Recent Topics

Ads

LotD Feedback 12-03-2022

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Omegus

Re: LotD Feedback 12-03-2022

Post#11 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Meliannia wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:12 pm think order lost by 2000 points today, destro doubled our score. nerer seen that beforei ts just getting worse every week as with most things due to as with most things the zerg and the continuing population imbalance. What was funny was while they were stompng us with twice the numebrs in lotd, destro ALSO had twice the numbers still iN ORVr to take DW, eataine and Fort. Hilarious game balance and population balance.

i remember first lotd i did was great close fight all way til end order lost by 59 points. i thought ooh if this is only trial and has rough edges by time devs get it right and it goes live this could be amazing content full of mystery, small fights, 6 vs 6s, objectives that require a 6man only or a 12man and small to large fights all over map and devs will learn from their ORVR zone mistakes and make sure it wont be a mindless brainless zerg of 400 vs 150 all game long,,,,,,
2nd lotd order lost by 157 points
3rd order lost by 530 points was now getting 1 big zergfest
4th order lost by 800 points, Order starting to see writing on wall early and give up/port out
5th order lost by 2000 points
6th? what delights await?
And how coordinated was order during those LOTDs? Were the role-population issues (i.e. too many DPS, not enough healers/tanks) and did people swap characters to help balance things out if they had alts? Unlike other content, all of the LOTD stuff is account (realm) bound so even if you want the rewards on - for example - a Bright Wizard, you can still play LOTD as a tank and then transfer to the tokens over.

What is the state of coordinated order guilds these days?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Panzer80

Post#12 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:45 pm

I for one haven't turned in a single resource. Every time I've tried it's not available. If there's some kind of window for turning them in, then let me suggest this be addressed. It's too inconvenient to have to return them a specific time from the LOTD opening.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Omegus

Post#13 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 am

Panzer80 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:45 pm I for one haven't turned in a single resource. Every time I've tried it's not available. If there's some kind of window for turning them in, then let me suggest this be addressed. It's too inconvenient to have to return them a specific time from the LOTD opening.
You turn them in before LOTD starts. People typically turn them in 5 minutes or so before.

Sinisterror

Post#14 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:21 am

Meliannia wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:12 pm think order lost by 2000 points today, destro doubled our score. nerer seen that beforei ts just getting worse every week as with most things due to as with most things the zerg and the continuing population imbalance. What was funny was while they were stompng us with twice the numebrs in lotd, destro ALSO had twice the numbers still iN ORVr to take DW, eataine and Fort. Hilarious game balance and population balance.

i remember first lotd i did was great close fight all way til end order lost by 59 points. i thought ooh if this is only trial and has rough edges by time devs get it right and it goes live this could be amazing content full of mystery, small fights, 6 vs 6s, objectives that require a 6man only or a 12man and small to large fights all over map and devs will learn from their ORVR zone mistakes and make sure it wont be a mindless brainless zerg of 400 vs 150 all game long,,,,,,
4th order lost by 800 points, Order starting to see writing on wall early and give up/port out
+1! I think aoe cap being 24 is huge issue. Should be 9 like it was designed to be and make all Covenants/bullets/kissess/frozen touch and all other career procs 0,5 sec ICD instead of 2 sec and we need about 8dps increase on 1h wpns dmg (max was 66 dps when rr 80 gear was max live, using 1h examples cos i dont remember 2h values and these wpns had amazing procs which we totally need more, and things stacking!)

After those changes people can kill much more efficiently and single target dps will become mandatory=) Also if something is a damaging tactic like Blorc loudmouth they used to crit and should be able to crit now. Potent Enchantments on SM as well. Basically they should be like jagged edge which does crit in RoR as well. Riposte used to crit as well but with 1 sec ICD it's okay not super op even if it does crit.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Omegus

Post#15 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:09 am

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:21 am+1! I think aoe cap being 24 is huge issue. Should be 9 like it was designed to be and make all Covenants/bullets/kissess/frozen touch and all other career procs 0,5 sec ICD instead of 2 sec and we need about 8dps increase on 1h wpns dmg (max was 66 dps when rr 80 gear was max live, using 1h examples cos i dont remember 2h values and these wpns had amazing procs which we totally need more, and things stacking!)
How often are you actually hitting more than 9 people at once during running fights? During sieges yes it makes a much bigger difference, but in LOTD it is trivial to spread out to minimise the impact of AOE, or you're holding a choke point / funnel on some of the interior objectives and there's less than 9 enemies getting through at once (again, LOTD not keep funnels).

Wouldn't making procs better also make AOE better in general for even faster kills?

wonshot

Post#16 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:45 pm

so we not counting the two first tests where order won? Or does Orders defeats just happen to be when you are playing. With all due respect if you want to bring numbers and statistic in constantly to paint this narrative that the devs hate one realm, please use full data and not selective dips and drops.

What happend in the first few LOTD test were that Order simply had more organized warbands, some of the "both-realm-available" guilds played Order for those. And it was enough to tip the scale in Orders favor.
Now some of those guilds have played destro last few tests, some order guilds have had their leadership taking breaks and not attending or unfortunatly leaders stepping down.

Order lately has taken some hits on their organized guild warbands, while 3months or longer ago some of the open pug warband leaders swapped from order to destro and hence the momentum swing of getting the pugball rolling early in the day.

What aways for next lotd, that depends purely on who shows up. Not on the devs.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Evilspinnre

Post#17 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Order won the first LoTD test...

Last test was a simple difference in organised warbands. There were 3 on Destro. TuP's 15 man on order was the only skilled group out on order. Result was obvious before the test started.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

CountTalabecland

Post#18 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:42 pm

I play NA so I’ve never even seen LoTD unlocked.

I assume what happened was the typical order blob was mostly unguarded RDPS , vs choppa pull, mara pull, SH pounce/bounce destro melee blob= destro profit.

Until Order has better class population balance (read never), I don’t see what could be done other than pop control and removing all overtuned CC from destro.

Imo, AoE knockdown, choppa pull, and SH pounce would have to be removed for RDPS warbands to ever be meta. Especially unguarded, RDPS that can’t kite through all the CC are just dead meat. Which is what usually happens when the order pugs attempt to fight destro.

Slayer/WL is the answer but order chooses not to play those two DPS exclusively.

Until then, yeah Order isn’t going to be winning blob v blob.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Cultist

Post#19 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:07 pm

I did not know how to enter.

Ninjagon

Post#20 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:28 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:35 pm Order won the first LoTD test...
Last test was a simple difference in organised warbands. There were 3 on Destro. TuP's 15 man on order was the only skilled group out on order. Result was obvious before the test started.
OK so your comment is like: The only skilled group for Order was a 15 man destro guild playing order. Such an arrogance!

Next time we meet you, you will be eating graveyard dirt, sir Evilspinnre!
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: