Recent Topics

Ads

Game started chrashing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wender88

Game started chrashing

Post#1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:56 am

Hello.

Since yesterday I've had the problem that my game chrases after writing "login complete" in the black box on the right side of the screen. It chrashes without any error messages or anything, just straight to desktop.
I've been playing on this server from the launch more or less and never had any problems with the game before.
Today I've tried downloading the game+launcher again without any luck.
I've checked that the folder aint read only and I launch the game as admin.

This started happening after a relog yesterday, where my game chose to chrash instead.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Ads
SarGara

Re: Game started chrashing

Post#2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 am

I would be looking at your own desktop/system rather than assuming it is the game at fault.

Check/update your drivers, check your eventviewer for any crash logs, try playing with any firewall/AV disabled, try a system restore to an earlier point when it worked etc.

Other than that try experimenting with running the game in some compatibility modes see if they improve performance.

wender88

Post#3 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:47 am

Wasnt my intention to blame it on the game, eventhough it might have come across like that. But figured it was something on my own end, just find it kinda weird, since it has worked fine so far on my old win7 Pc and now my 8.1 PC.

Virus program and firewall are on the same settings as they have been all the time.

But I'll look in to my drivers now though.
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Jayzboi

Post#4 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

wender88 wrote:Hello.

Since yesterday I've had the problem that my game chrases after writing "login complete" in the black box on the right side of the screen. It chrashes without any error messages or anything, just straight to desktop.
I've been playing on this server from the launch more or less and never had any problems with the game before.
Today I've tried downloading the game+launcher again without any luck.
I've checked that the folder aint read only and I launch the game as admin.

This started happening after a relog yesterday, where my game chose to chrash instead.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Det samme skete for mig igår. Lige pludselig begyndte spillet og gå i hak, og måtte lukke det ned. Prøvede her idag igen og kunne spille i få minutter, også gik det i stå og måtte lukke det ned.

Samme problem du har eller hvad?
does it depress you to know just how alone you really are?
Guild: Warbuddy - Orz
Chars: Sixtyniner - Thefatone - Zlota - Gemini.

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI7Mq8 ... _3Va-MwWVA

wender88

Post#5 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:51 am

Ikke helt. Når til billedet, hvor der bliver logget ind på serveren og når login er bekræfter chrasher spillet bare til desktop, uden nogen form for advarsel/meddelse :cry:
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Jayzboi

Post#6 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:53 am

wender88 wrote:Ikke helt. Når til billedet, hvor der bliver logget ind på serveren og når login er bekræfter chrasher spillet bare til desktop, uden nogen form for advarsel/meddelse :cry:
Så jeg sku bange for min grafik kort er ved at være dødt :cry:

Håber du får fikset problemet. Ellers prøv og kør en fejlfinding af programmet. Og husker du og åbne med admin?

My Youtube Channel

wender88

Post#7 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:55 am

Øv..
Åbner altid med admin. Hvis jeg ikke gør det, kommer den med en fejlkode inden spillet bliver launchet.

Jeg er lidt noob til computer, så er ikke sikker på, hvordan jeg kører en fejlfinding på et program?
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Jayzboi

Post#8 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:57 am

Når du højreklikker på RoRLauncher står der f.eks. Kør som admin, og lige neden under står der: Fejlfinding i forbindelse med kompabilitetsproblemer.

My Youtube Channel

Ads
wender88

Post#9 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Hjalp ikke på noget.
Har også prøvet at slå min firewall helt fra og det gjorde heller ikke noget.
Kenzing - Specialneedz

wender88

Post#10 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Seems like I found the problem now. Tried disabeling Avast, but that didnt help - now I've completely uninstalled it and I'm able to play again.
Still find it weird though, as it havnt been a problem, the last year :)
Kenzing - Specialneedz