Recent Topics

Ads

Population per side cap

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
DirkDaring

Re: Population per side cap

Post#11 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Ive been away for 8 or so months , however now maybe Destro will see what order players have been going through.

back in 2016 thru most of 2018 Destro would outzerg order, when they finally added T4 to the game, Destro zone locked every zone for a month straight farming the new Annihilator gear , then order would zone lock for a week, or two, then itd be Destro for another month or two.

When they finally added Forts to the game, Destro would have two forts open at the same time, with the 3rd fort ready to open as soon as one of the others was won, since you could get armor in the bags , it was pretty much a Destro zerg for month or two, of double fort pushes, while dest was gearing up their toons. then wed have a couple weeks of order pushing, then back to Destro.

When they finally added City sieges , it was the same Destro pushing city every day , sometimes twice a day, as you could get armor in the stage bags.

Now Order seem to be finally having the upper hand, but itll shift back to Destro soon, same as the last 4 years, but mostly its Xrealmers having nothing left to do on their destro toons, playing their order toons.

Ads
havartii

Post#12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:47 pm

I think a population cap would be a nice addition. Example: After 75% Aao you are no longer able to enter the over populated side but put in a que. Or you can join the under populated side. It's not like we all don't have toons on either side. Aao is needed to get things done and move the Campaign but when you reach levels of 200 Aao is that really necessary? Clearly the player base can't police itself.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

lifeson

Post#13 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 am If you play on underdog side, you should appreciate the aao bonus.
If you are on zerg side, be the change you want to happen and swap sides.
Just this really.
It will swing one way or another eventually anyway.

Tbh the war has been so slow after the defense tick/bag patch during midweek EU prime time getting zerged to pieces and a zone flip actually happening is sort of a relief.

jvlosky

Post#14 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:18 pm

no

Tom

Post#15 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:05 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm Everybody zergs and everybody complains about it...
Where did you get that idea from? Many of us do our best to avoid the zergs including the zergs on our on side.

oaliaen

Post#16 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Tom wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:05 pm
oaliaen wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:38 pm Everybody zergs and everybody complains about it...
Where did you get that idea from? Many of us do our best to avoid the zergs including the zergs on our on side.
Ofc, while pugs zerg pros take advantage of it and construct the win.. happens in both sides. Fact that you dont like and avoid zerg dosnt make it to stop...it will always happen.

Verdande

Post#17 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 pm

I also think this server has reached a decent enough population to actually revert to the tiered RvR zones.
And as Kylashandra said, it would be good for the meta gameplay and if it was followed by a change of the AoE stacking (the buff stacking should probably be nice too but the recent problem - and fix - on shaman int stacking shows that it would need to be cautious), it would result in a more dynamic RvR, with less tedious keep attacks and so less disappointing mass ragequits/xrealming.

I'd like to add some virtue to this hypothetical RvR change: it would also be good for the personal gameplay.
Everyone knows that T1 RvR is a lot of fun, because the level/stuff difference between players is small. Even if a potion-twinked level 15 crushes your level 3 toon, you know that in 2 hours, your new levels will soak up this difference and this peculiar foe gone in T2.
But when you left the T1 with your 16 little levels, the fun fades and for a very very long time. The scenario zone, limited to T2/T3, is harsh but bearable as soon as you reach 30-ish. The RvR zone on the other hand is pure hell. Depending on your class, the bolster barely copes the feel that you're useless. Your only way is to hide in the mass of the zerg or trekking the supplies with a nasty mount.
This situation will remain for weeks (even for months if you don't have much time to play). From 16 to 40 (at which point you're thrown in T4 SC, aka no more fun in SC anymore too), then grinding up slowly your RR to unlock each RvR set, spending countless hours as a useless cog of the zerg, waiting lock ticks, defense ticks, lord kills, fortress invitations (where you'll have the opportunity to be a bit more useless) but barely fighting anything on your own, even less killing... until the RR70-ish, with invader set or equivalent depending on the class. Then finally the fun returns.

Don't misunderstand my (bitter-looking) words: i do not think players should have everything fast.
The merge of RvR zones was necessary, as a fact. Now, we've witnessed extreme populations in RvR (300 vs 300) and their huge downsides for each faction.
But a level-tiered RvR would allow this grinding to be an actual fun leveling. If people were having fun fighting opponents not too far from their level or stuff, people would actually learn how to play their class (unlike as mindlessly following a zerg, legimately afraid of what would happen if they were on their own) and would not ragequit even when losing a zone/keep. Rerolling (something else than broken classes) would be fun again too, fueling in turn the lower tiers.

(sorry for bland english)

Arcrival

Post#18 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Dividing the tiers sounds good and for those fighting in those ranges it would be. If you go back to that though then you have the original issue of zones not getting flipped and progressing to city or they stall at t4 and the lower tiers are locked. I do think a compromise could be made. Suggested before was limit the players to being able to fight in 1 tier above or below their lvl range I.E. lvl 36-40 can fight in T3/T4 but not T2.
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:57 pm

During my entire time on live and here I didn't made a single order toon, and not planning to make one now.

There are bad ideas, and then there is this one :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

lifeson

Post#20 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:20 pm

Arcrival wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:24 pm Dividing the tiers sounds good and for those fighting in those ranges it would be.
Not so good for T4 players - those zones are fun at all levels. Variety is good.
Life after 16 isn't too bad anyway with bolster and renown is fast.
And at non peak times those T2/3 zones will be very dead.

I guess a permanent double XP state for those levelling from 16-40 would be fine.