Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked jewelry change the price to 5000k war crest to buy

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Ranked jewelry change the price to 5000k war crest to buy

Post#41 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:14 pm

areandar wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:56 pm Listen if it actually popped u think i wouldve made a post.
pretending it doesnt exist and that people in my timezone dont have it is utter bullshit. They can probably play in timezones where they do pop wich sadly i cannot do.
Even to increase weekly doesnt help at all CAUSE AGAIN THEY DO NOT POP. can we please be logical and add a war crest currency to it heck even 10k i dont care make it 20k also fine. But then at least i can work towards a goal.
The thing is, solo ranked is usually between 21:00 and 01:00 CET. On weekends the time it pops is usually a bit extended. I know that NA-time (so between 04:00 and 08:00 CET maybe?) groups queue or are willing to queue for group ranked. You claimed you can play for 6-10 hours. If you are not a pacific islander, you will get pops.

I do think, it should be easier to get the ring. I don´t think you should get it just by pvdoor.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:00 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:18 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:20 pm At the same time, losing reduces mmr way more than wins increase it and in many cases the class setups are stacked against one team.
Thats not true and I can´t believe you actually state this. Check the statistics. You can get to 1000+ MMR with a winrate way below 50%.
I want to believe that's not intended and it boggles my mind how it's working for others but I experienced something different, while I farmed my 3pc ranked. With a similar win rate after e.g. 200+ games some have 1000 MMR, while I am hovering around 0 with over 100 games. When I am not winning more games, how would it rise so much. It's actually frustrating and I gave it up after I got the items. :(
Dying is no option.

Dabbart

Post#43 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:59 am

My chosen has bounced around 50% winrate the entire season, has 158 matches, and the highest he ever got was 733 at 68/67/7. Then I went on a losing streak, and am currently 628 with 73/77/8 record. I missed 1 SC pop when I was in the 200MMR range so that's not the reason I am so low. I have about 2dozen screen shots of my journey each time I broke 50% winrate to document the highest my MMR got.
Spoiler:
In my experience, you HAVE to maintain a winning rate or achieve a decent win streak to get near 1k MMR. I don't know where the 100 matches and 50% for 1k MMR came from, but it has not born out that I can see. Morshi at 99 games(56% winrate), and Domantis at 122(50% winrate) are the only ones on the leaderboards with over 100 games at 1k+ MMR(technically, 976mmr for Domantis). And I have watched Domantis', he's had a winning rate for most of his S3. You have Gitflop at 147 games 48% winrate, 715 mmr, Bobbydigital at 697 mmr 123 games played 48% winrate... Etc Etc.

Also, Arbich I never said everyone who achieved the Ring exploited. I never even got close to saying that, feel free to reread what I initially wrote. I'm hoping this isn't a "The lad(y) doth protest too much, me thinks" moment. I stand by my point that people exploit the system. They always do. Doesn't matter what the system is, people will exploit it, and it can be super obvious at times.

And I dunno where you are getting your numbers, but since you seem to have them; How many players have their ring? How many from S1 and S2? Now, what % of players who played 100+ games got the ring? What is "plenty"? What % of people who want the ring will even achieve it outside of weekly rewards? Quantify your answers and arguments with actual data, please.

Edit; I was able to get that many games in, cause I took a 2 weeks off work(I just finished a major project and decided to take a mini-vacation before I started my next job. I'm a carpenter btw). Now I'm back to work, I'll be able to Q on the weekends, that's it. So unless I go on a major winning streak, my I aint getting 1k MMR this season, much less 39wins at 1k+ mmr(I already have 11 insignia's). Being "able" to play 6+hrs a day doesn't mean you'll get pops, if you get off work at 5:30pm EST.

Edit 2: Which is all fine. I don't have the W/L to justify 1k mmr, nor the freetime to farm Ranked Qs all season. I enjoy the ranked system. I'd play ranked even if there was no reward, because I enjoy the gameplay. Yea, I get annoyed at times. But I've learned a bit gaming with totally different people than I usually do. Every MA has a very different style, and it's kinda refreshing to play with those you otherwise would never get a chance to play with. And I have to giggle at the various different mind-sets this game can have. Kill the Lion pet, or not? Double punt or Punt/KD? Chase the RDPS/healer? Etc.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

areandar

Post#44 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:55 am

wondering can any of the dev team actually say anything about this if there are plans on changing this or anything that helps getting this item ?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#45 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:14 am

Dabbart wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:59 am
Also, Arbich I never said everyone who achieved the Ring exploited. I never even got close to saying that, feel free to reread what I initially wrote. I'm hoping this isn't a "The lad(y) doth protest too much, me thinks" moment. I stand by my point that people exploit the system. They always do. Doesn't matter what the system is, people will exploit it, and it can be super obvious at times.
Well you did say that "You want an actual incentive to WIN. So do I, but it's just not feasible atm w/o major luck or playing the system. " So I don´t its unreasonable to understand it the way I understood it. You clarified this and didn´t meant it that way. So thats fine.

About the rest:

I missed one page there to make an easier format :D These are all ppl around or below 50% winrate that are at 1000+ MMR or slightly below.
On the other hand you have 3 ppl that had close to 150 games and a winrate of 49% or 50% that are below 1000 MMR.

I do think it was harder to get at 1000+ MMR in season 2 (only one person with a winrate below 50% has 1000+ MMR in season 2), but with the change how you gain mmr after season 2 it is in my opinion a bit easier now and the statistics seem to support this (but there were also more games in season 3 compared to season 2, so I would count the statistics as a hint not a proof)

"plenty of people" is super specific, I know. ;)
Was there a ranked set for season 1? I think i got the ring shortly before there were no more pops in season 2 (lucky :D ). Check the statistics. I think its fair to assume that almost everyone that has 1200+ MMR and 150+ games in season 3 got the ring or is at least close to it. Add the people from season 2 and add the people from group ranked (which is potentially the fastest way to get the ring).
I think its fine if you get the ring after 1-1,5 seasons.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Lerris81

Post#46 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:42 am

areandar wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:55 am wondering can any of the dev team actually say anything about this if there are plans on changing this or anything that helps getting this item ?
I don't think the devs will change anything else here. if the ring can be bought normally then ranked will lose even more players. the ranked project is far too important for many devs.
In my opinion, the game is not designed and balanced enough to really call it ranked.
It's ok that there is such a system, but the best equipment shouldn't be given as a reward in ranked.

BluIzLucky

Post#47 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:46 pm

I don't really wanna join in on the 7th thread on this very specific topic..this has been said before with more and better arguments (though the main one being the same) and solutions (especially now that you can buy with War Crests).. so will just say I hope you can convince them, but you got to step up the game.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:00 pm
Arbich wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:18 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:20 pm At the same time, losing reduces mmr way more than wins increase it and in many cases the class setups are stacked against one team.
Thats not true and I can´t believe you actually state this. Check the statistics. You can get to 1000+ MMR with a winrate way below 50%.
I want to believe that's not intended and it boggles my mind how it's working for others but I experienced something different, while I farmed my 3pc ranked. With a similar win rate after e.g. 200+ games some have 1000 MMR, while I am hovering around 0 with over 100 games. When I am not winning more games, how would it rise so much. It's actually frustrating and I gave it up after I got the items. :(
0 is not the lowest MMR, just the lowest displayed, this is why you can win games and still see 0 while you've actually you went from -100 to -50.

And to get to 1K MMR the following needs to be true:
A. You are average or above
B. Your class is average or above
C. Your luck is average or above
D. You do not miss or reject queue pops (loss)
E. Play enough games
F. You are matched with players having their true/settled MMR close to your current MMR.
G. MMR win chance estimation and adjustsments are aligned with actual chance to win.

We know F. Is largely not true, because of low player pool and frequent MMR resets, especially below 1k.

And G. is also probably not true even if F. was fixed, teams with equal MMR are treated as having a 50% chance to win, when in reality it might be a 90% to draw and just a 5% to win.
Leaving a lot of progress up to a coin toss rather than player skill.
And then there could be misalignment on the other end as well, the system could think a 200 MMR difference would equate to a 70/30 win chance and adjust accordingly, when in reality it might be a 99/1.
These combined with the current state of F, leads to games you had no chance of winning punishing you hard when you lose and barely reward you if you win.

Which means for A-E you have to compensate for F and G, on top of compensating for any shortfalls in A-E.

(Yes, these are arguments against Insignias being tied to 1k)

Anyway....
I like your idea of having a off-spec Sent set (or somewhere else to get 3rd slot int set ring, like add rings to Vanq/Oppressor), I think the ranked ring is technically BIS for most classes, but for DPS AM/SHM (and maybe DoK/WP?) it's by a far wider margin, so having another (worse) option would make the current situation a lot less sour :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Tesq

Post#48 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:54 pm

Lerris81 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:42 am
areandar wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:55 am wondering can any of the dev team actually say anything about this if there are plans on changing this or anything that helps getting this item ?
I don't think the devs will change anything else here. if the ring can be bought normally then ranked will lose even more players. the ranked project is far too important for many devs.
just let it buy with ranked currency but drop 1k mmr wall, mmr should had used to balance the game the more possible it could, like it was at beginning and not being a rewards wall . Im not even a fan of this cross realm "moba" queue system......image have a 1kk wall for reward...

Ads
Dabbart

Post#49 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:20 pm

Spoiler:
Arbich wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:14 am
Well you did say that "You want an actual incentive to WIN. So do I, but it's just not feasible atm w/o major luck or playing the system. " So I don´t its unreasonable to understand it the way I understood it. You clarified this and didn´t meant it that way. So thats fine.

About the rest:

I missed one page there to make an easier format :D These are all ppl around or below 50% winrate that are at 1000+ MMR or slightly below.
On the other hand you have 3 ppl that had close to 150 games and a winrate of 49% or 50% that are below 1000 MMR.

I do think it was harder to get at 1000+ MMR in season 2 (only one person with a winrate below 50% has 1000+ MMR in season 2), but with the change how you gain mmr after season 2 it is in my opinion a bit easier now and the statistics seem to support this (but there were also more games in season 3 compared to season 2, so I would count the statistics as a hint not a proof)

"plenty of people" is super specific, I know. ;)
Was there a ranked set for season 1? I think I got the ring shortly before there were no more pops in season 2 (lucky :D ). Check the statistics. I think its fair to assume that almost everyone that has 1200+ MMR and 150+ games in season 3 got the ring or is at least close to it. Add the people from season 2 and add the people from group ranked (which is potentially the fastest way to get the ring).
I think its fine if you get the ring after 1-1,5 seasons.
1, Fair enough. I'll try to be more clear on those types of points in the future.

2, Thanks for that page. For the record, that page shows 6 people out of 135(4%) ending with under 50% winrate and over 1k MMR, not achieving it. What was their W/L when they broke 1k? What was their MMR when they went under 50%? From my MMR experience, I believe those players all achieved high MMR, then went on a, somewhat, losing streak to finish the season. I have yet to see anyone achieve 1k MMR under 50%, ending at 1k+ isn't the same as getting to it. Zuto and Shibiblet might be the exceptions, but with over 661 and 425 games played anything is possible. Hard to make these arguments with the data at hand however. All I have to go on is the W/L record on my toon+what I see in the current standings as people progress. At over 100 games it "felt" like each win finally started giving me more MMR than I lost, but you still have to go on a streak, and just pray you don't get assassinated. Breaking 700MMR helps a LOT. Lastly, 4% would more likely be an oddity of the system than a rule, right?

Edit: For instance, currently the highest MMR of a person BELOW 50%, is Bobbydigital at 55/57/12 and 730MMR. The highest person AT 50% and 100 games is Wawac at 41/40/19 718MMR. I'm just not seeing the ability to get 1kMMR at or below 50%. But I am rarely accused of intelligence, so probably a personal error. :D Btw. If it takes 400+ games for this to bear out, then it might as well not exist. Only an extreme minority will play that many games.

3, Super Specific :mrgreen: That's a fair assumption though. However, that log would show 90ish over 1200MMR, with (guessing) 3/4 having enough games. That kinda proves my point that we just don't have the playerbase for this system, no? There is also the fact that you see quite a few repeat names from season to season. If the same toons/players are getting High MMR, do we count them separately for it to be "plenty" achieving the ring? This ignores Alts also. And, y'know, intentional throwing.

4, Group ranked and solo ranked are 2 ENTIRELY different experiences. In regards to ring farming, it might be a better way. Again though, w/o data it's hard to say. How many group games pop compared to solo? And ofc, win trading is also a thing. Imo, keep group/solo as separated as possible in regards to balance/rewards. They are literally 2 different things.

Thanks for the informed response mate.
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:46 pm

And to get to 1K MMR the following needs to be true:
A. You are average or above
B. Your class is average or above
C. Your luck is average or above
D. You do not miss or reject queue pops (loss)
E. Play enough games
F. You are matched with players having their true/settled MMR close to your current MMR.
G. MMR win chance estimation and adjustsments are aligned with actual chance to win.

We know F. Is largely not true, because of low player pool and frequent MMR resets, especially below 1k.

And G. is also probably not true even if F. was fixed, teams with equal MMR are treated as having a 50% chance to win, when in reality it might be a 90% to draw and just a 5% to win.
Leaving a lot of progress up to a coin toss rather than player skill.
And then there could be misalignment on the other end as well, the system could think a 200 MMR difference would equate to a 70/30 win chance and adjust accordingly, when in reality it might be a 99/1.
These combined with the current state of F, leads to games you had no chance of winning punishing you hard when you lose and barely reward you if you win.

Which means for A-E you have to compensate for F and G, on top of compensating for any shortfalls in A-E.

(Yes, these are arguments against Insignias being tied to 1k)

QFT. Well said. Can also add;

No Communication errors/issues including not getting into Disc, no mic, or not speaking the same language/understandable.
No Force Majeure(unforeseeable circumstances). DCs, players in "wrong" spec/gear/tactics/Auras/no pots, double punt vs single punt, no ability to cleanse/Shatter/Sever, Etc.

As even 1 weak link, or opponent advantage can see your team get farmed. Regardless of personal "skill" or relative teamwork.

Edit: On this, you really should be required to be inspectable for Ranked. I would personally be in favor of allowing the old school .getstats on others in Ranked, but doubt that'd ever be input. It's not about flaming or blame. Some people honestly don't know what/if they are doing wrong. For instance, I wasn't running enough wounds. I am inspectable and had a few people PM me about it, so I changed my gear/spec from 940 to 1050 wounds and have performed better for it. I honestly didn't think 110 wounds would make that big of a deal, but it did. And, not to throw him under the bus, but I think Rolgrom has had a very different ranked experience since he was given a different spec/advice. Not that he was offered "friendly" advice to begin with, but we got there in the end:P
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

areandar

Post#50 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:29 pm

So none of community management of any official response About This thank you please close This thread then.