Recent Topics

Ads

The "Mistake" free META

Let's talk about... everything else
Kirss

The "Mistake" free META

Post#1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 pm

Now I'm not the best player this game has ever seen but I've played both sides extensively in all my characters and accounts and here is my number one complaint.

Everyone is so worried about what their "friend's alt" will get on the other side the they don't push for a win...

"We cant siege we are even!"

"They are 20% AAO we will lose..."

"40% that's bullshit they are all waiting for us to siege."

Ads
Kirss

Re: The "Mistake" free META

Post#2 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:49 pm

Let me add one more... (and the best excuse)

"They will get keep/fort defense bags!"

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:35 pm

The question is, are they correct?
Dying is no option.

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Better than a meta of aggressively sieging to reset defenders' zone contributions :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

lumpi33

Post#5 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Kirss wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 pm Now I'm not the best player this game has ever seen but I've played both sides extensively in all my characters and accounts and here is my number one complaint.

Everyone is so worried about what their "friend's alt" will get on the other side the they don't push for a win...

People have learned from previous sieges. They wanna win and not fail.

The game doesn't reward trying. When you try and fail you will get nothing. As attacker or defender. I think it is the main reason for people logging over to the dominant side. They should be rewarded for logging to the underdog and for trying instead. The AAO system is flawed because when you can't get kills you can't get the bonus for killing and the more people there are the more likely it is that there is a healer nearby that will save your target. Even if you are having a great defense as underdog and get overrun in the end then you get nothing. It's punishing. Don't know why it is that way.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:03 am

The only issue I really have with ORvR campaign in general is that often the last zone will not be defended, yet out of nowhere a ton of defenders show up for fort then disappear again.
-= Agony =-

Aethilmar

Post#7 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:29 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:01 pm
Kirss wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 pm Now I'm not the best player this game has ever seen but I've played both sides extensively in all my characters and accounts and here is my number one complaint.

People have learned from previous sieges. They wanna win and not fail.

The game doesn't reward trying. When you try and fail you will get nothing. As attacker or defender. I think it is the main reason for people logging over to the dominant side. They should be rewarded for logging to the underdog and for trying instead. The AAO system is flawed because when you can't get kills you can't get the bonus for killing and the more people there are the more likely it is that there is a healer nearby that will save your target. Even if you are having a great defense as underdog and get overrun in the end then you get nothing. It's punishing. Don't know why it is that way.
This 1000%

Devs became obsessed at some point with people not "earning" their renown/crests/whatever so they decided to overwhelmingly reward the victor even for relatively minor contribution. A failed siege is the surest way to give up your victors spoils or you can wait until its a sure thing and kaching!

Sulorie

Post#8 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:11 pm

When you don't want to give participation rewards, then you have to focus more on individual performance and contribution based rewards and less reward split between win/lose.
As a result a good defense where you lose in the end will reward more than watching TV while being in a public warband and taking BO/keeps.
Maybe even rank performance per side individually, because as underdog you might have less options to fight back and significantly higher risks.
Either way, new players contribute less and earn less unless you reward being on the winner side, which leads to a lot other problems.
Dying is no option.

Ads
juzzieb

Post#9 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:35 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:01 pm The game doesn't reward trying.
This is a huge problem in the game. They call it a PVP game but how many really want to "PVP" its more like a take easy fights run from hard fights to farm most efficiently game. It wouldn't matter if the opposition was an npc or a player in this case. So it's more of a farming game than a pvp game in its current state.