Recent Topics

Ads

Constant short freezes/spikes every 5 secounds

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.

Ads
Ghostweed

Re: Constant short freezes/spikes every 5 secounds

Post#22 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Mor wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 pm Does anyone know where to find the guide or how to change RoR so that it uses a CPU at its full potential?
:!: viewtopic.php?t=19867 :!:

Also try to read this:
https://zewar.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/ ... rformance/
viewtopic.php?t=30050
viewtopic.php?t=30531

;)
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#23 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Ghostweed wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 pm
Mor wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 pm Does anyone know where to find the guide or how to change RoR so that it uses a CPU at its full potential?
:!: viewtopic.php?t=19867 :!:

Also try to read this:
https://zewar.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/ ... rformance/
viewtopic.php?t=30050
viewtopic.php?t=30531

;)
In this post can find more help: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075&hilit=reduce+lag

Hreoms

Post#24 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Mor wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 am
Ghostweed wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:44 pm had similar problem, try to:

3. disable addons and then load em up 1 by 1 to see if the fps drop comes again.

4. set the UI back to default and then personilize it step by step. Again try to observe when the fps drop occur.

5. Warband UI can cause horrible fps drops - try to use Enemy UI for it.

6. ROR uses only 1 core of ur CPU, try to set them up to use all of them (there is a guide buried somwhere here on forum from 2016).
3 and 4. I disabled all addons and removed whole User folder. In addition to this, I put all video settings to total minimum and it help quite a bit but in a different way. I can manage now playing in the middle of fort defenses and at massive clashes in rvr, it all runs smoother. But still the short freezes persisted. So, turning some things off in video settings and refreshing User folder + addons helps making the game running more fluent.

5. This one is spot on! As soon as I leave any wb in rvr, the stuttering disappears. I have no idea why warband frames cause so much damn fps drop and/or freezes?! I have always been using enemy addon for wb unit frames and I am not sure whether I haven't turned off original frames properly or is it something else causing the problem? However, it is definitely to do with wb and/or joining wb.

6. I have no idea how to use all cores of my CPU. This might solve the issue as well. Does anyone know where to find the guide or how to change RoR so that it uses a CPU at its full potential?
Same exact thing is happening to me which is number 5, as soon as i enter warband boom, like 3-5 secs stuttering, only thing that fixes it is to exit warband and not join one. Tested with both no addons in folder and with all addons enabled so its the same thing. Can confirm now that this is an issue on the client, ui or server issue or maybe all 3. Only way to properly test that tho is to disable all the EA core addons and see if anyone of them is causing the issue, however that function is only available to developers i think.

Sever1n

Post#25 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 am

Somebody find a solution?
Noximilien - AM, Severi - SM, Ravandin - SW, Celebor - WL, Ernwald - WH, Demandred - BG.

rspride

Post#26 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:47 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm jitters are usually an addon, buff head is notorious for it, so is miracle grow
I turn off the miracle grow , then it's fixed. Thank you very much.
Also reboot seems to reduce the freeze as well.

Tesq

Post#27 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:45 pm

Mor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:05 pm I bought a new PC (which is way better than my previous laptop) and for some reason I experience constant 5 sec. freezes after 10 minutes of playing RoR. I am pretty sure that this is a little bit unusual performance in game.

I downloaded the newest RoR torrent and installed DirectX provided in the folder. I turned off all applications including discord and the issue persists. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Thanks
all stuff ppl posted are ancient and not updated, some has been fixed , made worst, changed, collide with other add on that fix some clietn problem etc...

go here -> https://www.reddit.com/r/ReturnofReckon ... guide_v20/
i wrote a guide which fix client (not game options) bug etc, it will not make you lag with must have add on etc dosen't matter the computer old or new you are using (im using win 7, dont crash, dont lag after i fixed all the client shitty problems).

if you have any problem or something dosent work you whisp me on discord #tesq4282 you may had corrupted files etc i will tell you what do.

edit: dam i got took into the necro with out realise

arthur2k

Post#28 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:35 am

Having the exact same problem.
Game is smooth until I join a warband and it starts stuttering.
Tried various fixes so faar and nothing has helped :<
Karak-Norn Destruction, we öwnd.

Ads
Xeulios

Post#29 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:40 am

Below addons should help

WBStutterLess

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 66&t=46913
Capz AM 83 | Dedz WP 55 | Beeone BW 40