Recent Topics

Ads

Can a squig herder hide in his pet ?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
DEADJACK

Can a squig herder hide in his pet ?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:40 pm

In a scenario few minutes ago i've witnessed a squig herder hidding in the moddel of his squigg and so... preventing players from targeting him.

In the same scenario this player cumulated a lot a kills by doing so ( i have his name, didn't took a screenshot but i will in the future).

Is it a normal practice ? o_O

Cheers !

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Can a squig herder hide in his pet ?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:15 pm

You can still tab-target people, but I admit it's frustrating, shitty targeting is almost always working in favour of the SH (pet being almost always targeted first, acting like a natural shield against first attack attemps).

In theory you should not be able to hid into your pet, because it is meant to move aside as soon you move yourself, and should stay to your right side at all time.
So either the player found a little trick to be able to hide in the same spot, but it should not be able to do that as an exploit.

Dont hesitate to take a screenshot and report as a bug in the bugtracker, it COULD be unintended and/or a bug occuring.

wonshot

Post#3 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Just by the random off chance, this was a case of not knowing how the Squigarmor works :P
Squigherders have a melee build, where they use a tanky-form to enter a squigarmor model looking like a squig but bigger.

Just in case any new players sees this, and dont think the goblin is hiding and unable to be targeted "inside" :)
The squigherder can be killed by just killing the squigarmor
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Stinkyweed

Post#4 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:52 pm

Oooh, why use bushes to hide when we can just stand inside our pet model...nice idea!
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Teefz

Post#5 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:28 pm

DEADJACK wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:40 pm In a scenario few minutes ago i've witnessed a squig herder hidding in the moddel of his squigg and so... preventing players from targeting him.

In the same scenario this player cumulated a lot a kills by doing so ( i have his name, didn't took a screenshot but i will in the future).

Is it a normal practice ? o_O

Cheers !
If you struggle to target it manually, use tab target or alternatively you can also keybind 'Target Nearest Enemy' and 'Target Previous Enemy' under Key Mapping to help relieve some of those annoying situations.

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:15 pm You can still tab-target people, but I admit it's frustrating, shitty targeting is almost always working in favour of the SH (pet being almost always targeted first, acting like a natural shield against first attack attemps).
"Shitty targeting" almost always works in favor of all pet classes, not only squigs.
Fenris78 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:15 pm In theory you should not be able to hid into your pet, because it is meant to move aside as soon you move yourself, and should stay to your right side at all time.
So either the player found a little trick to be able to hide in the same spot, but it should not be able to do that as an exploit.
Incorrect.

The ranged pets will only move if the enemy that it is in +combat with moves out of range and the pet will freeze in place if the enemy breaks line of sight - the freezing part is still a bug, on live it would correct its own pathing, on this server you almost always have to correct it yourself by actual herding.

The ranged pets has absolutely nothing to do with the position of the squig herder while in combat, aslong as it maintains the 100-150ft(?) range to the herder and thereby avoiding the despawning by itself.
As an example, Spikey is not suppose to move if it's doing the channel as this would cancel the channel instantly - which previously was a bug, that was fixed.

The ranged pets aren't bound by the same rules as a melee pet, since 50% of the squig pets available to the squig herder are ranged pets and not melee, the range allows the pets to take a more aggro stance between the herder and the enemy without being in harms way - AOE for the most part.

Of course this is all under the assumption, that the herder can multitask and control the pets while maintaining their dps rotations and kiting simultaneously.

Let's try and keep the misinformation for the new players at a minimum, instead of screaming exploit instantly.