Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
TreefAM

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#471 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:22 pm

NB panic still going on, best patch ever.

Ads
sunshinefuntime

Post#472 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:23 pm

All these complaints about NB and positionals make me wonder if any of these players actually do PVP in ror... because without a sequencer you're going to waste 4-5 GCD trying to get a positional to fire because the other player is simply side strafing and your client cant update your position fast enough.. so thats why you get that weird animation spamming crap. If you actually play characters with positional ONLY abilities, you know exactly what i mean.

Brakh

Post#473 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Kragg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:51 pm
Brakh wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:49 pm I do not need NB conditions/checks/things considered as cheats, I just used that as sequencer, simply out of convenience. As an older casual player which takes no entertainment from PC keyboard-piano play.
So in a act of solidarity with all these older chaps or disabled folks for whom NB was catch up tool with all these l33t guys I will quit this project as well.
No, you're not :lol:
Naah, this time for real. Last two patches gave me final thoghts that devs here are totally unpredictable. Don't want to waste any more time here waiting for them to break something that I value and like in this game releasing next prominent patch.

Parallell86

Post#474 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:58 pm

Trantor wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm
Again making differences over details.

Let's simplify this (as if its ever gonna get into your head)
Without macros I use: M5, M4, M3, Q,E,R,T,G,F,X,V + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 as keybindings. The abilities I cant reach with my fingers I have a special bar sized up with certain utility or buff abilities that I can click when needed.
Its fair that you can use an addon to create a sequence with atleast 5 or more of those abilities on one button? An addon that automatically pop up a possitional attack because youre at the persons side or rear while I have to hit the correct ability suited for the situation?
While i say "Much respect" to your button olympics, it is/was your decision not to make your gaming easier by using NB for simplying the button olympics. Right ?
So you shouldn't blame someone else who did simplify it for himself while the use of NB was allowed/tolerated. It was your decision to use the hard road instead of the maybe easier road.

In terms of positional attacks, I bascially agree to you but let´s be honest, does it really make a difference in a zerg ? How often do you have an 1v1 and this positional dung is important ? Usually when there is a 1v1 somewhere, it mostly takes only a few moments when someone else (from 1 to grp to wb) pops up and "joins" the 1v1. how important is this "automatically" positional dmg then ? Nuts. You are dead anyway. But that is only my personal experience. Mybe you are a luckier person than me and have real 1v1s.

I would still say let the player play how he wants to play as long as it in the allowed range of possibilities. If you chose the hard way, life with it. If someone choose the easier way, life with it.
It´s the same with some recommendations like "buy a 100 button mouse, buy a game pad like orbweaver".
Sure, it´s a possible solution. But it´s maybe not available for everyone due to some RL reasons.
NB is basically available for everyone, and it´s a personal choice to use it or not when it was tolerated.
My main issue with NB isnt the sequence itself. As long as the addon doesnt somehow bypass global cooldowns and allow you apply debuffs or throw abilities slightly faster, cause thats what I heard since way back. Naturally you throw glares at the people using it. Conditional checks is abit overdoing aswell. Plan B for SM and BO, lets you place the abilities in order to keep the rotations going. But they wont change because of condition or position. Its completely harmless. If NB does just that. Allow you to preset a rotation nothing more. Im fine with it. Go ahead. I like my keybinding olympics. Always played it that way.

And I just wanna add, no there are hardly any 1v1's around. The typical opponents I run into either straight up gank, or try 1v1 til it goes sour and the backup comes to aid. But there are alot of small scale situations when things like positional abilities (since they do more dmg) and finger dancing still matters.

sighy

Post#475 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:02 pm

sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:23 pm All these complaints about NB and positionals make me wonder if any of these players actually do PVP in ror... because without a sequencer you're going to waste 4-5 GCD trying to get a positional to fire because the other player is simply side strafing and your client cant update your position fast enough.. so thats why you get that weird animation spamming crap. If you actually play characters with positional ONLY abilities, you know exactly what i mean.
Wouldin't it be better, if that was fixed? (Or removed) If as you say it's not really possible for human to pull it off reliably, in actual player vs player combat. (I agree that position dependant abilities are wonky as hell, unless you have feigned positioning on)

steelblade93

Post#476 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm

After some reflection I agree with the Nerf Button ban. It was unfair and in the name of making the game more fair I have compiled a list of the following recommendations.

