Recent Topics

Ads

City not popping suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tyrean

Re: City not popping suggestion

Post#41 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm

The bias on this thread/forum is ridiculous sometimes, you can see from some of the signatures which side people play on.. I/we are not destro players, we play both sides and this (as others have mentioned) is not a destro only issue. No one is crying or trying to obtain free royals, you have misread the post if you think that is the case, it is merely a suggestion open to discussion/alternative suggestions and opinions.
Voidz - Magus RR84
Gorukz - Choppa RR85
Zoldrax - Chosen RR82
Zurgz - Shaman RR75

Vonz - Bright Wizard RR76
Kreedz - Witch Hunter RR57
Tyrean - KoTBS RR34
Koldarr - Slayer RR66

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#42 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:00 pm

There are no intentions in giving free end-game rewards for players when they simply queue.

The whole campaign is in the players' hands, and this surely comes with pros and cons.

You're not restricted to one faction, but faction balance and technically: SC queues, ranked SC queues, city siege queues and RvR fun/boredom are all in your hands.

That being said, fighting on a 60%+ side is rewardable in RvR since you'll zerg defenseless keeps, but it might not be fun and eventually as you reach city, you'll face the same issue again. An issue you chose to turn a blind eye on because it offered you a shortcut in RvR maybe.

As someone also said, it incentivizes a dominant faction to remain dominant if a city siege is prominent. Since the requirements of your suggestion are known, everyone would queue pre-20 minutes and the queues would still not pop in such cases.

mogt

Post#43 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:08 pm

you are right gamesbond. so many players want easy mode and free rewards, for doing nothing and that is false.

in my eyes, a solution is, as test phase, restricted to one faction, then the players must learn how itis to fight.

at the moment the players switching the sides so many times, that is the reason why one has 60+% and 1 hour later the opposite side has the numbers. many players try out what they can do, for easy win and free rewards. that is so so sad,

VindicoAtrum

Post#44 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Of course he's right. If anything like this got added I'd switch to destro simply because city is **** awful and if a way to consistently get royals without playing it existed I'd be all over that.

TreefAM

Post#45 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Que with 1 min left, wait a bit, and then go about your day :D

Tyrean

Post#46 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:39 pm

mogt wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:08 pm you are right gamesbond. so many players want easy mode and free rewards, for doing nothing and that is false.

in my eyes, a solution is, as test phase, restricted to one faction, then the players must learn how itis to fight.

at the moment the players switching the sides so many times, that is the reason why one has 60+% and 1 hour later the opposite side has the numbers. many players try out what they can do, for easy win and free rewards. that is so so sad,
This is not the case, what we want is a fight and to earn our rewards, no one is asking for free rewards, we had not been a part of the 'zerging' pre city and play both sides so it is a not as much of an issue, we just happened to have a few people with us that were locked to destro and had no option to switch sides, (which is what everyone including gamesbond above) seems to be saying is the answer.. There is a difference in x-realming/switching constantly, and people that pick a side for the evening/session and stay with those. I guess the answer is try to pre-empt cities and play the underpopulated side or get lucky.
Voidz - Magus RR84
Gorukz - Choppa RR85
Zoldrax - Chosen RR82
Zurgz - Shaman RR75

Tyrean - KoTBS RR34
Koldarr - Slayer RR66

Tyrean

Post#47 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:49 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:00 pm There are no intentions in giving free end-game rewards for players when they simply queue.

The whole campaign is in the players' hands, and this surely comes with pros and cons.

You're not restricted to one faction, but faction balance and technically: SC queues, ranked SC queues, city siege queues and RvR fun/boredom are all in your hands.

That being said, fighting on a 60%+ side is rewardable in RvR since you'll zerg defenseless keeps, but it might not be fun and eventually as you reach city, you'll face the same issue again. An issue you chose to turn a blind eye on because it offered you a shortcut in RvR maybe.

As someone also said, it incentivizes a dominant faction to remain dominant if a city siege is prominent. Since the requirements of your suggestion are known, everyone would queue pre-20 minutes and the queues would still not pop in such cases.

We did not turn a blind eye to population, we just had some people locked to destro from the time they logged on for the eve when city was starting and could not switch to order, so I guess we just have to live with it for now. I would much rather play on the non dominant side as zerging and easy rewards does not appeal to myself or the people I play with, but there are many who have realm pride and encouraging x realming to gain more city pops goes entirely against that. However cities are not the only content in the game and if a solution such as mine is not being considered then we just move on I guess. Thanks for your thoughts.
Voidz - Magus RR84
Gorukz - Choppa RR85
Zoldrax - Chosen RR82
Zurgz - Shaman RR75

Tyrean - KoTBS RR34
Koldarr - Slayer RR66

lyncher12

Post#48 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:48 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm whenever order actually loses a fort (the ratio being what 1 in 8?) its non stop crying about cross-realming. just lol.

heres the cold hard facts even if one of us destro chads logged order to play YOU STILL WOULDNT GET AN INVITE. you would still have your shitty 5 engineer 3 dps am group and get farmed in spawn. so stop spewing this pitiful just log order rubbish.
Well I love my fellow dps-AMs and engineers dying beside me while we getting atleast 3 royals while you destro sit on the forums whining about not getting a pop. You are not gonna get 3 royals for free just sitting outside a door after pushing pve-content. Its not happening, have a nice day!
except i log in after the peasants do work, join a premade wb, get a pop and farm x amount of royals. stay mad

Ads
Panodil

Post#49 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:39 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:31 pm
Zhentarim wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:48 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm whenever order actually loses a fort (the ratio being what 1 in 8?) its non stop crying about cross-realming. just lol.

heres the cold hard facts even if one of us destro chads logged order to play YOU STILL WOULDNT GET AN INVITE. you would still have your shitty 5 engineer 3 dps am group and get farmed in spawn. so stop spewing this pitiful just log order rubbish.
Well I love my fellow dps-AMs and engineers dying beside me while we getting atleast 3 royals while you destro sit on the forums whining about not getting a pop. You are not gonna get 3 royals for free just sitting outside a door after pushing pve-content. Its not happening, have a nice day!
except i log in after the peasants do work, join a premade wb, get a pop and farm x amount of royals. stay mad
Same here, only join premade wb.
Ping on discord for signup, then log either side to do city, no clue who pushed city. Happend once that we didnt get pop, always intant q
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

StrongUn

Post#50 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:04 pm

People blaming xrealmers, asking for 2354 hours lockout and now you are suggesting xrealming for cities?

Interesting...