Recent Topics

Ads

Is reward model driving current population inbalance

Let's talk about... everything else
Morradin

Re: Is reward model driving current population inbalance

Post#71 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:11 pm

Blob fighting. I get it, some people just want to fight. No sieges, no BO, just fight. If the rvr lake was shrunk to the space between the 2 war camps in ONE zone only, they would be happy to just log in and fight between the two war camps ... Like Caledor, or T1 Empire. Right?????

Question: If as you say, the majority of people play a certain way, that you do not like, what makes you think that you can change their play style?

Personally, my feelings are that if you remove bag rewards, keep take and defend rewards, then more people would leave the game. All that would be left is maybe a hundred or so players that ...

just wanna fight man

Ads
Garamore

Post#72 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:36 pm

normanis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:53 am its understandable whysuch post is opened. order new tactic is hide in keep when ganked by pullbots. where magnet sucks. so opening thread about , how bed is hide in keeps because i cant u pull. its troll thread, for biting. veery bad balance than we have now.
why hand of blood even left t1? if they whant only t1 style fights?
t2/3/4 that why has keeps. if game would be designed around wow shity batlegrounds than why bother even with making keep sistem in warhammer? why game developers even bothered with diferent pvp stile than it is already in wow? isnt that why we love warhammer with diferent pvp stile?
p,s personaly i love warhammer because of diferences not because of coppy paste of wow. byt some ppl whant evrything like in ather games just diference orcs here is fungus : lol :
This is an RvR game not a hide in a keep game. I could go hide in a wardrobe in my house if I wanted to but id rather do something more exciting. Been on order a little bit recently and so sad to see the constant t4 messages telling people to give up and hide. As Finbarr said this game is good when there's reasonable balance between sides. If half of one faction are hiding then we will never get there. Taking bags away from a keep defense takes away the incentive to afk till one occurs. By all means triple the rewards for actual fights to make up for it.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Paxsanarion

Post#73 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:46 pm

Garamore wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:36 pm
normanis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:53 am its understandable whysuch post is opened. order new tactic is hide in keep when ganked by pullbots. where magnet sucks. so opening thread about , how bed is hide in keeps because i cant u pull. its troll thread, for biting. veery bad balance than we have now.
t2/3/4 that why has keeps. if game would be designed around wow shity batlegrounds than why bother even with making keep sistem in warhammer? why game developers even bothered with diferent pvp stile than it is already in wow? isnt that why we love warhammer with diferent pvp stile?
p,s personaly i love warhammer because of diferences not because of coppy paste of wow. byt some ppl whant evrything like in ather games just diference orcs here is fungus : lol :
This is an RvR game not a hide in a keep game. I could go hide in a wardrobe in my house if I wanted to but id rather do something more exciting. Been on order a little bit recently and so sad to see the constant t4 messages telling people to give up and hide. As Finbarr said this game is good when there's reasonable balance between sides. If half of one faction are hiding then we will never get there. Taking bags away from a keep defense takes away the incentive to afk till one occurs. By all means triple the rewards for actual fights to make up for it.
I am pretty sure Order wants fights just as much as Destro. I know I do. Depends on what is happening and what Destro WB's are online at a given time. Does not make sense to fight SOV geared WB's in the open field with all the Destro pulls. When the playing field is more even Order fights in the open field more often in my experience. You well know by now that Order prefers funnels because that is thier strength. Melee ball open field is Destro strength.

JohnnyWayne

Post#74 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:12 pm

What a destro thing to say, considering destro has all the advantages open field while order is mostly relying on funnel situations.

Paxsanarion

Post#75 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:26 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:12 pm
What a destro thing to say, considering destro has all the advantages open field while order is mostly relying on funnel situations.
I am afraid the destro geared guilds will all be singing the same tune before long...and it makes me sad to see the server going this way. There will be fewer and fewer Order main geared guilds and the only way Destro main geared guilds will find good fights.....regularly...... is if they Xrealm and fight each other.......hopefully Order main population will come back up at some point.....time will tell.
Last edited by Paxsanarion on Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garamore

Post#76 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:29 pm

Are you telling me you would rather play a game where one side hides for 30 mins before there is any action? If all order can do is funnel then there is so many places in most zones where you can do it - watch a NM/TUP video or any of the good wbs and see. They will fix choppa pulls at the same time they fix rampage/id which is never so might as well come out and fight.

Paxsanarion

Post#77 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:37 pm

Nope what I am saying is .......when you are Pug........vs.....full SOV geared organized WB....and you want to have any chance at all of doing anything.....you have to pick where and when you fight. You have to be smart. What purpose does it serve to fight in the open field with absolutely zero chance of doing anything at all......if its One pug warband ....vs one SOV geared organized warband people already know how that fight is going to go in the open field. People dont want to spend there valuable playtime being farmed over and over with no hope of even scoring one kill. There has to be some hope of winning. So ...the choice is defend in the best places you can.....or hope that you get Enough order online to be competitive.

JohnnyWayne

Post#78 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:40 pm

I am telling you, I am not playing this game for large scale open RvR. Thats some professional aoe twirler stuff and to make things even worse, client performance makes that kind of fights next to unplayable. If the devs don't make order more viable open field in large scale fights (mainly giving them more control abilities) or nerf destro in that regard (see skill system rework), you'll see more and more players on destro side. A lot of the good ones already are or are at least xrealming, considering their order chars as alts.

@Paxsanarion It doesn't matter where you fight, a WB full of **** gear low levels wont beat 2 parties of full sov sweaties. And 2 is already generous...

Ads
Garamore

Post#79 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:43 pm

Or order organises better, stops playing so much range, joins and supports the bigger guilds, plays more tanks, half the realm don't hide in a keep and you may get better results.

Paxsanarion

Post#80 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:52 pm

The Thing is......its gotten to the point where there are simply not enough Order main players / organized guilds to do alot during EU prime.....no matter what the composition of the warbands is.......there are not enough players. Ther only time Order mains can do anything really meaningful is during NA prime when most of Destro is asleep. They can have days where there are some organized guilds running .....Formosa .....Ret....ETC.....but once they log there are not enough players to do much of anything on Order.......its not like it was 2 or 3 years ago when we had more people and things would fluctuate and it would not impact things so much. But now, you need destro mains to xrealm to get good fights going......thats just the way it is as far as I can tell. I dont like it either.