Recent Topics

Ads

Yo! New player here looking for some basic advice.

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ChrisKnight

Yo! New player here looking for some basic advice.

Post#1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:45 am

Yo! So there's the thing, i started playing yesterday for nostlagia but i just played for one month when the game came out so idk too much about the game and characters. I'm playing in order right now and i made a Witch hunter but i did not like him that much so i switched to an Engenier. He is pretty fun but it has no healing and no 1v1 strenght atm (I'm low level so idk if that will change later, but i played a ''lot'' of pvp in my first day cause i love it and while he seems very annoying with the turrets i had some trouble 1v1 and i usually like to 1v1 people and be avaible to heal myself a little.

My questions are basically if there is any class that can do damage (Not crazy damage or anything) and heal himself? If posible ranged, also 1v1 options?

And i will also like to know about order healers since yesterday i was doing some pvp and i found that Destruction had a billion healers and we had none, is this normal in order or it was just random? If it is normal i will probably think to do a healer, if so what's the one that can do annoying damage while healing? (if there is)

That's probably a lot of stuff to ask for but i'm really interested cuz i remember having tons and tons of fun pvping in this game, thank you all and hope to see you out there!

Ads
Collateral

Re: Yo! New player here looking for some basic advice.

Post#2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Engineer is not a healer class, but later on he gets a keg that can heal him and his allies afaik. He is a stationary rdps class, which means you can't really move much in combat. They can be pretty decent in 1v1 fights, but you won't find many of those here, unless you are NA/oceanic time). There are a number of classes in this game that have self healing capabilities (if not a great majority of them). But obviously the most efficient ones in that are dps healers, namely warrior priest and disciple of khaine. But I really don't recommend to play these as melee healers until you are very high renown rank (50 and up). You will struggle a lot and it's not super easy to master that kind of play style. There are healers that can do a crap ton of healing while doing damage, like archmage/shaman or DoK/WP, but again, it's not easy to play them this way, and you will just annoy your team mates cuz you won't be doing any real damage, and you won't be healing a lot either.

So I would recommend to either roll a pure dps class, or go pure healer. Later once you learn the basics and get a good feeling about the classes, you can try different builds and play styles.

Akilinus

Post#3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 pm

You have a wierd mindset to this game. The game focuses on group play like daoc and not around 1v1. Witch hunter and witch elf is the only classes that are somewhat based on 1v1 but if you want to play a healer that can do dmg maybe try shaman or archmage
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Glorian

Post#4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Damage plus healing though would be an Engineer. And you can win some 1vs1s. But not vs Goblins or Shamans. They are kiting beasts and retreat usually before the killing blow.

But yes, if you want to go 1vs1 and win more than lose, go WH or White Lion or Witch Elf.

And if you want to see what 4 Engis with kegs can do watch here:

Snipers with four Kegs.

ChrisKnight

Post#5 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Hey thank you all for the answers they're pretty useful, the reason why i like to run a character that can fight well 1v1 is because i like to roam or try tricky things a lot of times, i just have fun with it.

The engineer seems pretty solid tho, i will try the Archmage and the White Lion, if the server needs more healers tho that will probably be my choice. Thank you all again, i have a better idea now :)

Akilinus

Post#6 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 am

If you are into roaming I would suggest getting really good knowledge of the class you are playing and knowing how to fight your opponents. You can solo roam with most classes some are easier than others. I would not recommed solo roaming to new players you are likely to have a bad time.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman