Recent Topics

Ads

Tzeentch's Firestorm

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
catholicism198

Re: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Post#51 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 pm

chazwozza wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:49 pm Some of us built our char around this particular skill and now its gone make playing pretty pointless.
It was fun but very situational
Running about in a WB casting crap dots that can be cleaned is just pants and no real fun as you don't really feel that you have achieved anything
Yes, the old way was so much better.
People say it was necessary because it didn't make sense to have an ae ability in Havoc, but other classes have the same setup as well.

Changing has always seemed to have a bit of an identity crisis, but its single target abilities helped round out the class and provided them a way to offer single target support.
If they're trying to make it an AE mastery, then they might as well convert Seed of Chaos, Warping Blast, and Rend Winds into an AE one too.
Changing also received an indirect nerf recently with the addition of another AE cleansing class- now both AMs and WPs can both cleanse their whole group of the Magus' hexes- making it even more useless.

*Only DoKs can group cleanse an Engineer's DoTs.

Ads
chazwozza

Post#52 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:14 pm

Wouldn't be so bad that if in open WB play i didn't get stunned by nearly every order class simple fact is in open field get stunned = dead and poxy dots wont stop it at least with my 1 dimensional firestorm build i could have fun in siege situations now its gone im just fodder in open field and utterly useless in sieges

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Spamming firestorm is an affront to those players who utilise the entire kit of the Magus, and I am happy that such a playstyle, I.e legit just spamming one ability in chokepoint to get kills, isn't possible right now.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#54 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:24 am

Would like it much more if the Dots finally got a buff, they got on Live a **** 50% dmg nerf.... .
The debuffs on the Dots are no point for beeing so weak that Liferegen can make them useless.
Its good that Magus finally deals dmg and is **** dangerous if right played but its strange to specc on dots for Mist and Firestorm.

Renork

Post#55 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:02 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 pm
chazwozza wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:49 pm Some of us built our char around this particular skill and now its gone make playing pretty pointless.
It was fun but very situational
Running about in a WB casting crap dots that can be cleaned is just pants and no real fun as you don't really feel that you have achieved anything
Yes, the old way was so much better.
People say it was necessary because it didn't make sense to have an ae ability in Havoc, but other classes have the same setup as well.

Changing has always seemed to have a bit of an identity crisis, but its single target abilities helped round out the class and provided them a way to offer single target support.
If they're trying to make it an AE mastery, then they might as well convert Seed of Chaos, Warping Blast, and Rend Winds into an AE one too.
Changing also received an indirect nerf recently with the addition of another AE cleansing class- now both AMs and WPs can both cleanse their whole group of the Magus' hexes- making it even more useless.

*Only DoKs can group cleanse an Engineer's DoTs.
An Aoe RW doesn't sound so bad if you lower the damage some and add an utility component to it actually. Seed of chaos is just garbage, even if you make it aoe. Dot builds are always bad in almost every game anyways.

chazwozza

Post#56 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm Spamming firestorm is an affront to those players who utilise the entire kit of the Magus, and I am happy that such a playstyle, I.e legit just spamming one ability in chokepoint to get kills, isn't possible right now.
Don't be under the assumption that i haven't played other styles of magus just because i like one particular build over another

peterthepan3

Post#57 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm

chazwozza wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:42 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm Spamming firestorm is an affront to those players who utilise the entire kit of the Magus, and I am happy that such a playstyle, I.e legit just spamming one ability in chokepoint to get kills, isn't possible right now.
Don't be under the assumption that i haven't played other styles of magus just because i like one particular build over another
That wasn't my intent, but when you are defending Firestorm spam - equating that to an actual playstyle that ought to be preserved - while talking about feeling useless now ('fodder') as a result of it, I have to question whether or not you really have tried and tested the Magus because: a) the class is insanely useful in siege environments - even without spammable Firestorm; b) you can achieve great success as part of a roaming 6-man on the Magus.

Tesq

Post#58 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm

rend wind spam aoe is senseless, there is alredy daemonic lash ......

change is NOT, an aoe mastery, is a dot mastery used to bury/hide "who" gonahave to get in the face the good stuff

good stuff which mid mastery lack, dots are not the problems, ap cost aside, it's what should came after it and lack of cc.
So no CC in whole mastery such heal debuff and RKd, SILENCE (bw have it all for exemple..) or firestorm be meh for whatever; rend wind spam is just better...

Ads
Renork

Post#59 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm rend wind spam aoe is senseless, there is alredy daemonic lash ......

change is NOT, an aoe mastery, is a dot mastery used to bury/hide "who" gonahave to get in the face the good stuff

good stuff which mid mastery lack, dots are not the problems, ap cost aside, it's what should came after it and lack of cc.
So no CC in whole mastery such heal debuff and RKd, SILENCE (bw have it all for exemple..) or firestorm be meh for whatever; rend wind spam is just better...
I highly doubt the class is going to get a heal debuff, there are several classes that have access to this and we don't need another with it. You have mist, now firestorm, aoe dots x2 (pand and glean), there is a clear distinction and difference between an AOE and a pbaoe (daemon), so you can't say LOLLASH = FIRESTORM/any other aoe. We also don't need a silence, the last thing this game needs is more people throwing free immunities out there. You already have a pbaoe knockdown, so you don't need a ranged knockdown either.

Plus, it's kind of hard to take someone serious when a new patch is introduced and that said person immediately theorycrafts "I KNOW WHAT U GUYS DOING FIRESTORM + MIST + RIFT = SILLYWIPEWBS!!". Again, you have a wild imagination but remember that imagination does not always = reality.

Tesq

Post#60 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Spoiler:
Renork wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm rend wind spam aoe is senseless, there is alredy daemonic lash ......

I highly doubt the class is going to get a heal debuff, there are several classes that have access to this and we don't need another with it. You have mist, now firestorm, aoe dots x2 (pand and glean), there is a clear distinction and difference between an AOE and a pbaoe (daemon), so you can't say LOLLASH = FIRESTORM/any other aoe. We also don't need a silence, the last thing this game needs is more people throwing free immunities out there. You already have a pbaoe knockdown, so you don't need a ranged knockdown either.

Plus, it's kind of hard to take someone serious when a new patch is introduced and that said person immediately theorycrafts "I KNOW WHAT U GUYS DOING FIRESTORM + MIST + RIFT = SILLYWIPEWBS!!". Again, you have a wild imagination but remember that imagination does not always = reality.
it's more hard take seriusly someone that cannot read what other ppl write and also wrote some posts above "magus change always gona be crap everyone know" and dont get the distintion between a close range ,+ need to sacrefice pet, KD and a st ranged kd...

/thread.

go away...