Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Imbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Janner

Re: Faction Imbalance

Post#101 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:15 pm

Howser on order is taking off for a few days and perhaps longer so now is the time for NA destro to shine. Round up the pugs, push some zones, take some forts, go out there and show the world what you're made of. You can do it!

Ads
juzziex

Post#102 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Because NA players are scared of a fight. They'd rather all log to the one PvDoor faction and if they see a solo chase them across the map in a full 6 or WB than try to make something happen and enjoy huge AAO rewards. Because to do that you have to actually get good at the game.

Almost everyone in the game has chars on both sides so there is no excuse for a whole wb and a half staring at a door pveing all day long every day in NA time.

CountTalabecland

Post#103 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:13 pm

juzziex wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:08 pm Because NA players are scared of a fight. They'd rather all log to the one PvDoor faction and if they see a solo chase them across the map in a full 6 or WB than try to make something happen and enjoy huge AAO rewards. Because to do that you have to actually get good at the game.

Almost everyone in the game has chars on both sides so there is no excuse for a whole wb and a half staring at a door pveing all day long every day in NA time.
I'd PvDoor for rewards any day rather than switch to underdog and get trampled. Which is the same for almost everyone that plays this game. I don't see the point in trying to hide it.

AAO is only a reward if you can find a small enough group or weak enough group to kill. Odds are you will get nothing. "Try to make something Happen" isn't good enough.

The only way this can be fixed is by putting in hard population caps for which realm you can enter the lake as. Both live and simulator devs have refused to do this and so until that happens the "zerg" or "PvDoor" or whatever you choose to call it will remain.

Or I suppose they could take rewards away from whatever PvDoor is defined as. But that is penalizing people for playing a game that hardly 400 people play anymore anyways.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

jbrutal

Post#104 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:28 pm

NA order tries wayyyyy to hard they have like 5 guilds 2-3 of them who do organised
12 or 24 warbands against literally NOBODY. You end up with 1or2 org vs 1 pug wb or occasionally the svgdude with organized wb who rages in wb after wiping making players leave/log/xrealm. Also destro has too many sh/w.e/2hand tanks. I did enjoy seeing evildude wipe the floor of the vvg or w/e the guild was that night they got exactly what they do to pugs

Phantasm

Post#105 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:38 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:13 pm
juzziex wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:08 pm Because NA players are scared of a fight. They'd rather all log to the one PvDoor faction and if they see a solo chase them across the map in a full 6 or WB than try to make something happen and enjoy huge AAO rewards. Because to do that you have to actually get good at the game.

I'd PvDoor for rewards any day rather than switch to underdog and get trampled. Which is the same for almost everyone that plays this game. I don't see the point in trying to hide it.

AAO is only a reward if you can find a small enough group or weak enough group to kill. Odds are you will get nothing. "Try to make something Happen" isn't good enough.

The only way this can be fixed is by putting in hard population caps for which realm you can enter the lake as. Both live and simulator devs have refused to do this and so until that happens the "zerg" or "PvDoor" or whatever you choose to call it will remain.

Or I suppose they could take rewards away from whatever PvDoor is defined as. But that is penalizing people for playing a game that hardly 400 people play anymore anyways.
Your post is essence of NA mentality, at least EU still got realm pride guilds that enter RvR prime time no matter the odds. There is nothing incentive you can give to people to look for fight if they affraid to lose. Everyday im getting more and more sure that deaths on killboard brought more harm to game then anything else.

juzziex

Post#106 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:23 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:38 pm

Your post is essence of NA mentality, at least EU still got realm pride guilds that enter RvR prime time no matter the odds. There is nothing incentive you can give to people to look for fight if they affraid to lose. Everyday im getting more and more sure that deaths on killboard brought more harm to game then anything else.
I just don't see why people like this even play a PVP/RVR game. Farming dungeon bosses in a game like WoW is far more entertaining than PvEing keep doors and keep lords in this game....

The game is so boring lately. People who actually want to pvp only play for about 2-3 hours a day and if you aren't online at that time then you can't expect much of anything to happen.

As for not getting rewards on the losing side... I just now got 45 crests and a purple bag running around solo on the losing order side in Dragonwake. Des players prob got like 10 crests for pveing the zone lol.

Detangler

Post#107 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:49 am

I've been a destro pride"r for far too long, but gave up on most oRvR and have just been almost exclusively leveling and gearing up via scenarios for the past few months

The main problem with NA destro is lack of regular pug WB leaders that are 1. Good at leading and 2. Fun to follow around. I'm now leveling a baby Ironbreaker, and the difference between the sides is like night and day. WBleadhelper is used extensively, direction is given ahead of time, and players quickly volunteer to make overflow warbands.

Most players in this game are too afraid to make a wb, advertise in chat, and give out orders - good or bad. I have a feeling that if a few key players decided to swap to destro, you'd see things change quite quickly.

And before you ask "why don't you start one then?" I can never really tell if I can play uninterrupted for extended periods due to 1. Needy kids and 2. Needier wife.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#108 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:25 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:49 am
I have a feeling that if a few key players decided to swap to destro, you'd see things change quite quickly.

this tbh.

on the other hand, this problem wouldn't be so big if there was simply - more players playing the game. make game less grindy=more fun -> more players. that way whole "realm balance" won't go to **** if one leader decides to pull 20 of his friends from one side to the other.

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#109 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:07 am

This is also why so many WB players cry that they play for hours and earn almost nothing. When someone who goes to play the underdog side can earn thousands of RR sometimes as much as 20k fora single kill while these pvdoor players are getting 900-3k for a zone and very little for any kill they may chase down 12v1. So I say keep pvdoor’n zones and keep “feeding” all the people that just love AAO.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#110 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:47 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:07 am

This is also why so many WB players cry that they play for hours and earn almost nothing. When someone who goes to play the underdog side can earn thousands of RR sometimes as much as 20k fora single kill while these pvdoor players are getting 900-3k for a zone and very little for any kill they may chase down 12v1. So I say keep pvdoor’n zones and keep “feeding” all the people that just love AAO.
who cares about renown? it's crests that hold every new players' progress.