Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD - objective capture area for glyphs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Omegus

LOTD - objective capture area for glyphs

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:28 pm

There are two main quests in the Land of the Dead - the quest to kill players and the quest to obtain all of the Glyphs. To unlock the Glyph you have to not only capture the objective, but also be within the very small glowly pillar area to actually get credit for the quest. This means that in order to make progress on that quest, everyone has to huddle up into one tiny spot and anyone leaving it will miss out on the quest contribution, even if they are still within the main boundary area of the objective (i.e. the objective still shows up in the public quest area).

This prevents people scouting for enemy forces while within the objective area to gain credit, anyone who might not realise the glowly pillar thing controls the quest update doesn't get contribution, and disincentivises fighting the enemy near the border of the objective when the timer is close to reaching zero.

Please can you change it so the area that awards the glyph when the objective is locked is based on the full bundary of the objective and not the small glowing pillar of light in the middle? Needing people in the pillar to trigger the start of the capture is fine, it just feels unfair that the pillar of light also controls getting the glyph when the objective is captured.

During play this evening we had to try and recapture some objectives to help people complete these glyphs due to the player being just outside of the pillar of light, either by accident or for perfectly legitimate reasons (i.e. fights) but still well within the boundary of the objective itself. It felt a bit forced and arbitary, to the point that you almost hope the other side recaptures it so your can try and actually get the missed progress on the quest.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Parallell86

Re: LOTD - objective capture area for glyphs

Post#2 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Explains why I missed out on several captures though I was in the area of the objective.