Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#81 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:56 am

Yeah, let's get a back to times, where they were considered being OP and then nerf again, as forums will be flooded with complaints.
Players seem to like this nerf/buff circle jerk.
Dying is no option.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#82 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 am

WE had some tools, long long time ago xd
Long long time ago I had two one night stands in one night. But what is the point to talk about it today when I am 40+ and have two kids?

Stick to present not past. Learning history won't help WHs today.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Twohandernoob

Post#83 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:10 am
WE had some tools, long long time ago xd
Long long time ago I had two one night stands in one night. But what is the point to talk about it today when I am 40+ and have two kids?

Stick to present not past. Learning history won't help WHs today.
Let me help you out old timer. What they're saying is we could use some of these historic tools now. For example the 75% heal debuff tool.

abezverkhiy

Post#84 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:24 am

Thanks bro. They really lost me.

Nah, what's gone is gone for a reason. Let's find new tools.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Sulorie

Post#85 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 am

Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am
Let me help you out old timer. What they're saying is we could use some of these historic tools now. For example the 75% heal debuff tool.
You already have healdebuffs stacking up to 75% on a healer, who heals himself. Anything higher would be OP.
Dying is no option.

Twohandernoob

Post#86 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 am
Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am
You already have healdebuffs stacking up to 75% on a healer, who heals himself. Anything higher would be OP.
The old WE tool would passively apply it without need for PtF + an execution.

Miszczu5647

Post#87 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm

It's easier for Dev's to work on old skills as some of them still exists then build something completely new. Once they tried to show me how skill is build in code. Still remember headache.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

CeeJay89

Post#88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:02 am
Spoiler:
CeeJay89 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:38 am
Duukar wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:56 pm I agree.

Make the 50% crit damage part of the basic kit. This one change opens so much more variety for specking a WH. Big QoL improvement.

Making BaL have no positional requirements would also be a huge QoL improvement. Not sure the 35 foot range thing makes any sense and would likely come with a damage nerf. No thanks.

While we are at it remove the positional requirement for pistol whip as well. No other DPS has positional requirements for their CC as far as I know.

Absolutely the gun should maintain an auto attack range of 35 feet. It’s a gun ffs and hardly OP.

For the love of god give WE and WH medium armor!!!!
Only agree with the 50% crit tactic being baseline. Positional requirements are fine; MAYBE make them have alternative requirements like curses/ailments if not in position. And we don't need more survivability through armor.

WE/WH both just need to be given a more unique purpose that other classes can't fill, which isn't the case right now. Personally, I'm tired of healers being as potent as they are and having a single target class that effectively deals with them better than other classes would be welcome. Would also cure the solo Shaman/AM problem in the lakes.

Giving them a purpose such as being the most effective healer killer through potent abilities that impact healing (all healing) exclusively would allow single target hit groups to be more effective for something that AoE builds aren't, while at the same time not wildly increasing their single target damage and making them a menace in solo roam.

Rock, paper, scissors. Right now healers on both sides are a mountain that requires too much to take down.
Could bind armour debuff into stealth opener and in its place give a relic acts as a mini version of WH excommunicate moral, preventing all healing on target for 5 seconds.

Or a tactic that prevents healing on target for 2 seconds after being hit with an execution.

This would be a bit too powerful, as it would effect any player who is receiving heals. I'm more speaking of a way to target healing classes specifically. Let's say something that significantly reduces healing from a healer on themselves. So it'd be like an outgoing heal debuff, only much better. This would still encourage group play, so they would have to receive support from other party/warband members, wouldn't cripple tanks/other mDPS from getting heals except maybe through self-healing, and as a bonus would help curb the abundance of solo healers that terrorize the lakes.

It's just one suggestion or idea, and as 'another' added bonus, this would allow the devs to get more creative with AM/Shaman hybrid builds, and especially DoK/WP melee healing builds. Right now it's too easy to break them and make them too strong because you have to be able to balance damage and healing, but if there's a specific class that directly counters the hybrid and curbs it, they can get a little more crazy with those builds (especially DoK/WP). Once upon a time, DoK/WP had a really potent, viable melee healing spec, but it was way too strong so they had to nerf it. Giving WH/WE a hard counter to those builds while not making them just another AoE class would give them a purpose in single target hit groups.

As it stands, it's way too easy for defensive healers to detaunt and ignore 2-3 mDPS while spamming AoE heals and you'll rarely see their HP drop. Again, there needs to be more rock, paper, scissors going on here. There shouldn't be one-build-one-strategy-fits-all options going on like there is now.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#89 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:56 am
Spoiler:
Yeah, let's get a back to times, where they were considered being OP and then nerf again, as forums will be flooded with complaints.
Players seem to like this nerf/buff circle jerk.
I think they should do more nerf/buff cycles. it keeps the game fresh and somewhat new. Why not change the fotm build/classes every few months etc.
-= Agony =-

Ywhi

Post#90 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:15 pm

WH has a bit of Versatility and are not completly useless in a WB. It has spec playable on different situation like most of the class.

I think WH/WE lack of mobility mostly (60sec Vanish/charge sharable CD ? compare to other dps with 30sec charge). Those kind of Archetype are usually mobile and high burst potential.

ST is fine overall (for me) maybe it could be a little be higher if you guys "want" that class to be the "BEST ST" of the game but only for that.

For me, a improvement/QOL for both WE/WH's is to make : Vanish - Charge / 100% Disrupt / 50% Armor penetration SEPARATE CD.

It would bring back mobility to the class AND the possiblity to have an other button for the ST burst potential with the 50% armor penetration for 7sec.

Maybe reducing Vanish/Charge CD bellow 60sec would be nice (40sec ?) but might be a bit too much because of the vanish.

it's minor changes and I don't think it would make WH/WE broken.