Recent Topics

Ads

Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Post#51 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm

nobody is confusing 2h = dps.
some of you want to believe that decision was made from it.
i don't think so.

in my understanding, it was made to seperate 2h and snb.
pushing 2h to less archetype while snb stays full archetype.
cuz 2h tanks dominate small scale tank spots.
maybe 2h defensive tanks were too good.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
anarchypark

Post#52 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am
anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 am
what's important:
stand still, draw line, set rally point, push through, block enemy charge.
to do that, you need to survive.
survivability is most important to be tank.
Now tell me in what situations this is required and you might notice, that this was no appropriate argument.

i don't understand your question. i do that all the time. it required all the time.
it's tank line.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tankbeardz

Post#53 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm

This whole notion that you can't rvr with 2h tanks is bullshit. You most certainly can -- you just have to pick your fights wisely.

peterthepan3

Post#54 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:00 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm nobody is confusing 2h = dps.
i don't think so.

in my understanding, it was made to seperate 2h and snb.
2h and SNB are separated quite well as it is: SNB brings Hold the Line, can block incoming damage, has access to channels that increase their block (CHM/NSP), abilities that work on block (5-second KD - best ingame), tactics that work on block (morale pumps), while 2H provides higher damage, different forms of utility (Crimson Death, AoE Wounds Debuff, 2H Kd) - but loses out on defenses and Hold the Line.

2h tanks only 'dominate' smallscale because they have access to a 10-second punt (**this is huge**), and because you can normally get away with giving up the extra defenses & Hold the Line in smallscale (6v6-12v12) if you are running in a tight group (which isn't an issue, as the more enemies you bring into the mix, the more appealing SNB becomes).

I don't think 2h defensive tanks were too good: from the PoV of a BG/IB/SM, if you spec'd defensively, then you would be doing hardly any more damage than a SNB tank; you'd be bringing the 2h utility that you needed, but with low levels of strength you would be more prone having said utility blocked/parried; you'd still lose access to block and Hold the Line, so even as a 2h deftard you would never be as defensive as a SNB.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luth

Post#55 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm nobody is confusing 2h = dps.
i don't think so.

Maybe you should check the facts first and apply logic before accusing others that their arguments are based on belief.

For the same reason, I don't see why a DPS tank would have 100% access to his basic tool, and as for for the heal divide guard /2 seems to be fair.
viewtopic.php?p=350616#p350616

It was stated that it was done because of the DPS potential of tanks and the change only affects tanks who equip a twohanded weapon.
Spoiler:

wachlarz

Post#56 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:41 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:28 pm
Only WP can aoe cleanse sorc so that makes it 1 cleanse every 5 secs (unless you got 2 wps in group, but this has been so even on live)
And so what? Why point out cleanses and sorcs when we are talking about **** tanks?
Because tank play affect other classes. And some1 told that htl is bulshiet. If cleans is my bad but still 15% more dis/dodge is a lot.
So if tanks lost challenge, taunt, guard, root and other tank archetype abilities, but not HTL would you still consider them tanks?
U prowoke devs to radical changes ? From my point of view: Meaby just meaby some1 noticed that some premade that specialize in water swiming close to raikwatch - 2h tanks tank a WB one more time to much.

Ceithin

Post#57 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Because tank play affect other classes. And some1 told that htl is bulshiet. If cleans is my bad but still 15% more dis/dodge is a lot.
So if tanks lost challenge, taunt, guard, root and other tank archetype abilities, but not HTL would you still consider them tanks?
U prowoke devs to radical changes ? From my point of view: Meaby just meaby some1 noticed that some premade that specialize in water swiming close to raikwatch - 2h tanks tank a WB one more time to much.
In this case, they have to fix water instead of breaking guard

Elemint

Post#58 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm U prowoke devs to radical changes ? From my point of view: Meaby just meaby some1 noticed that some premade that specialize in water swiming close to raikwatch - 2h tanks tank a WB one more time to much.
Sounds like a l2p issue

Ads
Jabba

Post#59 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:15 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm

And now they've been forced into snb, they'll tank that warband with even more ease.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Jabba

Post#60 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 pm
snb dominate rvr/large scale tank spots
maybe snb tanks were too good?

See how shallow and nonsensical your argument is?
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge