Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion for Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards - Promoting Faction Loyalty

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
IVendettaI

Re: Suggestion for Weekly Realm Loyalty Rewards - Promoting Faction Loyalty

Post#21 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:23 am

Your idea is really cool, but in reality people who xrealm are people who don't really care about week rewards, they just want to win, and that you can do with PvE stuff and a dominant faction, that will certainly take longer with your idea, but they will have the rewards of RvR. It has to be more punitive unfortunately

Ads
Xergon

Post#22 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:30 am

Phantasm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:00 am
  • In order to discourage frequent faction swapping, it is suggested that if a player decides to swap factions during the same week, their contribution for the new faction would become a negative number until the end of the week. Example:
    • A player joined Order guild Warband on monday and gained lets say 1000 contribution for Order Faction and is close to 1st reward, but
    • on wednesday morning he logs and see that Destro is pushing fort and wants join them for action
    • hes contribution become negative 1000 for Destro faction and become harder to get loyalty reward for that faction in that week,
    • hes Order loyalty is intact.
    This penalty would discourage players from constantly switching factions for easy rewards, ensuring a more balanced and competitive gameplay environment.
This solution would encourage steamrolling on one side for easy rewards for the whole week, zerg picks one side and more zergers join that side for easy rewards and non will swap because you lose contribution. I guess if ppl think WEEKLY xrealming is ok and will be acceptable then sure, i just dont wanna see any new topics about xrealming or boring PvD zones...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

inoeth
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:56 am

making everything easier is not going to help the balance, you can see that on any instant high end game lvl freeshards of for example daoc. people just switch whenever they want. and if you ask me thats totally fair. play whatever you want. the problem this game has is the two factions and not three. to balance the population you have to make some classes fotm from time to time so people are willing to stay in one realm. so for me the solution is class changes and im talking of one by another.

Kpi

Post#24 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:07 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:31 pm
Phantasm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:18 pm
This is not another thread to blame xrealmers for all. but to make something useful for those who DONT.
Yes, because those that stick with one side even if it outnumbers the other 5:1 and is pvd'ing zones should be rewarded to stop them from logging off in boredom.
The problem is not the people who stay on the side who more numbers. The problem is the people on the realm outnumbered who switch to the overpopulated realm, so the ratio will increase from 5:1 to 6:1 or 7:1.

I think all players on server can see how the people follow the zerg leaders, even switch realms to follow it :)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Phantasm

Post#25 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Idea of this thread was to point out that many players stay and play for some time on same faction, but also there is a fraction of players that want to swap faction whenever they want.

I understand and agree with both, there must be a certain amount of players willing to log faction they identify themselfs with - greenskin freebootaz example (i dont play order for a long time so i cant name an order guild that doesnt xrealm on daily basis) but also there must be a group of players that log underdog faction to balance out fights and reap their rewards and glory (aka farming).

The incentive reward for those loyal to their faction seems too much for many.
There is nothing else from me to say, everything is in Devs hands, its their server, they will lead RoR they way they see the most fit.

The topic may be considered closed.

Xergon

Post#26 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:19 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:07 pm
Evilspinnre wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:31 pm
Phantasm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:18 pm
This is not another thread to blame xrealmers for all. but to make something useful for those who DONT.
Yes, because those that stick with one side even if it outnumbers the other 5:1 and is pvd'ing zones should be rewarded to stop them from logging off in boredom.
The problem is not the people who stay on the side who more numbers. The problem is the people on the realm outnumbered who switch to the overpopulated realm, so the ratio will increase from 5:1 to 6:1 or 7:1.

I think all players on server can see how the people follow the zerg leaders, even switch realms to follow it :)
I actually dont see it and wish someone could show it or prove it...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Evilspinnre

Post#27 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:02 pm

Kpi wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:07 pm

Almost nobody does this...if one side is winning people are more likely to stop scs and join them in the lakes or log on, or the other side logs off or does scs.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

diedrake

Post#28 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:38 pm

With this suggestion, players are worried about imbalance, but really I don't believe anything will change. Those that prefer to play on their favorite faction will continue to do so, and those that cross realm will do so as well. This suggestion, again wouldn't hurt the game, nor the balance as, players will continue how they like to pay.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
vekkth

Post#29 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:52 am

Jagosa wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:19 pm Interesting solution to a non-issue that doesn't realistically affect anything.
I almopst spewed cola all over my keyboard.

Albais

Post#30 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:50 am

Phantasm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:07 pm I understand and agree with both, there must be a certain amount of players willing to log faction they identify themselfs with - greenskin freebootaz example (i dont play order for a long time so i cant name an order guild that doesnt xrealm on daily basis)

Surely, even as destro main, you know at least one? ;)
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund