Recent Topics

Ads

Faction balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
Scottx125

Re: Faction balance.

Post#81 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:38 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:04 am Pop balance fluctuates.
Create/join a group.
Communicate via voice applications.
Alter tactics and movement based on current situation.
Enjoy the perks of being the underdog.
The extra AAO is nice, but only up to a point. After you start getting into the realms of 100% AAO its pro's are outweighed by the sheer weight of numbers the enemy team has. At that point most of my guild don't want to play anymore because we can't effectively do anything against such numbers.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
martholomew

Post#82 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm

What is AAO? Sorry for my ignorance.
Magus 40/78

orfeask

Post#83 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:48 pm

martholomew wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 pm What is AAO? Sorry for my ignorance.
Against All Odds
Bonus rr , xp and influence points to the atm underdog faction in the rvr lakes

Sulorie

Post#84 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:38 pm The extra AAO is nice, but only up to a point. After you start getting into the realms of 100% AAO its pro's are outweighed by the sheer weight of numbers the enemy team has. At that point most of my guild don't want to play anymore because we can't effectively do anything against such numbers.
You can even do something with 400% aao. You should be able to adapt and change your goals for a zone. Ambush the enemy and don't play to hold flags or defend keep. A smaller force is always more mobile than a zerg.
Dying is no option.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#85 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm A smaller force is always more mobile than a zerg.
That's factually wrong because every player has the exact same base run speed and mounts have the same speeds between factions.

In fact, its more likely for a giant zerg to be FASTER than a smaller force because even with AAO, they get more renown, more money, and more XP, and thus are more likely to have the expensive faster mounts.

ToXoS

Post#86 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Maybe that's the solution to prevent people from zerging like crazy.
Add a speed debuff that varies on the numbers of players around you.
That way, people will rather not zerg, to go to an attacked BO at normal speed for example, or just to not be slowed down in general.

Sulorie

Post#87 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm A smaller force is always more mobile than a zerg.
That's factually wrong because every player has the exact same base run speed and mounts have the same speeds between factions.

In fact, its more likely for a giant zerg to be FASTER than a smaller force because even with AAO, they get more renown, more money, and more XP, and thus are more likely to have the expensive faster mounts.
The smaller force earns as much rp as a zonelock in a few kills due to high aao.

Furthermore I didn't say faster in speed, I wrote "more mobile". Any warband, unless it is a fully coordinated and voiced premade warband, reacts much slower to commands than 1-2 groups in voice chat.
Against open pug warbands you have plenty room to make kills. You will earn more rewards, because you don't share with 23 others and you have aao on top of it.
Dying is no option.

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Mystry wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

It's about ping between brain and hands that is getting multiplied by amount of people.
Image Image

Ads
Yardy

Post#89 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:16 pm destro had aao for 5 months, order has aao for 2 weeks and creating topics already

My thought aswell... first to cry is always the goodies (not the show i might add)
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Azerreth

Post#90 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Order was pretty dominate for a while there, so I guess it's jusst one of those "well everyone went and got onto destro ults." Aint that big of a deal, Aao makes any death you get hella rewarding when you get a kill.