#137 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Spoiler:
this thread gonna lock soon but i wanna add something:

-both sides not hesistating zerging, cut the bullshit, nobody is paladin here.
-we're not coordinating with anybody UNLESS we outnumbered like 1:3 a couple of times.
-we're not touching anbody under number 6, UNLESS they dismount/attack us.
-it's so **** funny to see order whines, it never happened on live, guess why ? [ l2p ]

-all i can say is, all whine about zerging comes from order but they not hesitating acting like this :

1- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20275&hilit=unite+or+die

2- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19770

3-changing warband days for dodging us ? ps: we're not blind obviously.
Spoiler:
bonus: Image
so, gtfo, gfys and prepare for ultimate punishment.
love, hao.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Wdova

Post#138 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 am

When server was full(1400 players online) it seemd like good idea, but now population is too thin to have permanent realm lockouts. Makaing 4-6 hours lockout between realm switch would be better.
"Quickness is the essence of the war."

Sun Tzu

Ads
PartizanRUS

Post#139 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 am

Alfinnete wrote:Simple: After logging in, you have 5 min to switch factions. After 5 min, you receive a temporary lock of 2 hours.
8 hours like in original and its minimum. Players who play mostly 1 side won't be affected at all.
If you are vane who switching sides every time battle turns, only then you won't like this lockout. There is 175 such players on this forum.
Any Lockout will improve integrity of the faction. There is nothing more to discuss other than devs don't want to or can't improve rvr pvp with simple and working lockout.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Grock

Post#140 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:53 am

If you are vane who switching sides every time battle turns, only then you won't like this lockout.
Oh of course who else could be upset about not being able to freely choose what character you want to play next :lol:
There is nothing more to discuss
there is, you just dont want to
Last edited by Grock on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)