Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orontes

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#91 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Grunbag wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Run away never broke on ability use
Why does a range class get an ability better than charge for free? I will patiently wait for a reasonable answer that makes sense. =D
As logical answers are not allowed to be used as serious responses, the obvious answer is the magical powers of Gork and Mork.
Hahaha. Good stuff.

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#92 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm
- The cost for renown respeccing has been removed.
Greeeaaat, now what am I suppose to spend my 20g a day on?

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:37 pm
- Vanquisher & Oppressor boots and gloves are now bind on equip, just like the sets below it.
And as someone who has almost broken the alt habbit, tytytyty so much.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Orontes

Post#93 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm

The Patch notes look really good. Thank you for all your work.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#94 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:23 pm

noronn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm To all the pepegas crying about Run Away!

Squig has 1 tactic that is called Run Away! and procs on direct dmg hit and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Squig also has 1 ability called Run Away! which requires an active pet and increases your run speed by 30% upon activation with 10 second duration and 45 seconds cooldown. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Before the SH rework you would spec this ability in every single spec you would run on a SH. The fact you clowns just realize that abiity existsts now and suddenly think its a problem is hilarious.

Please continue with the whine and entertain us further!
But....but....Rampage!

This isn't live tho btw, pretty sure the devs have laid that out.

wachlarz

Post#95 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Nice rework of rshy !!

teiloh

Post#96 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 pm Maybe you should try playing a Squig Herder to see what life without any of the speed boosts is like.
It's called "a Shadow Warrior"

Or you can just press Squig Armor, and become a Hunter Spec White Lion

Disclaimer: I've played Squig here and on live.

teiloh

Post#97 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm

noronn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm To all the pepegas crying about Run Away!

Squig has 1 tactic that is called Run Away! and procs on direct dmg hit and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Squig also has 1 ability called Run Away! which requires an active pet and increases your run speed by 30% upon activation with 10 second duration and 45 seconds cooldown. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Before the SH rework you would spec this ability in every single spec you would run on a SH. The fact you clowns just realize that abiity existsts now and suddenly think its a problem is hilarious.

If anything, it just goes to show how insanely overpowered both abilities are and how Destro still cries despite having almost all of the top 10-20 best abilities in the game.

Did you know that the "Taunt" under Run Away is basically Distracting Bellow? Except it's free, gives you a speed buff that doesn't break, is on a 45s timer and costs no morale. I'm pretty sure at this point that 95% of the playerbase isn't even aware because it's not in the tooltip.

Literally the most broken ability in the game that flies directly in the face of several design principles of not only Mythic but also the RoR team.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#98 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm

If anything, it just goes to show how insanely overpowered both abilities are and how Destro still cries despite having almost all of the top 10-20 best abilities in the game.

Did you know that the "Taunt" under Run Away is basically Distracting Bellow? Except it's free, gives you a speed buff that doesn't break, is on a 45s timer and costs no morale. I'm pretty sure at this point that 95% of the playerbase isn't even aware because it's not in the tooltip.

Literally the most broken ability in the game that flies directly in the face of several design principles of not only Mythic but also the RoR team.
You forgot to mention that it's tied to a pet in your list of attributes. How do you suppose that minor drawback feeds into the skill?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
teiloh

Post#99 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 pm You forgot to mention that it's tied to a pet in your list of attributes. How do you suppose that minor drawback feeds into the skill?
So the conditions here are:

1. You need to keep the pet alive
2. You need to have a pet out

In a solo/small group situation this is easy, it's going to be hard to justify focusing and killing a pet when the main threat is the SH or the SH's group, especially when you can just have it heel and warp out of your attack range (pet controls are also a problem, of course)

In a Warband situation, it will be lost in the mass of people.

In a Fort Situation, use the meaty squig, send it in, use it and pull out. Or send it in behind tanks while they charge. Bonus points if it gets hots.

leondre25

Post#100 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:10 pm

Tonight. Watch as Order players complain about things they perceive as "OP".
Watch as Destro players complain about things they perceive as "Useless/Nerfs".
And both sides have yet to spend any time with the changes besides a cursory glance. Find out next week if we will get any constructive feedback at all or just moaning about their eyeballing of patch notes or getting 1v1 solo'd in RVR.
Spoiler:
I dont know how the mods deal with it. reading this forum just pushes my buttons.
in Other news State of Realm changes are a good step forward
#1 Kisser Boy
English can be hard for me. i apologize.