Recent Topics

Ads

Remove kill boards from RoR website

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
SuperStar

Re: Remove kill boards from RoR website

Post#31 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:05 pm

Players who dont like to die existed before the leaderboard. On live HC never die mentality was.
And i kinda like it and agree it. Of course there are some funny, interesting situations where you can die. But usually the enemy will be stonger with each kill so before the xrealm was a thing those who die a lot just feed the enemy like in a moba game.

(I really dont like the jump from wall hit 1 in good otpion and die res repeat 🔁 until zone locks)
I thing this is boring.
Die a lot is meaningless and make the kill to meaningless too. This make the whole pvp game meaningless. After all we are here to kill each other.

And these players who dont care about their die, they dont care about the leaderboard too or they should care about the leaderboard atleast.

There is an addon which catalog the deathblow most of us used this before leaderboard. Most dmg > kb/KS finally no ks anymore.

Also plz check the hight kills or good k/d ratio ppl on the leaderboard. You can see the map under the details.

They are hunting for the prey, waiting for the good momentum/opportunity.

Some ppl hunt/ some yolo/ some roleplay.

You asking is similar if you asked delete the roleplay chat or after 3 die in 15min ban them for rvr coz they are feeding and giving them free morale.

Even so few, we are so diverse.
We should accept and tolerate each other.
Do not force them anything, and do not want to change them for our sake.

Let everybody play how they want/can.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#32 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:09 pm

enemy's region kill count has more impact on players' behavior than the killboard

Repulsion

Post#33 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:26 pm

bw10 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:39 pm A quick and easy fix that would also satisfy thr majority would be to simply remove deaths from killboard. Keep the kills, remove kdr wankery
This sounds like a good idea, I guess.
The killboard is a great addition, feature and code-wise to the RoR experience.
Gameplay-wise it might be detrimental.

Any veteran that was serious about his stats was a DB-wh#!e before killboard was implemented. Deathblow was and is a thing.
It was annoying back then and an inside joke for some of us that people with constant full 6man parties thought "oh yeah x is bad, I got him at 13-1".
Heard it MULTIPLE times from all kinds of players over the course of 2019-2021 and aside from strict 1v1s I immediately thought said people are ...not my kind of people. Playing safe is not my style nor is it the path to become masterful at anything; limits need to be tested.
Spoiler:
You could see said people suddenly crumbling when it came to Scenarios, hitting wrong targets, target switching too late - bad movement when being pressured, guardswapping once per year - in general shoddy play when they weren't being carried by their party and the numbers were even. I don't think the actual best players of the server cared too much about DB stats, aside from the pure solo roamers chasing decent 1v1s.
BUT - they did play and they did try. If they died they respawned and tried again. Up until a year, or so, ago.
Now with Killboard being public the problem has regressed from a meme to a serious downgrade to how people play and pvp in the lakes is perceived.
It has even made said scenarios worse; (even if the level of play is higher than the Lazypeon days due to the server being low pop with only veterans remaining - conundrum huh?) you see plenty of AFKers or people borderline non participating. You see people playing royal guard to certain dps players farming demoralized PUGs (100% FOR Killboard stats, you know it)
Premades stop queueing the moment they clash with another premade (I think this wasn't this prevalent, but it might be anecdotal. It did use to happen.)

Then there might be shaming, the e-peen size farming, the attitude of slightly above average people bullying the average people while the top people continue being deluded by statwhoring.
To a certain extent this might sound dramatic, and it kind of is, but I legit think it's not healthy for this game.
This is not a 1v1 fighting game, it's not Magic Arena where I need to know how I fare versus a certain color deck or an archetype - and if I want to I can see that through Deathblow.

It contributes and leads to an already prevalent case of pixelphobia, which imo is the wrong way to play a PvP MMO.
You need to die and make mistakes in order to assess what is the right play, you need to die over and over again in order to learn what you can and cannot do.
You need to die to make the big boy plays.

My 2c.

SuperStar

Post#34 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:37 pm

Spoiler:
Repulsion wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:26 pm
bw10 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:39 pm A quick and easy fix that would also satisfy thr majority would be to simply remove deaths from killboard. Keep the kills, remove kdr wankery

Any veteran that was serious about his stats was a DB-wh#!e before killboard was implemented. Deathblow was and is a thing.
It was annoying back then and an inside joke for some of us that people with constant full 6man parties thought "oh yeah x is bad, I got him at 13-1".
Heard it MULTIPLE times from all kinds of players over the course of 2019-2021 and aside from strict 1v1s I immediately thought said people are ...not my kind of people. Playing safe is not my style nor is it the path to become masterful at anything; limits need to be tested.
Spoiler:
You could see said people suddenly crumbling when it came to Scenarios, hitting wrong targets, target switching too late - bad movement when being pressured, guardswapping once per year - in general shoddy play when they weren't being carried by their party and the numbers were even. I don't think the actual best players of the server cared too much about DB stats, aside from the pure solo roamers chasing decent 1v1s.
BUT - they did play and they did try. If they died they respawned and tried again. Up until a year, or so, ago.
Now with Killboard being public the problem has regressed from a meme to a serious downgrade to how people play and pvp in the lakes is perceived.
It has even made said scenarios worse; (even if the level of play is higher than the Lazypeon days due to the server being low pop with only veterans remaining - conundrum huh?) you see plenty of AFKers or people borderline non participating. You see people playing royal guard to certain dps players farming demoralized PUGs (100% FOR Killboard stats, you know it)
Premades stop queueing the moment they clash with another premade (I think this wasn't this prevalent, but it might be anecdotal. It did use to happen.)

Then there might be shaming, the e-peen size farming, the attitude of slightly above average people bullying the average people while the top people continue being deluded by statwhoring.
To a certain extent this might sound dramatic, and it kind of is, but I legit think it's not healthy for this game.
This is not a 1v1 fighting game, it's not Magic Arena where I need to know how I fare versus a certain color deck or an archetype - and if I want to I can see that through Deathblow.

It contributes and leads to an already prevalent case of pixelphobia, which imo is the wrong way to play a PvP MMO.
You need to die and make mistakes in order to assess what is the right play, you need to die over and over again in order to learn what you can and cannot do.

My 2c.
If you like to die, if you have to die, if you wanna die if you need to die, it oke mate your choice.

Why do you bothering with the killboard.
In your mentality your lot of death only show us you learn a lot, probably for now you have a nobel prize.

So why do you shame your lot of death? Why do you want to delete it?

For me it seems everybody wants good k/r but not everybody can do it. Then who can do it wanna delete it.

This is the shame.

BeautfulToad

Post#35 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:10 pm

A solution would be to have more boards, that try and rank good healing, wb leaders, etc. Not less.

Sofong

Post#36 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:18 pm

killboard is good for tracking scs, cities record, but further worsen the kd ratio ego stroking problem.

Phantasm

Post#37 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:29 pm

Removing deaths from killboard is a good idea. Could make happy both sides. And people would play more actively without fear being bottom of food chain. I mean through deaths there is a learning opportunity. I did my share and I know when my dead body is needed and when it will be a unnecessary.

Repulsion

Post#38 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Spoiler:
SuperStar wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Spoiler:
Repulsion wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:26 pm

Spoiler:

My 2c.
If you like to die, if you have to die, if you wanna die if you need to die, it oke mate your choice.

Why do you bothering with the killboard.
In your mentality your lot of death only show us you learn a lot, probably for now you have a nobel prize.

So why do you shame your lot of death? Why do you want to delete it?

For me it seems everybody wants good k/r but not everybody can do it. Then who can do it wanna delete it.

This is the shame.
I aptly explained some reasons a killboard (and KDRwh0r!ng at large) might lead to a worse experience in a low pop PvP MMO.
It was a chunky wall of text. It is also a useful tool but the positives end with what Cyrylius (iirc) mentioned earlier in the thread.

I know your comprehension isn't the best due to a language barrier but chill with the passive aggression.
Not everyone cares about kdr in a game with vertical gear progression and so many variables and I believe people with your wannabe pubstar pathology make the server worse.
People like you sound like the bar brawler that keeps count on the drunk college kids he beat up while scoffing at cage fighters. Yet if you ever tried to spar or compete...

Shoddy metrics only add 2 things:
A kinda fun minigame.
And a whole lot of ego flexing.

And since there is no metric that will ever gauge how a stagger on the healer backline can save a fight, how correct heals over mindless aoe healspam will carry a fight, how correct distribution of AoE spells will have greater impact or how the right punt on the right person at the right angle will carry the fight etc, then the metrics are at best shoddy.
Excluded are the few good players that exclusively search for 1v1 fights with equally geared roamers, but killboard just upgraded DB in an official sense for them.

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#39 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:40 pm

People blaming the killboard for behaviours than have existed in mmo's for decades
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

inoeth
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 pm

i don't understand why ppl see this as an issue lol