Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Warfront

Let's talk about... everything else
Donos

Re: Weekend Warfront

Post#51 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:41 pm

Talladego wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:41 am Same old complaint that has gone unaddressed by the devs for years now. At this point us casual players just have to accept that we are nothing but renown piñatas for organized players. After all the only reason anyone forms a premade is to farm pugs for easy renown. If no solo players ever queued, SC's would be as dead as ranked. Best tip: form a premade or play something else.
Just because you're a casual player doesn't mean you can't still do all of the proper grouping and coordinating for SCs, or at the least still play the SC mechanics well if you do stay solo. I play 2, maybe 3 nights a week for about 2 hours or so/night and I have no issue with the current situation. I use my guild mates or if none are online, I ask in alliance. I solo queue while I'm waiting for others to join and if none bite, I just do what I can to find a way to win in whatever SC that pops.

Just because you are much more casual than some of these other people that play for hours and hours every day doesn't mean you still can't do things "properly" to help you have more fun with the game. I've been doing it for years.

Ads
bloodaxe

Post#52 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:16 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:29 am

WTH has happened? Solo has been heavily PUNISHED forever in RoR. Only Solo Playing pvp 72+ hrs for rr60 chars. And no there is no XP-Scroll and all my chars ding 40 under rr 30 so i just reroll again, again, again...

Sry i got offtopik, but how are "Snowflake-Solo"players represented nowadays by RoR? Because i def havent seen/felt that
I've leveled a AM, and a Engi mostly doing SC's, and they ended up RR 50+ by the time I hit CR 40.

Are you using renown pots?

Phantasm

Post#53 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:35 pm

bloodaxe wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:16 pm

WTH has happened? Solo has been heavily PUNISHED forever in RoR. Only Solo Playing pvp 72+ hrs for rr60 chars. And no there is no XP-Scroll and all my chars ding 40 under rr 30 so i just reroll again, again, again...

Sry i got offtopik, but how are "Snowflake-Solo"players represented nowadays by RoR? Because i def havent seen/felt that
I've leveled a AM, and a Engi mostly doing SC's, and they ended up RR 50+ by the time I hit CR 40.

Premade or solo sc? There is a huge difference, more you lose more you end up with 40k exp and 100 rps for a scenario. And ofcourse renown pots favor winning team so dont solve exp/rp ratio at all.

Martok

Post#54 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 pm

Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 amThis is highly hard to manage. Constantly facing pre-made group is difficult, especially for those of us in T4.

At the moment I write this there is a pre-made running (or spamming, I should say) the Weekend Warfront Scenario even though all of its individual members have long since completed the event requirements.

The suggestion I offered some time ago was to simply code a block which, after an individual character completed the requirements for that particular scenario event, they can no longer que for that scenario.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

lemao

Post#55 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:37 pm

Martok wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:07 pm
Pulptenks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:44 amThis is highly hard to manage. Constantly facing pre-made group is difficult, especially for those of us in T4.

At the moment I write this there is a pre-made running (or spamming, I should say) the Weekend Warfront Scenario even though all of its individual members have long since completed the event requirements.

The suggestion I offered some time ago was to simply code a block which, after an individual character completed the requirements for that particular scenario event, they can no longer que for that scenario.
That´s a really bad idea. Many people also play for renown or simply because they like playing their BIS chars in the event sc where your chance to face and fight other premades is higher.

Martok

Post#56 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:14 pm

Or, and I'm just spit-balling here, they enjoy playing their BIS characters in the event sc where their chance of encountering PUG groups is higher.

And isn't there still something called the 'ranked' sc active? I heard that somewhere.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Gravord

Post#57 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:39 pm

Any particular premade in mind? There was many full 6 man groups and partial groups tonight on both sides. Instead asking to ban players for playing, why not support fair matchmaking system instead? Like this one: viewtopic.php?t=50317

NSKaneda

Post#58 » Mon May 01, 2023 12:23 am

Unpopular opinion: make Weekend Warfront a part of Discordant as well as Premade que.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
bloodaxe

Post#59 » Mon May 01, 2023 1:44 am

Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:35 pm
bloodaxe wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:16 pm

Premade or solo sc? There is a huge difference, more you lose more you end up with 40k exp and 100 rps for a scenario. And ofcourse renown pots favor winning team so dont solve exp/rp ratio at all.
Mostly solo as I don't have friend who play during the day.

Sulorie

Post#60 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:15 am

So some in your guild group have finished the event as not all started at the same time and then the group is forced to disband? Man, that is some very bad suggestion. Furthermore you get a renown bonus, so it isn't about the event tasks only and many people in those premades are leveling rr with their mates. It's not like there are BiS groups only.
Last edited by Sulorie on Mon May 01, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.