Recent Topics

Ads

Renown rewards for killing sub level 40 players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Flavorburst

Renown rewards for killing sub level 40 players

Post#1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Currently you get about 20 renown for killing a sub-40 character solo.

A bolstered lowbie is just as credible of a threat as anyone else (sometimes more so). As such, the renown rewarded for their deaths should reflect this.

I am not proposing that low levels should be as worth as much as a level 40 at equal rr, nor do I think that they should receive any less renown for killing a level 40, however with a very strong bolstering system in place, the amount of renown they are worth should be reviewed.

Small edit: I am also not convinced that renown boosting potions increase the amount of renown you get from them, so I feel like this 20 value is just hardcapped.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Renown rewards for killing sub level 40 players

Post#2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Though there is merit, this doesn't pertain to class balance, I.e. what Dan and I tackle, and feels like it should belong more in general discussion/feedback areas of the forums.

Moving to feedback.

(If a higher authority deems this the wrong thing to do, feel free to remove).

Acidic

Post#3 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Well as bolster is designed to make players of lower level competitive this should be reflected in the rr result from killing them.so bolstered player killing should be equivalent to killing a 40 I would have thought

dansari

Post#4 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I tend to agree here - but wondering if it can be tied to the bolstered player's efficiency... some rank 17s get obliterated; others know how the bolster works and are very strong. Would be better to be able to reward hard kills but not easy ones.
<Salt Factory>

Acidic

Post#5 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:48 pm

dansari wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm I tend to agree here - but wondering if it can be tied to the bolstered player's efficiency... some rank 17s get obliterated; others know how the bolster works and are very strong. Would be better to be able to reward hard kills but not easy ones.
Would not think so, some level 40 melt like ice cream also

dansari

Post#6 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Acidic wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:48 pm
dansari wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm I tend to agree here - but wondering if it can be tied to the bolstered player's efficiency... some rank 17s get obliterated; others know how the bolster works and are very strong. Would be better to be able to reward hard kills but not easy ones.
Would not think so, some level 40 melt like ice cream also
Hmm fair. Don't think bolstered players should give as much as a 40 though; should certainly be more than it is now.
<Salt Factory>

Telperien

Post#7 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Besides killblow and 20 rp u can get contribution and roll on medals, so 20 rp looks fair for me. If devs would increase it lowbies werent only lowbies anymore - they would become easy targets for free rps. Its not science that they are easy to kill for most of 40s. Bolster at least let them get a chance to get nice reward if played well regardless gear and lvl they have.
If u see low rp income on killing sub 40s, go kill 40s. Problem solved.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Luuca

Post#8 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

I would propose that Renown Rewards for defeating Bolstered Players be changed to a sliding scale based upon several factors.

Career Rank | Renown Reward
--------------------------------------------
T2 | 20 renown
T3 | 25 renown
T4 CR31-37 | 30 renown
T4 CR38-39 | 35 renown

There are several factors that limit the effectiveness of bolstered players in T4 Combined and thus make them easier to defeat. These factors include, but are not limited to the following;

1. Class Skills - Bolstered players do not have all of the class skills and tools at their disposal like a CR40 would. The best example I can give is from personal experience on my sub-40 WH. Sub-CR40, the WH lacks the self punt necessary as an escape tool to disengage from a fight and survive. As such, limited class skills make these bolstered players easier to defeat.

2. Gear Gain Gap - Sub CR38 Bolstered players do not have access to the end-game gear sets and set bonuses CR40 players have, not the access to mix sets for BiS Class gearing. As such, even with bolster, they are easier to defeat.

3. Time In-Game on Class - The efficiency and effectiveness of any play on any class normally comes from familiarity with the class and how it interacts with enemies on the field of battle. Very few players and be handed a class they have never played, and be effective with it against a max CR player with ample experience and time in-class in the game. Even with Bolster, not knowing your class by muscle memory will make you easier to defeat.

4. Potions and Liniment Gap - Up until CR38, Bolstered players suffer from the lack of availability of end-game level potions and liniments, reducing their "liquid buffer" from damage and/or their necessary stat increases. This lack of endgame liquid assistance makes them easier to defeat sub CR38.

As you can see, my proposed sliding scale of renown rewards takes into account the challenges I have listed here, and increases the Renown Rewards as these challenges diminish with the introduction of more class skills, better gear options, more time spent in-game and on-class, and finally with the introduction of endgame potions and liniments.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

i can say that 20 renown point are too few; i could get 500-ish but 20 are very too few XD

i think it should just get take a min for every kill you must recive (which of course get divide by all kill partecipants) but 20 rp is really to few; a flag pay more for x time spent on hit than 30 sec of fight with a sub rank 31 bolstered player.

Bozzax

Post#10 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Why? You killl somone that typically is a free kill?

Risk ... reward???
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7