Recent Topics

Ads

RD and CW broken?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: RD and CW broken?

Post#91 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:07 am

Niakahn wrote:I'd be absolutely fine with this change if sorc assist trains did not exist. As it currently stands, my melee WP is especially vulnerable to RDPS, despite stacking dd and disrupt. With no willpower to offset the int spell strikethrough, it's a dot heaven, really. But as I understand it, melee WPs are getting a revamp, so I'll be looking forward to those changes. Two weeks!
You can cleanse dots and other healers in your group, melee wp shouldn't take a healer slot in group, can help cleansing dots. The group usually should have a tank, who can guard you, when the enemy focus you.
You are not meant to survive solo against multiple enemies, who are in range to hit you. Aoe detaunt helps too. :)
Last edited by Sulorie on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Ads
kirraha

Post#92 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:07 am

Elgis wrote:Really? Without discussion? Without a vote? This is a very bad way for solution to the problem, guys.
And this situation with the patchnote? stupid excuse. you were just afraid of the reaction
Voting?

Niakahn

Post#93 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:08 am

kirraha wrote:This antnest is collapsing. Shall I poke it a bit more?

Try the changes before you run off into the horison claiming you wont play anymore. It will be interesting see how the fights will turn out now. And RIP all those who can't flee off into pve with RD. The hunt shall continue. ;)
Problem is, most people, including myself, can and have tried it both ways. CW just simply is an integral tool for some classes, especially when cleanse (on a 5 second cooldown) just simply won't cut it. Word of pain itself has a duration of 5 seconds, and is usually accompanied with various other curses. Especially on someone who has a slew of debuffs on them, without cw, it's literally impossible to counter.

Foltestik

Post#94 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 am

Niakahn wrote: my melee WP
melee WP ... is not class to balance around war ... sorry

Sulorie

Post#95 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 am

Niakahn wrote:

Try the changes before you run off into the horison claiming you wont play anymore. It will be interesting see how the fights will turn out now. And RIP all those who can't flee off into pve with RD. The hunt shall continue. ;)
Problem is, most people, including myself, can and have tried it both ways. CW just simply is an integral tool for some classes, especially when cleanse (on a 5 second cooldown) just simply won't cut it. Word of pain itself has a duration of 5 seconds, and is usually accompanied with various other curses. Especially on someone who has a slew of debuffs on them, without cw, it's literally impossible to counter.
CW can only be used once in 2min, but how often the enemy can repeat their rotation? Or do you become a backline healer until cooldown is finished?
Dying is no option.

Manatikik

Post#96 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:16 am

This thread has honestly made me understand the staff's whole view of apathy towards the player base because jesus... Change hasn't been out less than 24 hours and people are **** acting like the devs murdered their mothers... Please get a grip people.

I'm pumped to see how things go without RD; little bummed my SW won't have CW to save his ass anymore but gives me more reason to yell at me healers in discord to cleanse :D
<Montague><Capulet>

Niakahn

Post#97 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am

Sulorie wrote:
Niakahn wrote:I'd be absolutely fine with this change if sorc assist trains did not exist. As it currently stands, my melee WP is especially vulnerable to RDPS, despite stacking dd and disrupt. With no willpower to offset the int spell strikethrough, it's a dot heaven, really. But as I understand it, melee WPs are getting a revamp, so I'll be looking forward to those changes. Two weeks!
You can cleanse dots and other healers in your group, melee wp shouldn't take a healer slot in group, can help cleansing dots. The group usually should have a tank, who can guard you, when the enemy focus you.
You are not meant to survive solo against multiple enemies, who are in range to hit you. Aoe detaunt helps too. :)
Trust me, I do cleanse myself. The problem is, when those debuffs stack up, there's literally nothing you can do to prevent 1.5k+ dmg. I usually run with one other healer (2-2-2 usually), which is the only viable set up as the melee healer WP just simply doesn't provide enough dps to warrant taking a dps slot. Two cleanses every 5 seconds is not enough, considering just how quickly debuffs pile up in this game.
Sulorie wrote:CW can only be used once in 2min, but how often the enemy can repeat their rotation? Or do you become a backline healer until cooldown is finished?
It grants me about 20 seconds, actually. The removal of DoTs allows me to actually be able to cleanse it the second round of word of pain. They have a 10 second cooldown on it. That's usually enough time to allow us to pressure sorcs back.

But like I said, I'm willing to wait it out to see what the devs have in store for melee WPs. I hear there are some pretty juicy changes coming along. Only two more weeks.

At any rate, I'm sure if things don't move along as swimmingly, the devs will do something about it. Maybe a nerfed CW? :D.

kirraha

Post#98 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:29 am

I dont see dps wp having issues atm tbh. I see other classes struggle more but mostly its players playing solo in orvr hoping to compete with wb and 6man.

The few dps wp I see are in front swinging their hammer and are pretty hard to take down. I rly dont see a problem with not being able to cleanse all the dots you get. Or do you keep getting ganked by solo sorcs?

Ads
Arena

Post#99 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 am

Try the changes before you run off into the horison claiming you wont play anymore. It will be interesting see how the fights will turn out now.
I tell you how it will be:
try to kill engineer or kotbs on a bridge and end up falling and swim in pve because you can't avoid knockback;
try to save teammate by guarding him - you knocked back and your team is dead;
enter scenario against 4 tanks and move 100% of time in 40-60% snare, unable to catch any target you want;
entering Tor Anroc - totally f***ed;
try to kill enemy healer and fail, because you can't make more than few hits before he run away and you can't do nothing about it
can't catch any rdd;
try to enter slim keep doors - snared, stucked, f***ed;
WL pounce on me and i can't avoid knockdown - i f***ed;
More than one dd start to hit me - i knocked down and f***ed;
if i play in melee premade against rdd premade - f***ed from begining;
if i play by melee class - i f***ed;
try kill somebody except shield tank - i f***ed;
try this - i f***ed;
try that - i f***ed;
I f***ed and can't do nothing about it.
that how i feel myself without resolute defence. I just f***ed. Now i either play by rdd class, or i f***ed.

Resolute defence shouldn't be deleted without knockdowns, either delete both, or let both stay.
Last edited by Arena on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Druin
Former Staff

Post#100 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:41 am

Niakahn wrote:

Ever tried to detaunt, have a guard tank or break LoS?
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.