Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Detangler

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#31 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:56 pm

Ok, can someone explain the rules for why this scenario sometimes snatches away the bauble for "cowardice?" Twice in one scenario I was still on the grounds of the central temple - i.e. not touching grass, not even down the ramps leading to spawn, when it was snatched from me. I was actively attacking players as the battle progressed towards our side of the temple, yet it got yanked from me. this shouldn't happen unless you're off the temple and running towards either warcamp, right?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#32 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:30 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:56 pm Ok, can someone explain the rules for why this scenario sometimes snatches away the bauble for "cowardice?" Twice in one scenario I was still on the grounds of the central temple - i.e. not touching grass, not even down the ramps leading to spawn, when it was snatched from me. I was actively attacking players as the battle progressed towards our side of the temple, yet it got yanked from me. this shouldn't happen unless you're off the temple and running towards either warcamp, right?
Last I tried it, moving back towards your own Warcamp side can trigger cowardice (very likely if you go near/down the ramp), but you can run the bauble all the way up to the enemy warcamp side without it vanishing.

HammerGuy

Post#33 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 am

Kpi wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:44 pm Now my wife and me cant play together in Discordant... really? :(
This. 1000x this. Duo scenarios with my better half were about the only thing keeping me playing on a consistent level.

I just stopped playing my sorc. Good thing. Can you imagine trying to go into discordant scenarios as a BW/sorc or slayer/choppa? No way to guarantee a decent healer or tank in the discordant.

This is only going to push those legitimately duoing to either quit scenarios because their options now are to queue for solo discordant (queue times are so long) or go into the premade queue where they are going to get farmed by the actual premades.

This is a terrible change.

CountTalabecland

Post#34 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:05 am

Please make a pug version of weekend scens.

The discordant change is a step in the right direction but the weekend scen premades farming pugs is killing this game. It is a living hell for pugs.

If you want ppl to come back to the game, weekend scens are a good tool for that but the constant farming by premades v pugs makes it terrible for everyone.

Even when you make a premade, it still seems to queue against pugs majority of the time, and it still at 500-0 surrender at 11:00 min.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#35 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:42 am

kryss wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:19 pm Already saw big names getting wrecked in solo pug SCs, I bathe in the sweet taste of the so called "pros'" and queue abusers' tears
oh you want to tell me they're not so pro when they don't have tank and healer babysitting their ass versus 10 dps??? i'm shocked!!! :O

kryss

Post#36 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:30 am

rejndjer wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:42 am
kryss wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:19 pm Already saw big names getting wrecked in solo pug SCs, I bathe in the sweet taste of the so called "pros'" and queue abusers' tears
oh you want to tell me they're not so pro when they don't have tank and healer babysitting their ass versus 10 dps??? i'm shocked!!! :O
That's exactly what I was implying bro

Kendaric

Post#37 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:10 am

HammerGuy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 am Can you imagine trying to go into discordant scenarios as a BW/sorc or slayer/choppa? No way to guarantee a decent healer or tank in the discordant.
How do you think solo players felt when trying to play a discordant scenario? Now it's a pure PUG scenario like it was always intended to be.

Best change ever.

Phantasm

Post#38 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:36 am

Seems like some want to play toys in kindergarten for whole ROR life.

Ads
siglade

Post#39 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:51 am

Prevent solo player from normal queue sc is fair after the discordant change.. Nothing more annoying that forming a 6 to face double premade while having some solo doing nothing outside of complaining about premade! Make it fair for everyone.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Sulorie

Post#40 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:53 am

Kendaric wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:10 am
HammerGuy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 am Can you imagine trying to go into discordant scenarios as a BW/sorc or slayer/choppa? No way to guarantee a decent healer or tank in the discordant.
How do you think solo players felt when trying to play a discordant scenario? Now it's a pure PUG scenario like it was always intended to be.

Best change ever.
And still one side gets farmed each SC. The end results are the same.
Similar to the -XP removal for midtier SC to improve the experience for new players the main reasons are not addressed here once again.
Dying is no option.