Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll] Permanent Twillight Tide Crafting

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.

Poll: Should the Twillight Tide crafting be made permanent?

Please note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Yes
68%
No
32%
Total votes: 147

bittrio

Re: [Poll] Permanent Twillight Tide Crafting

Post#21 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:36 am

Sure, but if you keep crafting open after the event ends, the materials will be highly valuable.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:30 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 am
Elemint wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:09 am
Nameless wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:30 pm

It is bis while tali slot is active. After that not so bis...
For dps it's a genesis upgrade, making it BIS. Small margin or not is irrelevant, BIS is BIS
Nope. It's got stats that are crucial for some DPS like WS/AP. But 2 piece gen gives more stats and value. It's only bis for specific builds/classes.

While I agree a crafting system should remain. It shouldn't be this or with these rings. Me and my guild put a crapton of effort into equipping ourselves with these. If you nerf them or make them freely grindable it'll just prove to be a waste of time and ppl won't get involved with events like this in future...
this, some spec benefith some not; also i still want craft in game but this system is good for an event and not for a permanent profession.

Something on the line of other craft such get 4 component and scalable is the way to go.
Likely break stuff to get project, then mine or etc to get rest of components.

Can put stuff to mine in mountain regions etc biome can be took into consideration.

reynold

Post#23 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:23 pm

If theyre permanent then its not going to be fair for everyone else. Take a look at the pie event for example. Was a good event but its not permanent so the rings shouldn't be either. Im a wh but dont care the rings still shouldn't last forever. Im thinking of others. Who would make new toons later. They wont have rings. You really want to fight people who are under geared all the time? Really sad.
Qui court deux lievres a la fois, n'en prend aucun! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOtO ... AU6sST9y3A

Scottx125

Post#24 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:10 pm

reynold wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:23 pm If theyre permanent then its not going to be fair for everyone else. Take a look at the pie event for example. Was a good event but its not permanent so the rings shouldn't be either. Im a wh but dont care the rings still shouldn't last forever. Im thinking of others. Who would make new toons later. They wont have rings. You really want to fight people who are under geared all the time? Really sad.
The rings while BiS for some specs. Are not so powerful that they alter game balance. They just make some specs slightly more viable. Genesis is still pretty close to having 2 of these rings slotted for most DPS specs. Problem is, if they keep the system in. People wasted tons of time rushing these rings and tons of gold. It's gonna upset a LOT of people. Or if we have it as event only. People later will not be as effective as some ppl with these rings until the next event if there is one. I think for now, the people who were active in the event should keep their rewards.

I suppose a way of keeping the system in is make it a true crafting profession. But instead of having the rings be permanent have them last 2-4 weeks. Therefore people who put the effort in during the event have the reward of permanent rings rather than timed one's. And have perm rings be a super rare craft.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

BluIzLucky

Post#25 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:26 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:30 am
Spoiler:
Scottx125 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 am
Elemint wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:09 am

For dps it's a genesis upgrade, making it BIS. Small margin or not is irrelevant, BIS is BIS
Nope. It's got stats that are crucial for some DPS like WS/AP. But 2 piece gen gives more stats and value. It's only bis for specific builds/classes.

While I agree a crafting system should remain. It shouldn't be this or with these rings. Me and my guild put a crapton of effort into equipping ourselves with these. If you nerf them or make them freely grindable it'll just prove to be a waste of time and ppl won't get involved with events like this in future...
this, some spec benefith some not; also i still want craft in game but this system is good for an event and not for a permanent profession.

Something on the line of other craft such get 4 component and scalable is the way to go.
Likely break stuff to get project, then mine or etc to get rest of components.

Can put stuff to mine in mountain regions etc biome can be took into consideration.
Of course the margin matters, if they made a one-time time-limited event with a straight copy of genesis but the set bonus gave 37 instead of 36, nobody would care.
Opposite if they made one with 1036 instead of 36, everyone would rightly lose their mind.

Without the special talisman, these rings fall in the first category, as you will have trade useful stats when replacing 2p gen.

I think with my suggested changes it hits the sweetspot of vertical power, which opens up specs and playstyles, without increasing the power gap much.

And yeah, I'd love to see these implemented as the other gather/craft professions, my guess is it not feasible or very high effort so have left it out, but if the devs came out and said it's just a lack of good suggestion, I'd be happy to provide some.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Edennae

Post#26 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:08 pm

But need %Block %Parade for tank

Hannesnewb

Post#27 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:48 pm

Best in slots items being only available during an event is really bad design in my opinion. Just started recently again after a long break and even with the extension i can't finish it.

Also idk if it is connected to the event, but orvr is just zerg in elven lakes and nobody really takes any keeps -> giga boring...

Panzer80

Post#28 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:33 pm

SpacestarKid wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:15 pm
shoelessHN wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:16 pm If you have like 20 characters the events are useless anyways since it takes forever to finish on one and the items are usually timed. I started skipping all these big events years ago as a result.
Totally agreed. Timed rewards is what stops me from any participation in most of events. And those Black and White custom cloaks... Seriously?
I third this.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:34 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:40 pm Pies permanent as well imo
agreed

Alubert

Post#30 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:33 pm

This is not about whether the equipment is BIS or not.
It's about the fact that it gives other possibilities than just boring 2x genessis. And this is the most important thing in this game. Never in my life have I seen old players who came back just because of this event.
The event is probably the most successful of all the entire history of RoR,
it would be a shame if people could not use it all the time.
I would also add permanently an event when we could produce liniments (especially heal crit liniments). I still have 500-600 of them but it would be nice if everyone had access to them.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+