Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
drmordread
Posts: 889

Choppa pull

Post#1 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am

OK ... was getting pulled down ramps, and through floors in keeps and forts, but I said nothing. Now I find out that the choppa pull will go through barriers in the cities.

Someone want to please point out an Order ability that is comparable to that? I want to play that Order class.

There isn't? Ohhh ...well .... guess we know what Destro ability needs to be taken out of the game completely, or at the least put it on a level with the weaksauce pull order WL has.
Image
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: Choppa pull

Post#2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 am

Actually I made a bug report cause it's incredible that this ability goes this far away. https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15687
Spoiler:

adamska2
Legacy RR80
Posts: 65

Re: Choppa pull

Post#3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:11 am

Image
Azeyune

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 818

Re: Choppa pull

Post#4 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:20 am

Been magneted through a barrier before. Dont get me wrong I dont think any of them should do that, but I dont think it's some huge faction imbalance issue. Destro has 1 more pull than order, sorry.

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: Choppa pull

Post#5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:34 am

adamthelc wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:20 am
Been magneted through a barrier before. Dont get me wrong I dont think any of them should do that, but I dont think it's some huge faction imbalance issue. Destro has 1 more pull than order, sorry.
The main difference being that this pull can't be defended against.
Spoiler:

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 218

Re: Choppa pull

Post#6 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:03 am

All pulls may work thru da wall/door/barrier, it's a common bug.

Now if we apply what you say, what about Shadow Warrior and Swordmaster pounce? Order has 3 pounces and Destru has only 1. So, where are our pounces? Why Destru dont have more punces? What's up with that?

Like many people say, this game should not have equal mirrors. This does not means one side should have better versions than the other.

GTDC has been nerfed multiple times already. It's the only ability that makes Choppa useful in Warband gameplay, before that Choppa was the most useless Melee DPS in the whole game. Not like his Mirror Slayer with 100% defense bypass / AoE CD DEBUFF. So, again, mirrors should not be equal, but they should not be better than the other.

Same for Morale 4 for Tanks, order has way better M4 than Destru Tanks, but nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care :(
Last edited by adapter on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
wachlarz
Posts: 384

Re: Choppa pull

Post#7 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:06 am

Ototo wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:34 am
adamthelc wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:20 am
Been magneted through a barrier before. Dont get me wrong I dont think any of them should do that, but I dont think it's some huge faction imbalance issue. Destro has 1 more pull than order, sorry.
The main difference being that this pull can't be defended against.
Order has 1 more Rampage than destro :D

User avatar
larsulu
Suspended
Posts: 446

Re: Choppa pull

Post#8 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 am

drmordread wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:47 am
OK ... was getting pulled down ramps, and through floors in keeps and forts, but I said nothing. Now I find out that the choppa pull will go through barriers in the cities.

Someone want to please point out an Order ability that is comparable to that? I want to play that Order class.

There isn't? Ohhh ...well .... guess we know what Destro ability needs to be taken out of the game completely, or at the least put it on a level with the weaksauce pull order WL has.
engi/magus used to pull players from forts barriers too.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6341
Contact:

Re: Choppa pull

Post#9 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 am

I don't remember why BO got the cooldown ability that used to only be on Choppa. I assume it was related to SM having it, and BO mirror something something stupid.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 1015

Re: Choppa pull

Post#10 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:29 am

Look, I have no trouble with the pull. I'm fine with it. What annoys the hell out of me is the maaaaaaany ways that is used to exploit sh*t in the game. Make it at least blockable by a shield or something, or give it a longer cooldown. That's all I ask, some counter to the pull-mele-meta cause this is getting out of hands lately. That's why nobody wants to play an order tank and order has to use ranged DPSs. You pass a lot of freaking time flying defenseless into the middle of the crowd that you are trying to keep at bay as tank.
Spoiler:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], naugrim, Seizan, Sexybobsmith and 26 guests

cron