Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
mogt

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#71 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm

the biggest problem are the players themselves. if you see in the PUG sc , a 6man guild group, then make a screenshot and send it to a gm. and a second thing is, each player must learn to play their char, you can be a part fom a group in a sc, but if the tank, not use guard to protect his teammeber, then the group, can be fail. the mainproblem is, many players dont know about the basics , from the char. just smah buttons. and that is false.

and this players xry, we need a bonus for a sc. it is easier, if the players learn to play and what is important in a sc pug players can learn this and the premades, can learn this-

Ads
Toggle

Post#72 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:47 pm

zacflemo6 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:51 am It's also because shamans are ruining gameplay because of their God tier healing and im over it man
I never though I’d live to see the day that a shammy was a “God tier” healer. I have truly seen it all.

We made it, bois!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Wraithedge

Post#73 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:17 pm

mogt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm the biggest problem are the players themselves. if you see in the PUG sc , a 6man guild group, then make a screenshot and send it to a gm. and a second thing is, each player must learn to play their char, you can be a part fom a group in a sc, but if the tank, not use guard to protect his teammeber, then the group, can be fail. the mainproblem is, many players dont know about the basics , from the char. just smah buttons. and that is false.

and this players xry, we need a bonus for a sc. it is easier, if the players learn to play and what is important in a sc pug players can learn this and the premades, can learn this-
People can rattle on and on about getting gud and individual performance but the devs can't attend to the minutiae of whether or not you or Bob or Jim know how to press a button. There is a larger problem to deal with in the chilling effect premades have on SCs and it is largely an intractable one because there are lots wrong approaches and not many correct ones.

You don't want to break the player base up.
You don't want to segregate them into disparate groups.
You don't want to punish premades.
You don't want the system to become less accessible.

Any solution has to not impact current flow-through, cannot impact premades, cannot lower participation.

So how do you entice people to join and use the scenario system? How do you combat the sense that it is only for premades without harming premades? What can you do about losing streaks 20-50 SCs long discouraging people from even playing the game?

Devs have to face these things at a level far above whether DeaThzOrD287 remembers to guard you or not. And while the deleterious patterns created by the SC system are easy to see, they are not that easy to confront in an elegant, effective and efficient manner.

So if you have ideas for how best to take on the idea that, at a systemic level, premades simply own the SC system and punish pugs such that players are encourage not to engage SCs or even play the game at all, I'm sure development would love to hear more about that.

Roos

Post#74 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm

yeah me and my friend quit this game even tho its really cool becauase there is no point in getting facerolled 2 days in a row with 500-0 scores and if you are lucky 1 killing blow on the entire team. Literally a waste of hours. Been seeing the same names nonstop just roflstomping over and over.

mogt

Post#75 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:16 pm

what is the definition frpm the word premade? the l2p curve is important but many players dont want learn or learn basic skill.it is easy to say, the devs, must do things, NO, the playerbase must learn what is important in a sc and waht not, if a player have best in gear slot and not know to play their chars, they are foind dead from a better play player. and that is the key the players,must learn to play

Sulorie

Post#76 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:34 pm

Roos wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm yeah me and my friend quit this game even tho its really cool becauase there is no point in getting facerolled 2 days in a row with 500-0 scores and if you are lucky 1 killing blow on the entire team. Literally a waste of hours. Been seeing the same names nonstop just roflstomping over and over.
You want to vent or help? You seem to exaggerate to make a point but this is no useful feedback.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Cons:

The devs would actually have to build the system

I suppose the idea that a premade might meet a group made powerful by determination occasionally might be considered a con, but it seems a small price to pay for a solution to a problem that has thus far totally and entirely stumped the devs.
Boosting players doesn't work, because you need to recognize the boost or people will call others cheater for dealing too much dmg.
The moment a premade sees super boosted players, which wouldn't even be nessesarry, if players play better, they would let their opponents win, if boost becomes broken. One pve win for the objectively weaker team and boost is gone and the premade can continue to dominate them.
Those /5 premades in midtier SC don't win because voicecom, they just play better. There are no geargaps at all in midtier, just players not utilizing their class properly.
When you make a new char a tutorial window pops up. Maybe this would be good for people becoming 16, where they can read the basics to start properly into midtier with links to guides.
The fact is, the rank doesn't matter from from let's say 17 to 39. The gear is rather easy to get.
People are weak because they don't bother with getting gear or flat out don't know what to get and how.
Dying is no option.

Roos

Post#78 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:34 pm
Roos wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm yeah me and my friend quit this game even tho its really cool becauase there is no point in getting facerolled 2 days in a row with 500-0 scores and if you are lucky 1 killing blow on the entire team. Literally a waste of hours. Been seeing the same names nonstop just roflstomping over and over.
You want to vent or help? You seem to exaggerate to make a point but this is no useful feedback.
Not exaggerating wasleveling an alt and this is how its been going the last 2 days, And to start they should swap so that premades get 1 SC and pugs get the rest instead of pug sc being only 1. I cant imagine how many new people that try this game gets absolutely stomped and quit would be nice keeping as many new players as possible instead.

Ads
Uncas23

Post#79 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:17 pm People can rattle on and on about getting gud and individual performance but the devs can't attend to the minutiae of whether or not you or Bob or Jim know how to press a button. There is a larger problem to deal with in the chilling effect premades have on SCs and it is largely an intractable one because there are lots wrong approaches and not many correct ones.

You don't want to break the player base up.
You don't want to segregate them into disparate groups.
You don't want to punish premades.
You don't want the system to become less accessible.

Any solution has to not impact current flow-through, cannot impact premades, cannot lower participation.

So how do you entice people to join and use the scenario system? How do you combat the sense that it is only for premades without harming premades? What can you do about losing streaks 20-50 SCs long discouraging people from even playing the game?

Devs have to face these things at a level far above whether DeaThzOrD287 remembers to guard you or not. And while the deleterious patterns created by the SC system are easy to see, they are not that easy to confront in an elegant, effective and efficient manner.

So if you have ideas for how best to take on the idea that, at a systemic level, premades simply own the SC system and punish pugs such that players are encourage not to engage SCs or even play the game at all, I'm sure development would love to hear more about that.
My suggestion: Make the exp and rp rewards better for the losing team. For me losing is not necessarily demotivating but when I get no progress out of it.
If you try but fail you should still get decent exp and rp rewards.

Sulorie

Post#80 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 pm

Roos wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:57 pm

Not exaggerating wasleveling an alt and this is how its been going the last 2 days, And to start they should swap so that premades get 1 SC and pugs get the rest instead of pug sc being only 1. I cant imagine how many new people that try this game gets absolutely stomped and quit would be nice keeping as many new players as possible instead.
Did you ever think about why you lose?
I mean it's always easier to blame others or people who seem to be a premade.
How do new players recognize a premade?
Dying is no option.