About DD shamans

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tom
Posts: 59

Re: About DD shamans

Post#11 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 pm

mpa3b wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:24 pm
I have been playing Warhammer for a very long time, during this time there have been many good ideas for changing the balance, but it hasn’t been without bad ones (the one who does nothing is not mistaken)
as long as I play, destruction players complain about the balance)
Now I, as a player playing more for order, would like to discuss it from the other side.
So SHAMAN
the shaman can at the sametime have on 40rr + 65% damage (50% AM), + 25% to healing (+ 65% when hp is below 25% (also AM), + 240 toughness (0 AM), + 100 intelligence (0 AM) + 30% speed (0 AM)
Singly, I wanted to talk about 30% of the speed (many players of destruction claim that this tactic is not UP) Each player faced a situation when, because of to this tactic, shamans and SH successfully maintained their distance without effort and with high probability I can say that this tactic is 100% shamans and 100% RDD SH
In fact, any Tank and MDD order has no possibility to set against this tactic, besides there is no analogue of this on the side of order.
Furious healing, very high outgoing damage, inability to catch up with this class in miles, 25% to healing and damage for just one point of Mork or Gork slide, and detaunt not interrupted by DOTs IMHO makes this class too much UP.
Maybe I misunderstand what you say about Run Away? Are you suggesting 100% of DD shamans use it? Well, my shaman is mainly roaming as DD, and Im not using Run Away, at all. For me, it is far too easily countered as already mentioned, by stagger, stun, kd, roots, snares or various flavors, and on top of it pounce and charge, many of those appliable from range, so using up a tactic slot in that environment makes it a very costly choice. If we had Resolute Defense, I would have some sympathy - but we don't.
And if I play as healer... I'm not going to run away from the party I am healing anyway! AMs immunity to stuns and kds with Golden Aura by popping my protective bubble, now that would be nice! A case of grass is always greener....? You miss the one area where Shammy is OP, it is GREEN! :D

Ads
Jabba
Posts: 56

Re: About DD shamans

Post#12 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:06 pm

mpa3b wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
Ok,I'll teach you: use next tactic-1.RunAway 2.Divine Fury 3.Ain`t do Yet 4.Nuthin`But Da Waagh and 1 point Waagh of Mork.
You have extra heal,extra dmg and extra speed.
I can 100% guarantee that if you actually run those tactics yourself, noone has ever even remotely considered your shaman op

User avatar
Udachi
Posts: 18

Re: About DD shamans

Post#13 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:32 pm
mpa3b wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
peterthepan3 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm
Why are you chatting ****? A DPS Shaman can not put out 'furious healing' as they will be taking 2 tactics that incur negatives to healing output. How often do you see DPS Shamans keeping people alive under pressure? (hint:they don't)
Ok,I'll teach you: use next tactic-1.RunAway 2.Divine Fury 3.Ain`t do Yet 4.Nuthin`But Da Waagh and 1 point Waagh of Mork.
You have extra heal,extra dmg and extra speed.
peterthepan3 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm
You have a Ranged KD in the SW, Ranged KD from the BW, Pounce from WL, Shadowstep from ASW, Stagger from the RP....I mean the options are there.
and after all these great abilities the shaman escape off at an increased speed ))
Only thing you've taught me is what tactics bad DPS Shamans use; 40% more healing under 25%, when you are already using Divine Favor and Touch of Gork, is just herp derp.

Also, DPS Shaman is viable for smallscale, so I would ignore anyone who suggests otherwise.
This.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

mpa3b
Posts: 11

Re: About DD shamans

Post#14 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Jabba wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:06 pm
mpa3b wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
Ok,I'll teach you: use next tactic-1.RunAway 2.Divine Fury 3.Ain`t do Yet 4.Nuthin`But Da Waagh and 1 point Waagh of Mork.
You have extra heal,extra dmg and extra speed.
I can 100% guarantee that if you actually run those tactics yourself, noone has ever even remotely considered your shaman op
if Run Away tactic is so useless, why not remove it from the game and close the discussion with it :lol:

chokeanutsman
Posts: 77

Re: About DD shamans

Post#15 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm

^Because they can remove it and you will still die to DPS Shamans regardless. Unless you're an SW, WL, WH who knows how to knockdown combo (or finally learned how to). These calls for nerfs on Shaman is VERY uncalled for tbh, but if you want to nerf run speed buff, I'm fine with it but I'm sure you will still die to DPS Shamans because you have trouble doing knockdown > burst.

DPS Shaman is not even that good, even in 6 mans because it takes 1 disrupt to mess your combo up. May as well be a DPS DoK in a 6v6 because AoE healing reduction and it's actually insane for that specific instance (Back attacks with melee = can't parry, not sure about blocks), or a Healing Reduction AoE Zealot in RvR (and THEN switch to full healer when it counts).

Taking a target 1 by 1 isn't really good in 6v6 (Specially when it takes 1 disrupt to make your burst have down time) when DoK can already do something similar to a robe class and do an AoE anti-heal for a team as well.

But hey at least DPS Shaman levels faster than DoK and Zealot so w/e, they have to be played healers ultimately to be effective at large scale and having high RR on a healer does help.

Sulorie
Posts: 4018

Re: About DD shamans

Post#16 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:53 pm

chokeanutsman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm
^Because they can remove it and you will still die to DPS Shamans regardless. Unless you're an SW, WL, WH who knows how to knockdown combo (or finally learned how to). These calls for nerfs on Shaman is VERY uncalled for tbh, but if you want to nerf run speed buff, I'm fine with it but I'm sure you will still die to DPS Shamans because you have trouble doing knockdown > burst.

DPS Shaman is not even that good, even in 6 mans because it takes 1 disrupt to mess your combo up. May as well be a DPS DoK in a 6v6 because AoE healing reduction and it's actually insane for that specific instance (Back attacks with melee = can't parry, not sure about blocks), or a Healing Reduction AoE Zealot in RvR (and THEN switch to full healer when it counts).

Taking a target 1 by 1 isn't really good in 6v6 (Specially when it takes 1 disrupt to make your burst have down time) when DoK can already do something similar to a robe class and do an AoE anti-heal for a team as well.

But hey at least DPS Shaman levels faster than DoK and Zealot so w/e, they have to be played healers ultimately to be effective at large scale and having high RR on a healer does help.
Who is your dps shaman?
Dying is no option.

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: About DD shamans

Post#17 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 pm

chokeanutsman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm
^Because they can remove it and you will still die to DPS Shamans regardless. Unless you're an SW, WL, WH who knows how to knockdown combo (or finally learned how to). These calls for nerfs on Shaman is VERY uncalled for tbh, but if you want to nerf run speed buff, I'm fine with it but I'm sure you will still die to DPS Shamans because you have trouble doing knockdown > burst.

DPS Shaman is not even that good, even in 6 mans because it takes 1 disrupt to mess your combo up. May as well be a DPS DoK in a 6v6 because AoE healing reduction and it's actually insane for that specific instance (Back attacks with melee = can't parry, not sure about blocks), or a Healing Reduction AoE Zealot in RvR (and THEN switch to full healer when it counts).

Taking a target 1 by 1 isn't really good in 6v6 (Specially when it takes 1 disrupt to make your burst have down time) when DoK can already do something similar to a robe class and do an AoE anti-heal for a team as well.

But hey at least DPS Shaman levels faster than DoK and Zealot so w/e, they have to be played healers ultimately to be effective at large scale and having high RR on a healer does help.
One disrupt that will rarely occur if you have a semblance of decent Intelligence, and taking a target down 1 by 1 is exactly what you do in a 6v6...

I mean, LoB dominated one of the 6v6 tournaments with a DPS Shaman, showcasing how potent the damage was. It has had some nerfs since then, but the damage potential is still very, very high, and I don't doubt that they would be able to make a complete mockery of most of the Order teams once again if they wanted to.
Image

chokeanutsman
Posts: 77

Re: About DD shamans

Post#18 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm

^he had good RNG, you can still get disrupt spammed even with 1000 int (mixed sets). But if you don't get disrupt spammed, then Gork Sez Stop + healing reduction + divine fury + faster Bunch o Waagh is brutal yeah.

DPS DoK is probably stronger overall if played right in 6v6. They will take a little bit longer to kill tanks (actually maybe around the same time) but catching a robe class = your team is healthy if you do pick your defensive targets wisely.

@Sulorie doesn't matter. I rerolled Magus, can't stand playing healers/dps healers anymore.

Ads
User avatar
footpatrol2
Posts: 1063

Re: About DD shamans

Post#19 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 am

The power of dps shaman is MOAR dps shaman. Limping in with a single dps shaman is meh. Lots of dps shaman + ere we go again tactic is tits. When puddle was 5 point dps shaman was in a better spot imo.

Sulorie
Posts: 4018

Re: About DD shamans

Post#20 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:22 am

footpatrol2 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 am
When puddle was 5 point dps shaman was in a better spot imo.
Oh, it was. Speccing nowadays almost like a healer only to get some kiting tool is nuts.
Dying is no option.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests