Recent Topics

Ads

WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Let's talk about... everything else
Omegus

Re: WH : "WHERE DID THE PARRY GO"

Post#21 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:14 pm

ZEDE wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:54 am something else ...
parry does not work on ranged weapon rolls...
test today with a WE , the two abilities are useless (from face to back, all weapon throws pass and are also destructive.. the life bar goes down very quickly whether from the back or from the side)
Parry counters melee, dodge counters ranged, disrupt counters magic, block counters all 3.

Also last time I checked Snap Shot and Throwing Dagger are bugged and undefendable.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Fenris78

Post#22 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:51 pm

Telther wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:16 pm Range doesn’t check parry….that would be dodge
Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:14 pm Parry counters melee, dodge counters ranged, disrupt counters magic, block counters all 3.
Also last time I checked Snap Shot and Throwing Dagger are bugged and undefendable.
AFAIK, all attacks from melee and tanks classes are checked against parry and block only. Including throwing weapons.

All attacks using throw weapons are undefendable (tested from tanks and mdps throw attacks), allegedly because it's the only attack that can hit keep oil (otherwise every non-magical ranged attacks are blocked 100% by oil).

The balance issue is when you combine parry check for ranged attack + undefendable + witchbrew proc.
In all other cases, it's not really gamebreaking to deal 50-100 damage from a 65ft 1s casted ability, even if undefendable.

Detangler

Post#23 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:05 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:51 pm
Telther wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:16 pm Range doesn’t check parry….that would be dodge
Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:14 pm Parry counters melee, dodge counters ranged, disrupt counters magic, block counters all 3.
AFAIK, all attacks from melee and tanks classes are checked against parry and block only. Including throwing weapons.

All attacks using throw weapons are undefendable (tested from tanks and mdps throw attacks), allegedly because it's the only attack that can hit keep oil (otherwise every non-magical ranged attacks are blocked 100% by oil).

The balance issue is when you combine parry check for ranged attack + undefendable + witchbrew proc.
In all other cases, it's not really gamebreaking to deal 50-100 damage from a 65ft 1s casted ability, even if undefendable.
Still trying to figure out how hitting someone for ~350 after resists every 1.5 seconds x5 is gamebreakingly OP....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

space44

Post#24 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:20 pm

2 most op combos to insure you can kill something within 12 second untouched in a melee. and its apparently not enough.... c:
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

ZEDE

Post#25 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:01 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:51 pm

Honestly, I'm starting to misunderstand... (we talked about it in another post)
so, effectively the shots of pistols used in throwing weapons are never parryed but...
I see regularly (and sincerely) "with absolution" my accusations being parried which leads to a no-regen via sanctified bullets...
(it never happens with the dragon gun, but of course much less interesting in solo vs 1)

Omegus

Post#26 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:12 pm

Snap Shot and the Witch Elf mirror is apparently bugged and undefendable. This bug does not apply to your pistol executions.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot