Recent Topics

Ads

Pug Leads We Need To Talk

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: Pug Leads We Need To Talk

Post#21 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:11 pm

Florian90210 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:33 am Nothing wrong with pug wb leaders, they just give room to those who don't want to commit into sweaty organized play.
Got a point there. I already have a job, don't need another one ingame.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
nunyamission

Post#22 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:15 pm

Yeah, be the change you want to see.

Rotgut

Post#23 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:40 pm

NA Order had few to none pug wb leaders. I started leading 2/2/2s there and its been great.

Our greatest problem are finding people to fight (and sometimes filling up, tanks and healers being their usual elusive self) so if you're destro and plays NA, please, starting forming pugs too.

Its not a 2nd job, its fun, and people do listen if you talk to them.

I've seen a lot of ppl complaining about bad pug players, but the truth i found is that its actually bad leaders. Just don't be a silent leader and it will be great. We are all people older than 30 here, we aren't stupid, we can follow instructions. What we can't do is read a mute dude's mind, who will then get mad we weren't all doing exactly what he imagined.

Vri

Post#24 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:55 pm

Kpi wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 pm
Vri wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:59 pm All to often, i see or i am in a "org wb" that is a pug. running AB doesnt make it a org wb when things like this happen. Green dots are the starting path line. Yellow is ending. This does nothing. Stop running people around, stop going to empty zones to do nothing. You are not roaming.

This link is a screen cap of the AV map with the """"roaming"""" path: https://ibb.co/wwWNgRS
This is a bit tiring already.

I don't care if the WB was of order or destruction.

The people who do nothing are always the ones who complain the most about the pug WBs and the autoband.

I would like to see those people who complain, on both sides, lead a WB of any kind ONLY ONCE.

At least we WB PUG leaders try to do something productive for our realm. If you don't like it, make a WB yourself and teach the rest of us how to do it, we'll be happy to learn.

Stop complaining about autoband and pug WBs
You must have not read my other replies. I lead and run overflows. I do not have an issue with AB, i have an issue with AB when its used by pugs, that try and come off as an org wb. Big difference.

Vri

Post#25 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:15 pm

nunyamission wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:15 pm Yeah, be the change you want to see.
This post has been viewed 1194. Best way to reach out to the players is on the forum.

Ninjagon

Post#26 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:57 pm

The PUG leaders have the hardest imaginable job out there.
Think about it: They vilingly try to play and lead to the worst noobs around. To the people, who leave after the first death, and doing all the mess between.
PUG leaders are the true heroes.
I admire them, no matter which side they play.
Ninjab - The White Lion. RETRIBUTION / DEVASTATION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - Knight, Ninjagon - BW / Ninjamar - mara, Khaininja - DoK
Spoiler:

Vri

Post#27 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:38 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:57 pm The PUG leaders have the hardest imaginable job out there.
Think about it: They vilingly try to play and lead to the worst noobs around. To the people, who leave after the first death, and doing all the mess between.
PUG leaders are the true heroes.
I admire them, no matter which side they play.
I would say a high % of the worst noobs are some vets alts. People who leave after a few deaths are tired being dragged around to be farmed and or fail flank.
I have know some great pug leads over the years, most if not all are gone or they do not want to lead anymore. Why would that be ? Worst noobs around. The next pug lead comes out of those worst noobs ranks.
Last edited by Vri on Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbrutal

Post#28 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 am

NA orda has no balls instead of making the community better these order guilds stay on the same side. How many guilds do they have 5-6? an alliance? versus what agony who run private wb or HOT guys who are new low gear players.

Just imagine if 1 guild RET or NWO or APE or VVG ect.. any of these guilds flip side to fight each other BUT NOOooooo we have nothing to fight we want to pvdoor. also the jempire people left and it got a bit better occasionally destros wins some now. As for PUG LEADING for what ????? someone always starts an organised WB and farms them.

Ads
Kirss

Post#29 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:18 pm

Vri wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:59 pm All to often, i see or i am in a "org wb" that is a pug. running AB doesnt make it a org wb when things like this happen. Green dots are the starting path line. Yellow is ending. This does nothing. Stop running people around, stop going to empty zones to do nothing. You are not roaming.

This link is a screen cap of the AV map with the """"roaming"""" path: https://ibb.co/wwWNgRS
So I'm trying to see the problem with your screenshot here of the alleged path that was used by the warband leader. Unfortunately there is far to little information to know if there was some issue with the path or not. It reveals nothing about the enemy movements or battlefield changes that may have caused the warband leader to change course.

Sadly I don't see how we can judge there competency off it at all as there could be very valid reasons in a fog of war PVP game to cause the group to change direction multiple times.

reyaloran

Post#30 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:00 pm

jbrutal wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 am NA orda has no balls instead of making the community better these order guilds stay on the same side. How many guilds do they have 5-6? an alliance? versus what agony who run private wb or HOT guys who are new low gear players.

Just imagine if 1 guild RET or NWO or APE or VVG ect.. any of these guilds flip side to fight each other BUT NOOooooo we have nothing to fight we want to pvdoor. also the jempire people left and it got a bit better occasionally destros wins some now. As for PUG LEADING for what ????? someone always starts an organised WB and farms them.
The issue is that Order will have those org wbs but they will be supported by the pug wbs and blob if we beat them. Since we have no pug wb leads on destro outside of when Chimpp is on and coordinating with us I usually end up having to fight 40+ v 24 which becomes impossible if they hit us at the same time which eventually leads to us calling it for the night since there is no good fights left for us to take. If we had a pug wb lead on destro that I could coordinate with then we could at least make the fight closer to a 50-50 or even destro sided in many cases. As for the private wb part its honestly really easy to get into my wbs as I will often take anyone who is in disc regardless of level since I just need players that will follow directions.