Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Differences between Fortress Weapons: IB vs BO

Let's talk about... everything else
leftayparxoun

Faction Differences between Fortress Weapons: IB vs BO

Post#1 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:11 pm

Hello everyone,
I'd like to draw your attention to something I found out just today. When comparing the 2H Fortress weapon options for BO and IB I discovered that the unique passives are vastly different. The BO's movement speed proc is shared for all Destro tank classes and between KoTBS and SM weapons too. Meanwhile, the Anti-Heal proc for IB that is present in most 2H order weapon options does not exist as an option in the destruction weapons at all.

Seeing how IBs are the only exception here and since Slayers shouldn't normally be using 2H Fortress weapons, do you think the unique passive should be altered in this case? Do you even think this is an issue, or not?
Onlymelee MSH, Onlyhealing Zealot, Onlyhater BG - Entropy and Chaos

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride."
The Antigone of Sophocles

Ads
Tzoumarou
Suspended

Re: Faction Differences between Fortress Weapons: IB vs BO

Post#2 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:16 am

its called order biased...simple.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:45 am

Order also gets physical+magical dmg procs in subjugator wpns. I think Sh might be the only exception but Destro doesnt get 360 magical dmg proc in subj/fort wpns.

And this 25% HD proc should definetely exist for both realms and classess that should get this proc are; Dps WP/Dok, 2h Sm/Blorc, Dps Rp/Ze, Engi/Magus and WL.

Btw 360 dmg proc in Wpn never could do more than 360 dmg and only if no defence against its dmg left. Now they are increased by buffs/tactics+chop/slayer 50% dmg to 540 dmg with 0 defenses. I dont think wpn/gear dmg procs should be increased by anything, but career dmg procs(kisses,prayers,sorcbw etc) should be(like they are now but without wpn dmg procs being affected
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Rapzel

Post#4 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:48 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:45 am Order also gets physical+magical dmg procs in subjugator wpns. I think Sh might be the only exception but Destro doesnt get 360 magical dmg proc in subj/fort wpns.

And this 25% HD proc should definetely exist for both realms and classess that should get this proc are; Dps WP/Dok, 2h Sm/Blorc, Dps Rp/Ze, Engi/Magus and WL.
Please give IB the amazing speed proc yes, because now you need to invest renown points in procc to get speed buff, instead you get a useless heal debuff. The biggest insult with the IB fortress weapon is not that it is terrible, it is the fact that you cannot even spread because IB has terrible AoE.

Think you need to look up the different fortress and subj weapons, because what 360 magical damage procc are you talking about? Is it the magical damage procc on the city dungeons you are talking about? AFAIK it's 450 corp on IB and 450 elemental on BG, still same amount just different resistances.

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:07 am

Rapzel wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:48 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:45 am Order also gets physical+magical dmg procs in subjugator wpns. I think Sh might be the only exception but Destro doesnt get 360 magical dmg proc in subj/fort wpns.

Please give IB the amazing speed proc yes, because now you need to invest renown points in procc to get speed buff, instead you get a useless heal debuff. The biggest insult with the IB fortress weapon is not that it is terrible, it is the fact that you cannot even spread because IB has terrible AoE.

Think you need to look up the different fortress and subj weapons, because what 360 magical damage procc are you talking about? Is it the magical damage procc on the city dungeons you are talking about? AFAIK it's 450 corp on IB and 450 elemental on BG, still same amount just different resistances.

Lol i spec for 10 rr points to Qe on every char i play and would definetely take that proc that doesnt exist on destro side and cant spec for it : D

Engi,Sw,Wh and Slayer all get 360 physical dmg proc and 360 magical dmg proc on subjugator/fort wpns. Their destro counterparts only get 360 physical dmg proc on same wpns.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Rapzel

Post#6 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:22 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:07 am

Lol i spec for 10 rr points to Qe on every char i play and would definetely take that proc that doesnt exist on destro side and cant spec for it : D

Engi,Sw,Wh and Slayer all get 360 physical dmg proc and 360 magical dmg proc on subjugator/fort wpns. Their destro counterparts only get 360 physical dmg proc on same wpns.
It is corp. not physical. All ranged weapons have corp. while melee weapons have elemental. Not that it really matters, but IF there was a physical procc it would be affected by armor, and be utterly useless since resistances sc at 40% while armor stacks to ridiculous numbers

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am

Rapzel wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:22 am

It is corp. not physical. All ranged weapons have corp. while melee weapons have elemental. Not that it really matters, but IF there was a physical procc it would be affected by armor, and be utterly useless since resistances sc at 40% while armor stacks to ridiculous numbers
I wouldnt consider WH pistol to be ranged, Subjugator has corp dmg proc on pistol and Physical dmg proc mainhand. Blessed Blade/Bleeding Edge increases Procs dmg. WE only gets physical dmg proc whilst WH gets Physical AND Corporeal 360 instant dmg proc on subjugator wpns. Only talking about instant dmg prcs, not dots.

Akalukz

Post#8 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:50 am

I have been saying for years that the weapon procs are out of whack in a realm balance type thing. And it's crazy as I know there are a ton of weapon procs that aren't being used. Anyone that says a 10% chance of a 25% HD on AoE is worthless is fooling themselves.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:56 am

Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:50 am I have been saying for years that the weapon procs are out of whack in a realm balance type thing. And it's crazy as I know there are a ton of weapon procs that aren't being used. Anyone that says a 10% chance of a 25% HD on AoE is worthless is fooling themselves.
Yep exactly. I would quess that these procs (probably all procs, like in T4 epic quests) were changed/added/removed when aoe HD was removed, on of the biggest mistakes RoR has done. Another one would be GCD change to 1.5s instead of 1.15s GCD. I have heard (someone pls confirm?) that dps WP can debuff healing of healer to -75% Healdebuff. I think probably every class that has HD and this 25% HD proc can do that though.

Rapzel

Post#10 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:12 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am
Rapzel wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:22 am

I wouldnt consider WH pistol to be ranged, Subjugator has corp dmg proc on pistol and Physical dmg proc mainhand. Blessed Blade/Bleeding Edge increases Procs dmg. WE only gets physical dmg proc whilst WH gets Physical AND Corporeal 360 instant dmg proc on subjugator wpns. Only talking about instant dmg prcs, not dots.

Care to explain the discrepancy of the damage mitigation?