Recent Topics

Ads

City and LOTD start times

Let's talk about... everything else
Garamore

City and LOTD start times

Post#1 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:59 pm

Recently city and lotd have been moved to always trigger at one time in the EU timezone (9pm server time). Unfortunately its a time that I cannont make meaning now that 3 nights a week when I log in there is an event underway - this pretty much means there's no point in playing until the event is over.

Prior to this they were on a rota and changed a bit each week. There was a early EU and late EU and lotd was on a more random timer.

Any chance we can go back? At least we could make some of the events whereas now its 0.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Scottx125

Re: City and LOTD start times

Post#2 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:08 pm

It's not just the times but the days also. I work weekends and can't attend LOTD because of that. It'd be nice if we could have LOTD be on a weekly schedule so that it rotates through different times / days.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Nameless

Post#3 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:28 pm

The population has dropped more so devs put these events at most population dense server times. Frankly city siege with 1-2 instances doesnt feel right
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Garamore

Post#4 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Not made much diff - similar numbers to when cites were 8 and 10
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Acidic

Post#5 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:13 am

Garamore wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:41 pm Not made much diff - similar numbers to when cites were 8 and 10
Yesterday was 4 city instances only, so the time does not appear to be an improvement

Evilspinnre
Banned

Post#6 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:43 am

Acidic wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:13 am
Garamore wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:41 pm Not made much diff - similar numbers to when cites were 8 and 10
Yesterday was 4 city instances only, so the time does not appear to be an improvement
There were over 250 people in the lakes when city started, don't think it's a time issue.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:54 am

Not long ago when i started to play RoR i checked total population and it was 130-140 something.. Normally its 250 at that time which is low already but about 100 drop was def not expected and i just didnt log in at all.

I do still have hope that Cities/Lotd are not timed events, espesially City. I actually dont remember how lotd access worked live but i still always had access (played both sides,sometimes same server sometimes NA) to a character either being parked in Lotd or i could just fly there whenever i wanted.

When Tovl and Tombs are released, if they are like live and can be invaded/defended then im very satisfied. I think they will be changed in some way because whole lotd was changed so much that i still havent done it more than 1 time even though i really want the magic power ring cloak combo espesially. Goddamn 225-250 armour bonuses on low armour dps char...

Anyway Both Cities and lotd should NOT be only weekends/scheduled. Goldbags and Purplebags need to have Gearset pieces boe, and unique proc wpns/cloak/belts/jewely/trophy/event slot that are bop mostly, some boe but actual Wpn with proc would not be boe. Gated content is good thing sometimes.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Kpi

Post#8 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:47 am

The new schedule time is very very very bad for the Spanish people. 20:00 is ok, 22:00 is perfect, but 21:00 is horrible for us.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
kam080

Post#9 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:32 am

also, we need to add 1 more match on east pacific time zone, ty
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:05 am

Kpi wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:47 am The new schedule time is very very very bad for the Spanish people. 20:00 is ok, 22:00 is perfect, but 21:00 is horrible for us.
How is that? :mrgreen: