Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aethilmar

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#81 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:50 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm
chokeanutsman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Ok make get to the choppa defendable but delete KOBS morale drain or get rid of that 15% group heal tactic or nerf rampage slayer.

Destro NEEDS choppa to be strong right now when order has things that can stop it.
I am curious what is the thing that stops it?
Anything that stops/interrupts channels
Interesting. Never noticed it. En masse it doesn't seem to matter b/c someone gets yanked to their death before you could counter it anyway and with 3-4 choppas in a WB you just get the next Choppa to do it. Small scale it seems to be used to pull people off of targets (e.g. protect the healer) so you are already pulled off so interrupting doesn' t matter. And in 1v1 is the same deal although as a S&B tank I'm more than happy if a Choppa pulls me onto him. :)

Ads
Starke

Post#82 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Please stop referencing the SW unless you actually know what they do and their limitations. They require rr70 to have their full toolkit. How many actual asw's have you fought? (yes, I said assault sw, because non-melee spec sw's don't have the psuedo pounce that doesn't work quite right....) That said, aws are very strong small scale.

Anyway, how many people in this thread actually play choppa's? I'm curious as to what actual choppa players think and so far I've only seen a couple respond here.

It's mostly, order bias! destro bias!

Useless posts.

I have found from my relatively limited experience playing destro, that something that seems op to me on order, might mostly be a lack of understanding how the mechanics work or the limitations of it. I know what I think about the choppa pull and that's that it's garbage and at the very least needs to be defend able. Otherwise entire frontline's die in the air.

However, not having actually used it.... Dunno, I know I hate it, and it seems broken, but that's only from being on the receiving end.

What I would like best would be people who have high rr choppas AND play order enough to give actual, useful insight into how to change the skill, or defend against the skill consistently enough that it doesn't feel broken.

(last note, I mostly play in organized wb's, so I can't speak to what it looks like in small scale/sc)
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Tesq

Post#83 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:36 am

Idk how gtdc was even set to be undefeatable....since it have a target cap of 9 it only require to it 1/9 ppl each time to pull someone...

Definetly that is off , it is for rampage it is aswell for anyother skill.

oaliaen

Post#84 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 am

i repeat...giv me rampage instead of gtdc pls.

TenTonHammer

Post#85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 am

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 am i repeat...giv me rampage instead of gtdc pls.
Where? 5 points in savage or 13 in wrecka?

oaliaen

Post#86 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:29 am

Anywhere !!!!

Fey

Post#87 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:00 am

If I can reliably interrupt Rez like a boss on my various tanks, you can reliably taunt interrupt gttc. It's an incredibly obvious spell cast, much more so than Rez for example. Such an easy an widespread counter to this ability. L2p
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Tesq

Post#88 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 am i repeat...giv me rampage instead of gtdc pls.
Gtdc just replace id, of any swap if it is for rampage then choppa would still be sub par due ....keep on lol chopping.... XD

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#89 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:00 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm I'd say, leave it, as it was on life...

If it aint broken, don't fix it.

Lately i feel like we are even more going into kind of mirroring some classes.
I can bring you some examples (dont blame me for that but i feel like destro got more love here :lol: )

1. Witchelf got 50% Autoattack, same as WH already has... what does WH got from witch?
2. SH get pounce... WL get nerfed to the groud, why not give him movement speed tactic or autodentaunt
:lol:.... yep here i'm kidding but you get my point don't you?
3. Crit tactic Kotbs/SW got nerfed... any destro party tactics too?

I mean the SH and SW got a huge charge, and a so called blink... that is awesome! it is new, it isnt mirrored, just cool.

But back to the topic... Just don't give choppa something huge like ID, cuz with choppa AA buff for party, that gonna hurt.. :P
I’ll give you the WE one but it was “compensation” for a nerf to one of WEs major dps tactics the crit chance per bloodlust one iirc

So yeah WL got nerfed to the ground because torq couldn’t balance for **** and guardian WL was utterly pants on the head retarded broken even now WL is still messed up because of the changes he made to pet stat scaling

Destro party tactics? Do you not remember how they massacred my boy 2H chosen? Removing crippling strikes for no reason and in turn killing all the viability of the spec while “compensating” us with discount runefang yet 2H chosen still outputs less dps than 2H BO or BG and rending blade which has no use now that it’s no longer ment to spread CS is still only 25 feet

What does group AA haste have to do with ID? You know the reason ID was so deadly was because it could do AoE and slayers could pop rampage to ignore block parry chances to mitigate damage
Hehe :) i'll give you the choosen one, the nerf on that tactic is truly a shame... It is only usefull on 2H choosen, and that is good for 6v6 or so.. but in WB fights its not that hard...
Well, why should choosen dps be better than BO and BG when Kotbs is weakest of all 6 tank in dealing damage...

the AA haste the WE got doesn't make sence to me... WH have only weapons with something like 2.2 speed on it, where the WE has daggers with 1.6, with kisses proc on them it's a not needed buff for WE

About the AA haste skill on choppa i was meant to say, the destro meele train is hard enough with a shitload of pressure... That is pushed with choppa party AA haste buff... give him ID too, and order is **** up :lol:

Didnt play for a while since last Reallife patch... but what about BG, does he still have the Swordmaster 2h deff skill? :P
I mean, what's next? give sorc a ranged knockdown? heal Keg for Magus? :mrgreen:

Not a fan of give any class the skills of others... but when you do it, it should be a 1-1 trade not one sided. :geek:

Ysaran

Post#90 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 am

Keep up with your thoughts! But just talk about Choppas and GTDC plz. There are plenty of other thread to talk about general balance
Zputadenti