Recent Topics

Ads

SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Scottx125

Re: SC- Should Loosing side get rewarded aswell?

Post#11 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 pm

The major problem isn't the fact that people group (though that does factor into it). Its the fact that the balance of classes sometimes is woefully in favour of one team. Both teams need to have an identical number of mirror classes, or an identical number of classes which directly counter another class on the opposite team.

Now in regards to the change in SC points. I don't see how that is fair at all. You might view it as rewarding people for making groups. But you are also punishing pugs who might not have a lot of time to invest but giving them the scraps of the harvest. SC points need to be earned at the same rate for everyone, no matter how they decide to play. And also the reason this argument keeps coming up is normally due to the fact that it's not usually the problem when one side wins and another side as 200-400 points. I consider that to be a well fought game. The issue lies in the fact that some games your team no matter how hard you or perhaps the rest of your team try, will get hammered and might not even get past the 100 point mark because your stuck in spawn by camping destro. In that case you can't help but feel angry at how one sided things go and then you leave the match with no scenario points and have essentially wasted 10-20 minutes. I'd say a better system would be to reward people for victory, but also reward them based on some arbitrary contribution value to the teams match. So those that were active the whole fight, captured the point, did a lot of healing etc should be rewarded with lets say 2 emblems continuing with the current match reward system. Now i'm not sure if that's possible but that would be an interesting thing to test.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
szejoza

Post#12 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Scottx125 wrote:The major problem isnt the fact that people group (though that does factor into it). Its the fact that the balance of classes sometimes is woefully in favour of one team. I remember a game in order with mostly WP. Going against Destruction with mostly ranged dps. As you can imagine we got slaughtered. There needs to be class balance. If one team has a lot of one class such as WP, the other team must have its mirror image, DoKs. And if there are no DoK's, get the closest alternative in matching numbers. And have the counter to WP at the very bottom of the match making list to only utilise them if there is literally no alternative. Ideally the match maker would take one team as a template and then apply that to the other team, if it can't find a match in 10 seconds, it then scrolls through the list of potentials until it can create one as balanced as possible.
as good as it sounds the server doesn't have the active population that queues for sc's, it would take ages to find a scenario with current pop and this solution
Spoiler:

Scottx125

Post#13 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Modified my comment before this came up, but the idea behind that was not to make a queue. If for example one team had 2 WP, 2 KOTBS and 2 BW. The opposite team would need the exact opposite. That is not what I propose. I proposed that an ideal mirror to that makeup should be looked for, if one cannot be found for lets say 2 BW, then it would go down through a list of closest matches. And if nothing at all turns up, THEN it just randomly joints people. There for if the players are there it creates a fair fight, if not then it throws everyone together to cry.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Scenario pops would just take even longer to pop. Matchmaking to the extent other games go to won't work with RoR's population.

Wasn't proposing giving the pugs 'scraps'. It isn't a punishment at all as you'd be getting the same amount of emblems you currently get as a pug.

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 pm

I think the losing team deserves at least an emblem as long as they don't AFK in the starting area just to make up for their time/attempts to entertain the enemy team.

footpatrol2

Post#16 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 pm

I don't think the losing team deserves anything if they didn't get any points. Play the objective. Have we all forgotten the horrid state that SC's were at near the end of AoR. With like half a SC just afking boting for free emblems. Is that something we want to see again?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Scottx125 wrote:
szejoza wrote:n 10 seconds, it then scrolls through the list of potentials until it can create one as balanced as possible.
as good as it sounds the server doesn't have the active population that queues for sc's, it would take ages to find a scenario with current pop and this solution
Modified my comment before this came up, but the idea behind that was not to make a queue. If for example one team had 2 WP, 2 KOTBS and 2 BW. The opposite team would need the exact opposite. That is not what I propose. I proposed that an ideal mirror to that makeup should be looked for, if one cannot be found for lets say 2 BW, then it would go down through a list of closest matches. And if nothing at all turns up, THEN it just randomly joints people. There for if the players are there it creates a fair fight, if not then it throws everyone together to cry.
It already works this way.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Scottx125

Post#18 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:56 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:I don't think the losing team deserves anything if they didn't get any points. Play the objective. Have we all forgotten the horrid state that SC's were at near the end of AoR. With like half a SC just afking boting for free emblems. Is that something we want to see again?
There are always ways around that. Reward people X amount for participation. Therefore if someone afk's, they wont get anything.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#19 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm

I wouldn't even mess with it. There really isn't a problem with how things are currently.

anarchypark

Post#20 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 am

pug can be look like premade.
in rare case, a tank,mdps,heal each solo players work together.
all 3 players know how to target, assist, kite and their role.
even rarer, rest of pug join that 3man's play, instead of running, leeching.
it's improvised premade.
this rare case actually occurs.
more often to destro. they have more melees. easy to find meat shields.

only GM can find x3 duo queue i think.
take SS, compare roster and report.

I took a lot of SS. so far not even same 4man showed up in a row 3 times.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS6, BW6, WP8, WH7, IB8, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm6, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)