We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5511
Contact:

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#21 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Zealote wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 pm
@Wargrim

I personally believe that you, primarily through your attitude towards and treatment of players, hold almost as much responsibility as Torque for the immense damage that's been done to RoR's community and reputation.

Your call for 'peace' comes across as completely disingenuous, as does your rapid and rather drastic change in tone and approach upon Aza's recent return.

And I'd like to point out that I never once, to my knowledge, received any warnings or sanctions on my account while active on the server; my deleting my chars and stopping playing (and once again after a brief return) was in large part due to the two of you, even though I was never negatively affected personally. It seemed quite clear to me (and I imagine to many others—it wasn't that subtle) a long time ago that staff-community relations could only deteriorate irreparably if two such arrogant, closed and inflexible individuals (at least in their roles in this project) were at the forefront.
My entire job is to damage the people that shouldn't be here. I'm expected to go through that. 99% of the time I have absolutely no regrets about the moderation and bans that I've handed out, or the manner that I've gone through them. It is exceedingly rare that I need to lift a ban appeal due to the process that my GM's follow and the evidence we collect. Of the 202,000-ish accounts active, we have 1493 GM reports open. Some of them duplicates or notes. That's not a bad margin.

If you don't like playing in a moderated space with active GM's, I can totally understand your position.

Since Aza came back and wanted to lift a bunch of bans over staff disrespect or general dissent, I was cool with that. We relaxed a bit after some discussions in lead, at least on the forums. I don't think things have gotten particularly better, and we've had to slap a few people since then, but it hasn't particularly gotten worse either.

The Q&A has been a big shift into "worse" territory. Now we have to deal with hilarious drama all over again, and the stamping of feet and demanding of heads, that we as a team had moved on from.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
User avatar
hulkhug
Posts: 72

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#22 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:45 pm

That was a lot of drama packed into 90 minutes. I am conflicted as this should not have been aired this way but I understood why Aza did this when wargrimnir said in chat that they were dealing with this. Considering that nothing changed and people kept leaving in the last year I can just assume that there is some kind of "office politics" in place here and Aza had no other way but to do it this way. And yeah, all that bullying evidence is just insane. I really doubt no one other than Aza knew about this....

I just wish all of this went a different (if it was possible of course which at this point I doubt), more mature way from both sides without so much public drama.

User avatar
Gracely
Posts: 85

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#23 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:49 pm

We could at least all sleep on this and hope cooler heads will prevail.

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#24 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 pm
katroulitsa wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:31 pm
Finally someone dared to speak publicly for what has been going on for months now and you people complain that he wasted 1h from the QnA. But ofc ch22 PQ is more important than treating the community with respect.
No hope whatsoever.

Leave Chapter 22 PQs out of this!
this.
Image

User avatar
Gravord
Posts: 195
Contact:

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#25 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Zealote wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 pm
@Wargrim

I personally believe that you, primarily through your attitude towards and treatment of players, hold almost as much responsibility as Torque for the immense damage that's been done to RoR's community and reputation.

Your call for 'peace' comes across as completely disingenuous, as does your rapid and rather drastic change in tone and approach upon Aza's recent return.

And I'd like to point out that I never once, to my knowledge, received any warnings or sanctions on my account while active on the server; my deleting my chars and stopping playing (and once again after a brief return) was in large part due to the two of you, even though I was never negatively affected personally. It seemed quite clear to me (and I imagine to many others—it wasn't that subtle) a long time ago that staff-community relations could only deteriorate irreparably if two such arrogant, closed and inflexible individuals (at least in their roles in this project) were at the forefront.
My entire job is to damage the people that shouldn't be here.
Which feels like in your opinion thats 99% of the community ;) Gotta admit you do that job flawlessly and server population sinks at impressive rate.

User avatar
Bowldancer
Posts: 151

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#26 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:53 pm

I had only positive interactions with Wargrimnir and never saw him acting unreasonably. He has all my respect.

Have to work in 5 hours so good night all.
Inhale Exhale.
Spoiler:
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (Giantslayer, 40/83)
40+: CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

User avatar
Caffeine
Legacy RR80
Posts: 538

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#27 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm
Would love to have it resolved peacefully, but the whole premise of the Q&A was lied about to the leadership, and they essentially setup an uninterrupted list of crimes then demanded Torque be removed.

I'm not sure what's peaceful about that. Really sad.
Do you know why Azarael doesn't have a dev tag on the forum any more?
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

User avatar
vianiznice
Posts: 177

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#28 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm
demanded Torque be removed.
Torque not around anymore?

Ads
User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5511
Contact:

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#29 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Gravord wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:52 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Zealote wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 pm
@Wargrim

I personally believe that you, primarily through your attitude towards and treatment of players, hold almost as much responsibility as Torque for the immense damage that's been done to RoR's community and reputation.

Your call for 'peace' comes across as completely disingenuous, as does your rapid and rather drastic change in tone and approach upon Aza's recent return.

And I'd like to point out that I never once, to my knowledge, received any warnings or sanctions on my account while active on the server; my deleting my chars and stopping playing (and once again after a brief return) was in large part due to the two of you, even though I was never negatively affected personally. It seemed quite clear to me (and I imagine to many others—it wasn't that subtle) a long time ago that staff-community relations could only deteriorate irreparably if two such arrogant, closed and inflexible individuals (at least in their roles in this project) were at the forefront.
My entire job is to damage the people that shouldn't be here.
Which feels like in your opinion thats 99% of the community ;) Gotta admit you do that job flawlessly and server population sinks at impressive rate.
The data would suggest the opposite extreme. The vast majority of players on the server are untouched. If you want to cause problems, I'm happy to be the end result.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5511
Contact:

Re: We are now live with the Developer Q'n'A #1 2018!

Post#30 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm

vianiznice wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 pm
demanded Torque be removed.
Torque not around anymore?
Torque had nothing to do with the shenanigans today, and probably all for the best.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests