Recent Topics

Ads

Getting stomped in Sc's

Let's talk about... everything else
Xergon

Re: Getting stomped in Sc's

Post#11 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:27 am

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:00 pm For me the main issue is guard. You can see in ranked matches how hard it is to take down a guarded and supported target.

When guard cuts down the damage in half it doesn't take twice the amount of time to kill a target. It gets multiple times harder instead. The target takes less damage, has more time to react, the healers have more time to react, tanks have more time to punt you away or knock you down.

Unless you have perfect coordination with punts and assist you wont be able to kill people in sov playing in setup with guard and healers. See ranked.

Therefore it is incredible hard for a less coordinated or equipped group to kill ANY of them.
How dare you to demand from me to counter basic gameplay mechanic ! I just wanna smash my buttons and my targets should die...

Sometimes i really cry and die inside when i read ppl posting stuff like this...

All the solution is very simple, stop playing solo, duoQueue, tripleQueue, 6man queue, and start finally playing the game how it was designed to be played...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
lemao

Post#12 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:51 pm

The guard and immunities mechanic is what makes this game so great compared to other mmos imo.

Sinisterror

Post#13 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:47 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:00 pm For me the main issue is guard. You can see in ranked matches how hard it is to take down a guarded and supported target.

When guard cuts down the damage in half it doesn't take twice the amount of time to kill a target. It gets multiple times harder instead. The target takes less damage, has more time to react, the healers have more time to react, tanks have more time to punt you away or knock you down.

Unless you have perfect coordination with punts and assist you wont be able to kill people in sov playing in setup with guard and healers. See ranked.

Therefore it is incredible hard for a less coordinated or equipped group to kill ANY of them.

It's probably the reason we see so much stomping and people having kill : death ratios of 100:1 and more. See current weekly/monthly killboard: https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com

Winona 1720:9, Calpernia 1288:1, ... that's insane and kind of broken if you ask me.
Guard is one of the main reasons why this game is still best pvp/orvr experience. In ranked Shield wp/dok, too much powerful CC nerfs, challenge not removed from dot dmg, ICD of 1-2 seconds of Prayers/covenants/kisses/sorc bw grp procs etc. Also changing guard to apply faster and easier. Before if you guarded someone and accidentally pressed guard again it was removed and when switching guard it required using guard 2 times, first use removed it from who you were guarding.

Also removal of aoe HD and espesially HUGE nerfs to amount of crit you can have when Crit is Universal and only thing that ranges from 35-55% increased dmg. Every class had 12% Crit dmg/9 crit proc or some variation of that available to them, some even had 2. Removal of great Procs from all classess. Also with super nerfs to amounts of Crit/Crit dmg available to classes its SO OP to have FS 3-4 available. Trivial Blows as well. Imo combine those to 1 renown skill and max Crit redu should be 10% and Crit dmg 20%.

And goddamn 24 aoe cap.. not ranked thing but promotes stacking aoe dmg only instead of smart game play. Morale gains are super fast in RoR, i might remember wrong but it took like 1 min to reach Morale 1 and 2 min to get Morale 2 etc. Maybe reverse Morale Dmg nerfs and bring back Aoe HD.

Original Guard was even more Powerful, Guarded target worked the same but tank only took 35% not 50% of dmg. Live Warhammer had GCD of 1.15-1.5 seconds. What means that if you use skill at the right time (very close to 1.15) it fired, but if you tried to use it earlier than 1.15s then 1.5s GCD was forced. Trade off was faster dmg but no ap regen.

Game has been made slower and "safer" in ways that hurt the game instead of making it better.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ninjagon

Post#14 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:48 pm

+ delete barriers and add guards and little renown for guard-assist killing
+ tank mechanics, guard, etc. Tanks should have more defence against ranged dps.
+ jumps (in, out), punts, stealth, immunities,...
- any kind of pulls ...

Most problems with scenarios will solve the holy trio: DPS-healer-tank,++. Play with friends!
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

JohnnyWayne

Post#15 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:45 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:21 am
Kpi wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:08 pm The barriers are used by ego-farmers RDPS to stay safe and kill pug players, so it is better if all SCs have Barriers. Remember the ego farmers don't leave the respawn to kill players and hide behind of NPCs without any kind of merit
lmao wtf are you talking about xD
Its funny, you can clearly see who plays destro by their clueless comments.

wachlarz

Post#16 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:47 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:27 am

How dare you to demand from me to counter basic gameplay mechanic ! I just wanna smash my buttons and my targets should die...

Sometimes i really cry and die inside when i read ppl posting stuff like this...

All the solution is very simple, stop playing solo, duoQueue, tripleQueue, 6man queue, and start finally playing the game how it was designed to be played...
delete pug sc. Only premade. Will be awsome. Wait no1 play this great type of premade sc.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:29 pm

wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:47 pm

delete pug sc. Only premade. Will be awsome. Wait no1 play this great type of premade sc.
It's called Ranked. The most useless sc style.

Fallenkezef

Post#18 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:31 pm

Belanoite wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:29 pm
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:47 pm

It's called Ranked. The most useless sc style.
That's because premades are not interested in a fair fight, they are only interested in face-rolling pugs for easy renown. It's always been this way.

A good solution would be one or two (3 max) SC's with a gear cap.
Alea iacta est

Ads
lumpi33

Post#19 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm

I didn't say "remove guard". I said it is probably the reason why some groups or players are so incredible hard to kill.

Sure, it is not guard alone, it is a combination of a lot of things. However, Im pretty sure that guard plays a big factor in that because it is already too easy to stack defensive or mitigating stuff compared to damage boosting stuff. Putting a -50% damage on a player with all the other stuff there is (detaunt, CC, absorbs, heals, potions, dodge/parry/disrupt/block, etc.) is just too much. Especially on sov players/groups and especially in small scale where you just don't have the damage to counter that.

Whether they need to nerf guard or nerf defensive stuff in general or buff damage... whatever it is... we went too far in the defensive/surviving direction, allowing people to kill and roll over others while barely ever dying.

That's just not right and should be looked at.

lemao

Post#20 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm

I didn't say "remove guard". I said it is probably the reason why some groups or players are so incredible hard to kill.

Sure, it is not guard alone, it is a combination of a lot of things. However, Im pretty sure that guard plays a big factor in that because it is already too easy to stack defensive or mitigating stuff compared to damage boosting stuff. Putting a -50% damage on a player with all the other stuff there is (detaunt, CC, absorbs, heals, potions, dodge/parry/disrupt/block, etc.) is just too much. Especially on sov players/groups and especially in small scale where you just don't have the damage to counter that.

Whether they need to nerf guard or nerf defensive stuff in general or buff damage... whatever it is... we went too far in the defensive/surviving direction, allowing people to kill and roll over others while barely ever dying.

That's just not right and should be looked at.
Did you try to punt away the tank and burst the target ?