Recent Topics

Ads

[Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

oneangryflamer
Posts: 5

[Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am

HI,

I am looking for the most useful addition to our 6 player SC/ORvR group.

Currently we have the following list:

SnB BO
2h BO
Choppa
DoK
Zealot

Now I am faced with the question, which class best complements the existing group and why? It would be great if you had some useful tips

Second Choppa, Mara, mSH or even a rDPS?

Thanks a lot
Last edited by oneangryflamer on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Xarko
Posts: 35

Re: Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group? I need a few tips

Post#2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

WE

Not sure why I think so. Also I'm terrible at this game.

User avatar
Noslock
Posts: 216

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:42 am

oneangryflamer wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:01 am
HI,

I am looking for the most useful addition to our 6 player SC/ORvR group.

Currently we have the following list:

SnB BO
2h BO
Choppa
DoK
Zealot

Now I am faced with the question, which class best complements the existing group and why? It would be great if you had some useful tips

Second Choppa, Mara, mSH or even a rDPS?

Thanks a lot
get rid of the s/b bo get a tank with a decent single punt (chosen or bg) buy urself a mara
Image

Elemint
Posts: 153

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am

You would greatly benefit from a marauder. You get an armor debuff, a wounds debuff, a toughness debuff, and second healdebuff. If you were trying to be more serious, you would have to change one of the BOs for either a BG or a chosen.

Foofmonger
Posts: 451

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#5 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Elemint wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:55 am
You would greatly benefit from a marauder. You get an armor debuff, a wounds debuff, a toughness debuff, and second healdebuff. If you were trying to be more serious, you would have to change one of the BOs for either a BG or a chosen.
Yep, probably a Sav/Brut Marauder so you can have some armor debuffs would be best. I wouldn't bother with the Mara heal debuff though, as you have to waste a tactic slot and there's no reason to do that when you have the Choppa one.

Alternatively, as stated, you could just run a BG, get the debuffs that way, and then run whatever you want in that last DPS slot.

So if you have to go 2 BOs, go Mara. If you can get one of the BOs to reroll to a BG, then you can pretty much play most dps classes and do well.

User avatar
Xaun
Posts: 221

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#6 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm

If you are running 2x BO and Choppa, there's a strong chance you have 3x group CD reducer - ergo I would try and leverage a char which can benefit from this

As others have said, a Mara would be a good complement to the Choppa, however benefits less from CD reducer than other classes (although your DoK and Zealot will, a DoK and Shaman would benefit even more)

All of that being said, I would drop one BO and replace with 2H BG or Chosen - the on-demand KD and long punt are vital tools

if you go 2H BG, I would have 2nd dps as something that leverages the Choppa +35% AA haste (well geared dps DoK, WE)

User avatar
Valarion
Posts: 286

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#7 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm

The hardcore Destro premades are arguing over this exact setup now.

The truth is that with the fixes to WL and SW, order has an advantage to target switching and rotational burst dps on target. In small scale Order is simply very hard for Destro to counter now. Hopefully the changes to mSH give new viability and fix some of this disparity. Mara pull needs to be fixed back to viability too, although its just going mean I die more when they do it.

So right now the classic destro melee train meta of mara+Choppa/WE+2tanks+2 healers is not sufficient for SM+WL+SW/AM burst between equal skilled/geared players. Ive seen some of the better Destro guilds dropping a dps or heal dok slot for shield dok, but this is just leading to other problems (usually not enough dps or not enough healing).

Closing time for Order needs to be addressed and inter-class Order synergy is also probably a bit overtuned if you ask me. For the record, I main healers on both sides and can tell you healing competitive 6mans on the Order side is FAR easier right now. That alone should tell you something about the state of the game.
Image
40s: WP/Dok AM/Shaman RP/Zeal Knight/Chosen SM/BO BW/Sorc WL & Eng

Illuminati
Posts: 172

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#8 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Valarion wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
The hardcore Destro premades are arguing over this exact setup now.

The truth is that with the fixes to WL and SW, order has an advantage to target switching and rotational burst dps on target. In small scale Order is simply very hard for Destro to counter now. Hopefully the changes to mSH give new viability and fix some of this disparity. Mara pull needs to be fixed back to viability too, although its just going mean I die more when they do it.

So right now the classic destro melee train meta of mara+Choppa/WE+2tanks+2 healers is not sufficient for SM+WL+SW/AM burst between equal skilled/geared players. Ive seen some of the better Destro guilds dropping a dps or heal dok slot for shield dok, but this is just leading to other problems (usually not enough dps or not enough healing).

Closing time for Order needs to be addressed and inter-class Order synergy is also probably a bit overtuned if you ask me. For the record, I main healers on both sides and can tell you healing competitive 6mans on the Order side is FAR easier right now. That alone should tell you something about the state of the game.
^ what this guy said. Only way Destro is beating the top Order team (SM/KOTBS/WL/aSW) is either double pump or cleanse/hot shammi's or the Order team is bad. For the OP, would recommend DPS DoK for and a tank swap to BG.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
Foofmonger
Posts: 451

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#9 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Valarion wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:25 pm
The hardcore Destro premades are arguing over this exact setup now.

The truth is that with the fixes to WL and SW, order has an advantage to target switching and rotational burst dps on target. In small scale Order is simply very hard for Destro to counter now. Hopefully the changes to mSH give new viability and fix some of this disparity. Mara pull needs to be fixed back to viability too, although its just going mean I die more when they do it.

So right now the classic destro melee train meta of mara+Choppa/WE+2tanks+2 healers is not sufficient for SM+WL+SW/AM burst between equal skilled/geared players. Ive seen some of the better Destro guilds dropping a dps or heal dok slot for shield dok, but this is just leading to other problems (usually not enough dps or not enough healing).

Closing time for Order needs to be addressed and inter-class Order synergy is also probably a bit overtuned if you ask me. For the record, I main healers on both sides and can tell you healing competitive 6mans on the Order side is FAR easier right now. That alone should tell you something about the state of the game.
Yep this is accurate, although I think the OP is probably bit more casual than this.

jvlosky
Posts: 158

Re: [Destro] Which DPS class for 6 Man SC/ORvR Group?

Post#10 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Marauder, there is a reason destro 4 stack them in city.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: axygail, Google Adsense [Bot], Hueslav, ravezaar, Reaping and 21 guests