#1 Disable layout editor. Some people re-arrenge it to be more efficient. This is clearly unfair vs the orginal layout.
#2 lock the games video and graphics settings to minimum, also cap the framerate. It is not fair that some players have more ram and a faster loading time.
#3 Ban players from wearing glasses or using other real life aids. You must rely on your natural skill and speed to play, not using additional aids to improve performance. These clearly make the game easier for some and therefore must be banned.
#4 disable key remapping. Some people map thier keys for better access. This is clearly unfair for people who use the vanilla bindings.
#5 Ban all players from using voice chat. The speed at which targets can be called out compared to typing is clearly unfair and must be stopped.
#6 Ban all addons. Some people use unfair addons to get an advatange over those that do not. This is clearly unfair and must be banned.
#7 Limit the amount of bandwidth allocated to each player as some people have better or more stable internet. This is clearly unfair to people with inferiror internet.
#8 Relocate the server's location to the moon. It is clearly unfair in terms of ms ping levels for players not in Europe. This is unfair and must be stopped.
#9 Shut down the forum. Not everyone reads every post and therefore the whole community dosnt have access to the entire debate. This is unfair and must be banned.
#10 Ban me! I'm not exactly the same as everyone else and might have different ideas and or needs. This is clearly unfair.
#11 Ban everyone else. Because they arnt me.
#12 Ban the game. It was in fact always unfair and always will be, therefore it must be banned.

Alternativly, we could break everyones fingers in solidarity with the disabled playerbase to see who has the REAL skill around here.
Regardless which path we choose I think we can all agree:

Job done.

Kragg

Post#477 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Brakh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:36 pm
Kragg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:51 pm
Brakh wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:49 pm I do not need NB conditions/checks/things considered as cheats, I just used that as sequencer, simply out of convenience. As an older casual player which takes no entertainment from PC keyboard-piano play.
So in a act of solidarity with all these older chaps or disabled folks for whom NB was catch up tool with all these l33t guys I will quit this project as well.
No, you're not :lol:
Naah, this time for real. Last two patches gave me final thoghts that devs here are totally unpredictable. Don't want to waste any more time here waiting for them to break something that I value and like in this game releasing next prominent patch.
I have been around for 6 years; this always has been on the agenda. It did come as a big suprise tho.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Rordin Brightrune, RR 70 Runepriest
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

Zorinxus

Post#478 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:50 pm

steelblade93 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm After some reflection I agree with the Nerf Button ban. It was unfair and in the name of making the game more fair I have compiled a list of the following recommendations.

#1 Disable layout editor. Some people re-arrenge it to be more efficient. This is clearly unfair vs the orginal layout.
#2 lock the games video and graphics settings to minimum, also cap the framerate. It is not fair that some players have more ram and a faster loading time.
#3 Ban players from wearing glasses or using other real life aids. You must rely on your natural skill and speed to play, not using additional aids to improve performance. These clearly make the game easier for some and therefore must be banned.
#4 disable key remapping. Some people map thier keys for better access. This is clearly unfair for people who use the vanilla bindings.
#5 Ban all players from using voice chat. The speed at which targets can be called out compared to typing is clearly unfair and must be stopped.
#6 Ban all addons. Some people use unfair addons to get an advatange over those that do not. This is clearly unfair and must be banned.
#7 Limit the amount of bandwidth allocated to each player as some people have better or more stable internet. This is clearly unfair to people with inferiror internet.
#8 Relocate the server's location to the moon. It is clearly unfair in terms of ms ping levels for players not in Europe. This is unfair and must be stopped.
#9 Shut down the forum. Not everyone reads every post and therefore the whole community dosnt have access to the entire debate. This is unfair and must be banned.
#10 Ban me! I'm not exactly the same as everyone else and might have different ideas and or needs. This is clearly unfair.
#12 Ban the game. It was in fact always unfair and always will be, therefore it must be banned.

Alternativly, we could break everyones fingers in solidarity with the disabled playerbase to see who has the REAL skill around here.

Job done.
The last 3 (10,11,and 12) were pretty damn funny to read
I have deleted this game. I'm not about to torture myself playing whiny people and completely imbalanced classes/realms. I also do not want to be met with condescending and rude replies from a certain head Gamemaster while reading this forum.

Ads
Kpi

Post#479 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:39 pm

steelblade93 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm After some reflection I agree with the Nerf Button ban. It was unfair and in the name of making the game more fair I have compiled a list of the following recommendations.

Job done.
Best post ever :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

wachlarz

Post#480 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:51 pm

Job done.
:shock: :lol: