Recent Topics

Ads

NO npc sound/ no music/ no charor mob voice audio

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
KilrKush

NO npc sound/ no music/ no charor mob voice audio

Post#1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:20 pm

I downloaded age of reckoning. I have all the right audio files uncorrupted. I already was looking for answers across this forum but i tried everything but theirs audio mising...Ok how can you help me team? downloading a new aduio file won't work cause i have them all. I just want to play you guys this process is way to extra just to play a game.

Ads
geladaris

Re: NO npc sound/ no music/ no charor mob voice audio

Post#2 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:15 pm

Are you running it on Linux under Wine? I have the same issue and still can't figure it out. Other games running via Wine have sound properly.

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:24 pm

geladaris wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:15 pm Are you running it on Linux under Wine? I have the same issue and still can't figure it out. Other games running via Wine have sound properly.
Works fine here under wine/lutris. Might be you are missing 32bit audio packages?
lib32-pipewire for example if you are using pipewire or 32bit pulseadio if you are using thatone.

anyway audio.myp file here for just in case if thats corrupted somehow:
https://mega.nz/file/YWZU2IiI#a8IxpQZfF ... JQtsRHpgMI
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

geladaris

Post#4 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 pm

xpander wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:24 pm
geladaris wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:15 pm Are you running it on Linux under Wine? I have the same issue and still can't figure it out. Other games running via Wine have sound properly.
Works fine here under wine/lutris. Might be you are missing 32bit audio packages?
lib32-pipewire for example if you are using pipewire or 32bit pulseadio if you are using thatone.

anyway audio.myp file here for just in case if thats corrupted somehow:
https://mega.nz/file/YWZU2IiI#a8IxpQZfF ... JQtsRHpgMI
It must be an env issue. On my desktop sound works just fine, on my laptop not. Both running Pulseaudio and both have the 32-bit libraries installed. I'll do some digging to see if I can find the reason and I'll try to replace the audio.myp file to see if it makes a difference.

xpander
Community Management

Post#5 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:55 pm

geladaris wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 pm It must be an env issue. On my desktop sound works just fine, on my laptop not. Both running Pulseaudio and both have the 32-bit libraries installed. I'll do some digging to see if I can find the reason and I'll try to replace the audio.myp file to see if it makes a difference.
Install pavucontrol if you havent yet and check maybe your laptop trying to push the sound to HDMI sound or simialr.. Shooting into the dark though. Haven't used pulseaudio quite some time and with pipewire everything has been working splendid for me but yeah probably some weird setup issue somewhere.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

usmine

Post#6 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:28 am

xpander wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:55 pm
geladaris wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 pm It must be an env issue. On my desktop sound works just fine, on my laptop not. Both running Pulseaudio and both have the 32-bit libraries installed. I'll do some digging to see if I can find the reason and I'll try to replacecoreball the audio.myp file to see if it makes a difference.
Install pavucontrol if you havent yet and check maybe your laptop trying to push the sound to HDMI sound or simialr.. Shooting into the dark though. Haven't used pulseaudio quite some time and with pipewire everything has been working splendid for me but yeah probably some weird setup issue somewhere.
I have tried installing pavucontrol and audio converter but it seems the problem is not coming from these settings.

geladaris

Post#7 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:28 am

An update, my sound started working after I installed the 32-bit pipewire libraries because I was using pipewire, check that or the pulesaudio 32-bit libraries, and make sure you restart the sound subsystem (or just your computer).

baiken80

Post#8 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:33 am

Same happened here thanks to missing lib32-libpulse , now everything works fine .

Ads