Recent Topics

Ads

SC queueing is working as intended and driving players away?

Let's talk about... everything else
Monteaux

Re: SC queueing is broken and driving players away

Post#21 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:43 am

Discordant Skimishes should be for 1 or a pair of player (pair = 2), premade of 6 shouldn't join the quere but i'm totaly with the TE that there are a lot of premades of 6 (same guild (not the starter one), same names over and over again in t1+.
No one could tell me that's normal at 96+ player in the t1 p.e.
So the tool is broken or the tooltip isn't correkt. :)

Ads
Throlla

Post#22 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:07 am

Weekend warfront is just something you need get done asap or you start cutting yourself

Akalukz

Post#23 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:54 pm

Just extend the mid-tier scenario to 40/RR60
-= Agony =-

Mergrim

Post#24 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:30 pm

SC Que is perfect...doing weekly on dps, mostly every fight with 0 heal/2dps shammy etc. Doin weekly on healer...9healer.

lemao

Post#25 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Throlla wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:31 am Not everyone wants to be in a premade with teenagers screaming in discord. I'm here for the fun. my life is too short to listen to that kind of crap. But yeah, it's frustrating to play vs a premade most of the time. I'm also solo/duo 100% of the time. But nothing to do about it.
Don´t complain then.

Strakar

Post#26 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:50 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:30 pm SC Que is perfect...doing weekly on dps, mostly every fight with 0 heal/2dps shammy etc. Doin weekly on healer...9healer.
I do actually think it's pretty random. The reason people end up with the same solo groups against the same premades is timing. If I mash the join button as soon as the last sc ends, likely the Teams from the last sc are doing the same thing. That's why if I'm soloing and get wrecked 2x in a row, I wait an hour or more and try again. And I've been in the all dps or all heal sc, that will change if you just wait a while to queue again. Even waiting 10 min to queue can yield different results when there are multiple games going EU time.

For those who are scared of the toxic teenager discord premade, that's only really happened in ranked. I've never had that in random scenarios, and a lot of /5 premades don't even use discord. I do understand time constraints though, I'm not going to join if I only have an hour to play, but I also know what I'm getting into.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Monteaux wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:43 am Discordant Skimishes should be for 1 or a pair of player (pair = 2), premade of 6 shouldn't join the quere but i'm totaly with the TE that there are a lot of premades of 6 (same guild (not the starter one), same names over and over again in t1+.
No one could tell me that's normal at 96+ player in the t1 p.e.
So the tool is broken or the tooltip isn't correkt. :)
While I would appreciate some coding to try and catch players abusing the system in this manner, I don't expect that to happen. Instead we have to rely on player reports.
It shouldn't be too hard to point out the offenders using the https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com/ and provide those links as evidence, along with complimentary screenshots to a GM here or on Discord.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Detangler

Post#28 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:54 pm

Lol this server is probably 99% a bunch of us nerds in mid to late 30s and above. I highly, highly doubt you will run into more than two actual legit teenagers playing this game even if you played for years. Those teens are all off practicing their fortnite dance moves to impress the ladies on the tik toks.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Lilim

Post#29 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:03 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:54 pm Lol this server is probably 99% a bunch of us nerds in mid to late 30s and above. I highly, highly doubt you will run into more than two actual legit teenagers playing this game even if you played for years. Those teens are all off practicing their fortnite dance moves to impress the ladies on the tik toks.

oh god, I lold so hard :D

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:58 pm

I actually find that mid to late 40's people are the absolute **** worst human beings imaginable on voice comms, and your statement about teens playing fortnite and doing the default dance on tiktok are spot on.

As for the queue - there is a bug that results in the game prioritizing grouped players over solo players since I was on the dev team (2017, approx) and tank/healers are normally grouped with a non-solo player so the issue of them getting faster pops becomes more apparent.

I've mentioned this to Max rather recently but he's been too busy to address it.

If you queue up as a group of 2, you'll find it's easier to get 'a pop' at bare minimum. Even if it's 2 DPS.