Recent Topics

Ads

General guide to PuGing success in Scenarios.

Let's talk about... everything else
lefze
Suspended

Re: General guide to PuGing success in Scenarios.

Post#21 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:56 am

Glad you included the part about CC, but it's actually more crucial than that, and could actually warrant it's own thread just to hammer it in.

Free immunities being handed out to healers and tanks are probably the biggest mistake pugs do. If the people carrying the scenario can't punt the tank guarding the dps killing you, or can't CC a healer during a burst because some random guy wanted to feel useful without actually doing anything, everyone is gonna suffer. Point is, CC is actually used for very specific purposes, if in even a little doubt, don't CC.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#22 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am

For engineers and Magus; Stop planting mines EVERYWHERE for no use whatsoever :S
Every time i see a mine, i ride straight at it so i can get 30 seconds of immunity. Its like free candy, only idiots plant them all over the place

dwar

Post#23 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 am

2 more..
- try to make your sc-mates lives as easy as you expect them to ease your own part
- wait with a resurrection some time and keep on healing(avoiding multiple res by all healers = no heal). Even if! the res is successful you raise 1 to 20%+debufff and caused the 4 other drop to 20% meanwhile too

Rum

Post#24 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm

Tesq wrote:And still miss the most important one

FiX the **** GROUPS IMMIDIATELY when you enter sc
Added group balance tip. Thanks Tesq.

Rum

Post#25 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Luuca wrote:Good Post, should be Sticky under NEW PLAYERS START HERE forum.

You forgot to add this.

When PuGing a Scenario in RoR, it's important not to get your hopes up. The reality is this; An organized 6-man coming into a scenario for the opposing side can and usually will win the scenario for their side - even if they come n when you have a 250-300 point lead.

This game is about the teamwork and synergy of the classes. Play in the moment, play to win, and use every class ability you have that helps or synergizes with the group.
Added as Unrealistic Expectations (2.7). Thanks Luuca.

Rum

Post#26 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

dwar wrote:.. hope they haven't been mentioned yet
- (get to) know your enemy.. players and classes/skills
- observe and hold back(a.e. your healers might have trouble or just aint following - > get back and help em)
- don't get (too) greedy
- use your detaunt or ae taunt!
Added "Know your Enemy, exploit his/her weaknesses" tip. The rest is covered by 1.5, 1.6 and 2.3.

Thanks Dwar!

Rum

Post#27 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:40 pm

dwar wrote:2 more..
- try to make your sc-mates lives as easy as you expect them to ease your own part
- wait with a resurrection some time and keep on healing(avoiding multiple res by all healers = no heal). Even if! the res is successful you raise 1 to 20%+debufff and caused the 4 other drop to 20% meanwhile too
I added "Overlap resurrection" as a DO NOT.

Thank you dwar!

GhostNappa

Post#28 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am

Kurama wrote:It's useless when 90% of players don't read the forums or the in-game chat.
We're supposed to read /sc? I turned it off in 2010 and haven't looked back.

Seriously though, people turn that **** off because it very rarely ever contains anything useful. It's just drunks arguing about who's mother is a bigger slag.

Ads