Recent Topics

Ads

Returning DOK

Let's talk about... everything else
wheredigo08

Returning DOK

Post#1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:56 am

Hey all, i've been going through the forums and trying to get caught up some while it's downloading. Got a few question if people are willing to answer, if not feel free to move on and i'll keep looking for answers. First a little about me. I was a top ranked DOK when i left. There was only one DOK i knew of on any server with higher renown level than me in pvp and we were both fully geared when i left. I could solo heal any of the dungeons pretty easily and especially loved healing pve. so a few questions

Did they fix the BW and Sorc ability to spam their aoe and insta kill entire raids? This was one of the most frustrating things in the entire game when i was still playing live.
What is the top PVE available in ROR?
It appears that DOK's are pretty underwhelming and less used as healers from what i've read on the forums, is there a reason for this? I always remember being able to heal comparatively or better than the other healers.
Whats the average time it takes to level up to max level? i've got a lot less time than i used to, i've missed playing this game since i quit Live and would like to play it through again.
What is the end game currently? i remember doing the Egyptian style stuff before i left, but it was super sketch and buggy, is that in the game?

Again i appreciate any answers and will continue trying to find the answers myself, but i figure it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance

Ads
Artwork

Re: Returning DOK

Post#2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 am

Some general answers to your questions.
1. Yes, BW/Sorc AOE has been adjusted. It can still be potent when warbands are formed around the concept, but even back in LIVE it was nerfed a year or three before the game died.
2. DoK's are in no way underwhelming in RoR. They are best at group heals, and are probably tied for best overall heals with Zealot. They are just not massively OP like they were in LIVE. Playing a DoK no longer gives you the automatic "I win" button it did back then.
3. No Egyptian content currently. (Land of the Dead.) Almost everything else is working though except City Sieges. City Siege Light (Fortresses) have recently been rolled out and are still being actively adjusted.
4. Since you played LIVE I'll skip the warnings about straight leveling without bothering to level Renown, too. You can probably level from 1-40 in about 35 hours of straight questing and mob grinding these days, if that's what you have your heart set on. (Despite saying I wouldn't warn you, I'd still advise you to look into the bolster given to lower level toons in T2-T4 these days as a serious alternative to just trying to level to R40 immediately.)

Cheers, and welcome back!

Anjanolian

Post#3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:55 am

....Welcome back...RoR is a very different game than live.. and long way to LOtD..
We need DoKs in war ... join us and have fun....
...Bride of Khaine...

RedKnox

Post#4 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 am

Artwork wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 am 4. Since you played LIVE I'll skip the warnings about straight leveling without bothering to level Renown, too. You can probably level from 1-40 in about 35 hours of straight questing and mob grinding these days, if that's what you have your heart set on. (Despite saying I wouldn't warn you, I'd still advise you to look into the bolster given to lower level toons in T2-T4 these days as a serious alternative to just trying to level to R40 immediately.)
To add to this, I recommend just taking your time in the RvR Lakes and PvE as there is no need to rush to the end game. The journey so far has been the most fun part of the game, as Bolster allows lower level players to do something in RvR (to a certain degree). The PvE content has improved quite a bit over the last two years, with most of the lair bosses and a lot of the dungeons working. Gear has been reitemised to be more viable through out the game and makes a bit more sense now then it did two years ago.

And welcome back. :)
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

wheredigo08

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:36 pm

I appreciate the responses and look forward to getting back into the game. Thanks all!

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 pm

DOK is a staple healer in both WB and 6-man play, and they also happen to possess an incredibly potent (arguably meta, in some scenarios) DPS spec that offers the best HD ingame.

Ignore the naysayers.