Recent Topics

Ads

rvr statistic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
diedrake

Re: rvr statistic

Post#11 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:46 am
btbw2009 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:28 pm
saupreusse wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:28 pm well you can see the weekly/monthly leaderboards of kills here: https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/
Im confident that the top renown holders are among those people :)
its very poor statistic, cannot find where kills happen, what grp etc
If order gank a destro player 6 vs 1, and destro do the same but three times over, does it mean your realm is inferior to destro? Coincidences or random encounters dont determine which realm is the strongest.

Regardless what realm you pick, this is what you gonna get.
Ha are you refuring to the 3-6 whs partied together? That is annoying if it keeps up more we ppacks will come out :) imagine a wb or so of WE running together haha. Gotta roll a we now even though not my playstyle.

In all honesty though in reference to stats on wins and losses overall, it goes through flows of each side winning for months then switches to other side. Been like that for years really. No need to have stats on that.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#12 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:11 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:08 am but it should
how we can analyse statistics?
im forgot, this server is good enough, just another hundreds people lost, no worry
I honestly doubt you could draw the correct conclusions out of such a complex statistic.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:11 pm
im forgot, this server is good enough, just another hundreds people lost, no worry
I honestly doubt you could draw the correct conclusions out of such a complex statistic.
are you trolling?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:31 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm
are you trolling?
Probably not. We've seen your past arguments and observations. It's not hard to extrapolate how you would interpret data.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

MMXX43

Post#15 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:01 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:31 pm

are you trolling?
Probably not. We've seen your past arguments and observations. It's not hard to extrapolate how you would interpret data.
How can we interpret the overall city win rate % from the spreadsheet people complied over the years ? ( Note that is proufounly red )

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:03 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:31 pm Probably not. We've seen your past arguments and observations. It's not hard to extrapolate how you would interpret data.
definitely yes
you dont understand simple thing - any dev teams cannot find solutions of current state
only all who involved, take part and create population of server can help to devs
with analyse, view from other side, under other angles
you, guys, failed
just give to us tools for understand where and why
dont fight with us, fight with own lazy and snobbish

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:42 pm

are you trolling?
I only replied to you in a similar manner you replied to my first post (no offense taken).
However, analyzing such a enourmous dataset would be a fulltime job and I doubt you (or I for that matter) would be up to the task.
Just the scenario win/loss rate has such a huge set of data if you also start tracking group composition/rank/renown rank/sc imbalance/class distribution etc... that you could never even draw any meaningful conclusion out of it, because all of these parameters are closely tied to one another.
And what happens, if you start to see a pattern somewhere? For instance, what do you do if you interpret the data in a way that lets you come to the conclusion that Magus overperforms in SC, but underperforms in RvR (just an example). Or that Slayer is very strong in a premade, but they are horrible when queueing solo? Big companies have teams of people working on such things as a fulltime job.
And that is why i honestly doubt you could draw the correct conclusions out of such a complex statistic.

Edit: I'm not saying its bad to keep track of a few of these things and take them into consideration when doing balancing.

Acidic

Post#18 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:56 pm

The analysis work needed to get the kill board statistics to a useful set of stats is huge.
For instance just to get some idea of how hard it would be think how to Annalise forts.

Step one extract all fort data
Step two match each fort with population in a fort
Remove lobsided populations from fort
Cross reference players with guild so get an indication of guild/organised WB
Then somehow try relate those forts where even organised and even matched numbers are there.
After that (not easy and some missing data) you could do a kill analysis and impact of killing on win/lose to prove there is a correlation
After that you could maybe get some conclusions that could be debated but they would end up being based on a smallish data set so it’s not proving anything.

Basically a whole lot of work for little if anything of value

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:30 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:42 pm I only replied to you in a similar manner you replied to my first post (no offense taken).
However, analyzing such a enourmous dataset would be a fulltime job and I doubt you (or I for that matter) would be up to the task.
Just the scenario win/loss rate has such a huge set of data if you also start tracking group composition/rank/renown rank/sc imbalance/class distribution etc... that you could never even draw any meaningful conclusion out of it, because all of these parameters are closely tied to one another.
And what happens, if you start to see a pattern somewhere? For instance, what do you do if you interpret the data in a way that lets you come to the conclusion that Magus overperforms in SC, but underperforms in RvR (just an example). Or that Slayer is very strong in a premade, but they are horrible when queueing solo? Big companies have teams of people working on such things as a fulltime job.
And that is why i honestly doubt you could draw the correct conclusions out of such a complex statistic.

Edit: I'm not saying its bad to keep track of a few of these things and take them into consideration when doing balancing.
what happen if (im citate you) community will find rational info inside structured statistic?
you think nothing or nothing good
okey
then stand still in closed code of alpha-beta game without available statistic and without touch with community
hold your ivory tower
dont changes and die with honor, like many other games before, this is the way

Sulorie

Post#20 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:37 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:30 pm
what happen if (im citate you) community will find rational info inside structured statistic?
you think nothing or nothing good
okey
then stand still in closed code of alpha-beta game without available statistic and without touch with community
hold your ivory tower
dont changes and die with honor, like many other games before, this is the way
The game is dying once again or what are you saying?
People here are much more in touch with community than the live devs and CMs, who were paid for it, maybe it will be never enough for some people.
You should know by now, that the way you write towards devs is in no way helping your cause, even if some of what you say is true.
Dying is no option.