Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher doesn't work

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ironclad95

Re: Launcher doesn't work

Post#21 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:06 pm

nibbles wrote:move the war folder out from Program Files. make a dir on C:\Warhammer and move the folder into there. its windows x UAC thats the problem, dont keep it within any of windows folders documents/etc.
Now this came whne i try to log in ...
Data.myp:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Warhammer\data.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData(Byte[] data)

Ads
nibbles

Post#22 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm

Right Click the C:\Warhammer folder -> Properties: UnTick ReadOnly within Attribute section.
Click OK and again OK if asked to perform on all files folders.
Once that is done, Right click onto the RoRLuancher.exe and click Run As Administrator in the context menu.

ironclad95

Post#23 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm

nibbles wrote:Right Click the C:\Warhammer folder -> Properties: UnTick ReadOnly within Attribute section.
Click OK and again OK if asked to perform on all files folders.
Once that is done, Right click onto the RoRLuancher.exe and click Run As Administrator in the context menu.
I cant belive this now it says that my username/pass i incorrect, i changed it but still the same problem.

nibbles

Post#24 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm

use the u/p that you use for forum, and if your pw contains special chars '!"£' etc. remove them from within here forum change p/w.

crowarr

Post#25 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm

nibbles wrote:use the u/p that you use for forum, and if your pw contains special chars '!"£' etc. remove them from within here forum change p/w.
I made new acc. Thanks now everything works.

Hinji

Post#26 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Little off-topic but I found that MSI afterburner stops the launcher from starting.