Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
Earthcake

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#101 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:11 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:05 am
Heres a thing. That 'unfair advantage' it creates really isnt that much of an issue. I have played with some of the best players on the server, and for most of them the most they even used it for was pots. The people mad about the change were the ones that crutched on it to cover up their own gameplay.

That said people need to buck up and accept its gone. It may be annoying for some people but you will become a better player if you adapt to it.
My biased oppinion :

1st : there was no unfair advantage since everybody had access to it.

2nd : people being mad at this "unfair advantage" have either no idea how it actually worked, or for some reason think that using reactives with conditionnals gave an advantage, when it's actually the opposite most of the time. Like wasting taunt to interrupt some **** channel at a random time instead of the one you need to interrupt at the exact right time. And if you as a zealot are mad cuz ppl interrupted you, if they targetted you in the 1st place, it was prolly to interrupt you addon or not.

3rd : I do not think using a manual screwdriver instead of an electric one makes you a better fixxer.

All removing it does is :
- having to use 8 keybinds for pots instead of 2 (since when is that a progress ??!)
- turning the boring part of the game (your spam rotation) into an even more boring and even sometimes annoying thing
- limiting the amount of alts you can play because now you have to devellop different muscle memory for each character, when earlier you could map up everything to be almost the exact same on all chars (again, how is that a progress ?)
- and removing a fun part of the game : the strategic planning

Really people, there was no unfair advantage

Ads
Ishmahel

Post#102 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 am

1: True, this is clearly true. Is not unfair andavantage eveyrone can use it and decide to do it or not.

2: Absolutely false. Timing is PART of your skill. If you don't have timing you don't have skill. Is a real time mmorp not a turn absed one and so on, using the right stuff at the right moment is part of the skill.
3: That's rhetoric. You can't use an electric screwdriver in a Screw Driving worl competition. See points 2 for a better explanation.

If you find annoyng using your skill this is not the king of game for you. Maybe you are more attracted to skill building, charachter optimization and so on. But that's it.
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

Earthcake

Post#103 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:35 am

Ishmahel wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 am 1: True, this is clearly true. Is not unfair andavantage eveyrone can use it and decide to do it or not.

2: Absolutely false. Timing is PART of your skill. If you don't have timing you don't have skill. Is a real time mmorp not a turn absed one and so on, using the right stuff at the right moment is part of the skill.
3: That's rhetoric. You can't use an electric screwdriver in a Screw Driving worl competition. See points 2 for a better explanation.

If you find annoyng using your skill this is not the king of game for you. Maybe you are more attracted to skill building, charachter optimization and so on. But that's it.
2 - This is EXACTLY what I said, glad that we agree. I said that using conditionnals on your reactive abilities will most of the time work AGAINST you, and that you shouldn't do it. And since you shouldn't do it because it is counterproductive, I don't understand why people use this as an argument against NB.

And yes, I find annoying to do 222 333 222 111 222 333 222 111 when before I could do 333 333 333 333... because again, I don't see how my skill improved by doing this or what you even call "skill" in the 1st place tbh since the reactive where alrdy being used outside of spam rotation as they should be.
And you are right here, I LOVE this optimisation thing, which is the main reason I'm in favor of NB.
And people that don't like it will be against it.
99% of arguments used (from either side) are not true, but only used to try to prove a point.

Ishmahel

Post#104 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:52 am

Earthcake wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:35 am And yes, I find annoying to do 222 333 222 111 222 333 222 111 when before I could do 333 333 333 333... because again, I don't see how my skill improved by doing this or what you even call "skill" in the 1st place tbh since the reactive where alrdy being used outside of spam rotation as they should be.
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

taccr

Post#105 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am

All you are achieving here is reducing the amount of people using the addon to an even more "elite" circle who has knowledge about the games API or good contacts.

Warhammer does not have any protected code or function like other games. Your newest combat lock can just be overriden by a non-protected variable on the client.

I highly doubt there is a "solution" to this without gutting crucial game mechanics. Everything you are doing right now will be bypassed within hours with just a few lines of code...
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Nekkma

Post#106 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:34 am

taccr wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am All you are achieving here is reducing the amount of people using the addon to an even more "elite" circle who has knowledge about the games API or good contacts.

Warhammer does not have any protected code or function like other games. Your newest combat lock can just be overriden by a non-protected variable on the client.

I highly doubt there is a "solution" to this without gutting crucial game mechanics. Everything you are doing right now will be bypassed within hours with just a few lines of code...
Yeah, I would like it gone (personal preference) but if we have a situation where we get an "underground NB" not avaliable to everyone then I think it is better to just revert the change and allow it.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#107 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 am

taccr wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am All you are achieving here is reducing the amount of people using the addon to an even more "elite" circle who has knowledge about the games API or good contacts.

+1
Github / Tighub / Stack

yuaa22

Post#108 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:59 am

Ishmahel wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 am 3: That's rhetoric. You can't use an electric screwdriver in a Screw Driving worl competition.
But if ppl do not want to compete in this stupid competition? But if this competition became outdated? If ppl want to compete with electric screwdrivers?

Ads
Ishmahel

Post#109 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:10 am

yuaa22 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:59 am
Ishmahel wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 am 3: That's rhetoric. You can't use an electric screwdriver in a Screw Driving worl competition.
But if ppl do not want to compete in this stupid competition? But if this competition became outdated? If ppl want to compete with electric screwdrivers?
They choose another competition ;)
Kronas - DOK 40/70
Ishmahel - CHOSEN 40/65

yuaa22

Post#110 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:20 am

Ishmahel wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:10 am
yuaa22 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:59 am
They choose another competition ;)
Yes, they just leave to another game. This is a proplem with core game design of that type of games - wow likes. Now 4 buttons moba games have more gameplay then 20+ buttons warhammer online. Becose 4 buttons in moba is nontarget and have very complex physics.